Who do you think will win the World Tour Grand Finals?

• Ma Long

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

• Kenta Matsudaira

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Do they really need to change them? I can understand using 3 blades as then you will be comfortable with all 3 if one breaks or whatever happens.

Also from my experience even though I wouldn't throw my bat like that, they don't really break from falling on table tennis floor.

Anyway really good match, need to check out dima - fzd as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Because of the sweat.

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

That is just ridiculous! :D
Makes absolutely no sense!
Sweat may affect the handle, but not the bat itself, this sounds more creepy than any conspiracy theory I ever heared, lol :D

Players change bats time at the time, when they get too used from hitting the table or ground or anything..
But other than that they have no reason (except of trying a new one).

They may have 2-3 bats, but just to prevent the trouble when they get their bat damaged during a match.

Also it is not easy for top players to find a good bat.. For example my friend who represents our country, uses Nittaku Violin and he has 2 bats and now he says its too used and needs new one.. but tryed already 5 other Nittaku Violin blades and still they are not what he needs. EVERY blade is different..

For me they are all the same! (I mean Nittaku Violin - one is just the same like the other to me, not to him)..
They have such a feel for the ball, cant even understand that!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
That is just ridiculous! :D
Makes absolutely no sense!
Sweat may affect the handle, but not the bat itself, this sounds more creepy than any conspiracy theory I ever heared, lol :D

Players change bats time at the time, when they get too used from hitting the table or ground or anything..
But other than that they have no reason (except of trying a new one).

They may have 2-3 bats, but just to prevent the trouble when they get their bat damaged during a match.

Also it is not easy for top players to find a good bat.. For example my friend who represents our country, uses Nittaku Violin and he has 2 bats and now he says its too used and needs new one.. but tryed already 5 other Nittaku Violin blades and still they are not what he needs. EVERY blade is different..

For me they are all the same! (I mean Nittaku Violin - one is just the same like the other to me, not to him)..
They have such a feel for the ball, cant even understand that!

I remember being in the practice hall In Tokyo 2014 and saw ZJK with a bag full of bats, he had a few rallies with one, didn't like it, so got a new one out of the bag. Must have changed bats 4 or 5 times until he found one he liked! :)

I also remember seeing Wang Hao pick up Ma Longs Shakehand bat and playing Penhold with it, to a ridiculous standard. Incredible stuff really..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
@Michal_Z
The professional players glue every week new rubbers on their blade and every day when they are playing tournaments. Of course this massive amount of glue has an effect on the blade. It gets slower.
There is also an interview with Dima about this topic.

Yes, the WBG has enough water to soften the top ply over time even though it dries.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
@Michal_Z
The professional players glue every week new rubbers on their blade and every day when they are playing tournaments. Of course this massive amount of glue has an effect on the blade. It gets slower.
There is also an interview with Dima about this topic.

Thanks for enlightement.. I didnt realise that.
I thought gluing has no real sense now that glue effect is past.. but forgot that they need new rubbers all the time..

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
I remember being in the practice hall In Tokyo 2014 and saw ZJK with a bag full of bats, he had a few rallies with one, didn't like it, so got a new one out of the bag. Must have changed bats 4 or 5 times until he found one he liked! :)

I also remember seeing Wang Hao pick up Ma Longs Shakehand bat and playing Penhold with it, to a ridiculous standard. Incredible stuff really..

What blade was Zhang Jike using?

This user has no status.
Somebody said Viscaria? [emoji41]

b1e899931a76aa7f02ab48330ab5c1e4.jpg

Reactions: Suga D