PDA

View Full Version : Rio Olympics 2016 (Singles Event)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 01:49 AM
great win by vladi

TT4Life
4-2 Sam , moving on , what a good hard fight by Paul :)

lawrence.monsieurr
Samsonov sealing the deal based on experience. Always brings a smile to my face seeing Vladi win.

TT4Life
08-09-2016, 01:50 AM
Signing some balls and hitting to the crowd :)

lawrence.monsieurr
08-09-2016, 01:51 AM
Match schedule for tomorrow: https://www.rio2016.com/en/table-tennis-standings-tt-mens-singles

UpSideDownCarl
08-09-2016, 03:12 AM
Alright guys. I kind of have to do this. Sorry. Quadri Aruna is awesome fun to watch. The guy is a flippin' amazing athlete.

It's kind of too bad he has to play Ma Long next because I think he might have been able to get past anyone in the tournament except ML and ZJK.

Yeah, Jun Mizutani might be able to take care of him and Dima and Vladi. But, he has a more reasonable shot against anyone outside of the top two. And he sure is fun to watch.

He really is playing crazy good. I will be rooting for him for as long as he is still in the tournament.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

ttmonster
08-09-2016, 03:24 AM
I guess you missed a part of the fun Carl , it seems NL is "overboard" and "rascist" ... it was all too entertaining to read while it lasted... most of the people in this thread don't know the background and did not understand the humor in NL's post and the irony in some of the comments that were made taking advantage of the lack of background info.

Alright guys. I kind of have to do this. Sorry. Quadri Aruna is awesome fun to watch. The guy is a flippin' amazing athlete.

It's kind of too bad he has to play Ma Long next because I think he might have been able to get past anyone in the tournament except ML and ZJK.

Yeah, Jun Mizutani might be able to take care of him and Dima and Vladi. But, he has a more reasonable shot against anyone outside of the top two. And he sure is fun to watch.

He really is playing crazy good. I will be rooting for him for as long as he is still in the tournament.

UpSideDownCarl
08-09-2016, 04:01 AM
I guess you missed a part of the fun Carl , it seems NL is "overboard" and "rascist" ... it was all too entertaining to read while it lasted... most of the people in this thread don't know the background and did not understand the humor in NL's post and the irony in some of the comments that were made taking advantage of the lack of background info.

No, I didn't miss it. That is why I started with the word sorry in there before I got to my subject matter. I didn't mean to bring the subject up. But when I got to see footage of how good Aruna is playing, I felt I had to speak my peace.

On that other subject that I was not intending to comment on:

I know for a fact and from first hand experience that NextLevel IS NO RACIST. He is a hard hitting, no nonsense kind of guy who likes to put HEAVY Topspin on the ball and might not let someone off the hook for making a comment like, "Aruna's FH technique is ______!"

And I might feel that someone calling him racist for rooting for his fellow countryman might be instigating and making personal insults or trolling.

Anyway, I could see people who didn't get the inside comedy of NL's comment could get the wrong idea. But, if NL is anything, HE IS NOT A RACIST.

I am sad for Timo. At 33-34 he may be done. But, there are some guys who seem to be able to play into their 40s. Look how great Samsonov still is at his age. So Timo could get healthy and make a comeback. But, right now it looks like he has a long road back.

Der_Echte
08-09-2016, 04:32 AM
NL is not a racist, but he is a trouble maker.

Anyone who wants to start some trouble by saying NL is racist, I will give triple the trouble they can handle, then follow with an invoice to recoup resources used.

Der_Echte
08-09-2016, 04:34 AM
Anyone who thinks NL is THAT kind of trouble maker can line up and try to start trouble with me, I'll finish it, if NL didn't already.

Archosaurus
08-09-2016, 04:59 AM
Why the hell does everyone always have to pull the racist card out?

Doing that is the equivalent of claiming you have a cold when you lose a table tennis set, only to have said cold disappear on every winning set.

Shuki
08-09-2016, 05:12 AM
Why the hell does everyone always have to pull the racist card out?

Doing that is the equivalent of claiming you have a cold when you lose a table tennis set, only to have said cold disappear on every winning set.

I have a cold when I lose a match in table tennis. If I didn't I would never lose.

Musa
08-09-2016, 05:33 AM
Kindly where can I get the stream...I have not watched a single match sice the olympics started.. Am dying to watch

Musa
08-09-2016, 05:36 AM
It's certainly possible, but i'm still rooting for vladi. I'm watching both matches, one on my cellphone and one via livestream on my laptop :p

Which stream please? For Africa

bzing
08-09-2016, 07:03 AM
First game Bojan Tokic vs Dmitrij Ovtcharov ended 33-31. My question is, has there been any longer game in history than this? What's the longest game ever?

Takkyu_wa_inochi
08-09-2016, 08:16 AM
fantastic tournament so far...
Only big guns left...
MA Long was getting close to the precipice but he's still very much the favourite to win...
MA vs ARUNA and ZJK vs NIWA should be 2 easy wins for the Chinese to get into semis
I think MIZUTANI will cruise against FREITAS.
Odds are for OVTCHAROV to win, due to recent results and age difference, but this one is the more unpredictable. If SAMSONOV has a good start, pressure will be on OVTCHAROV, and he could make it to semis !

Ahmad Arnous
08-09-2016, 09:03 AM
I think matches(malong vs aruna ) will be the greatest match in rio .. Aruna when he plays forehand loop he like a machine ????????

JOSHUA OKINE
08-09-2016, 09:33 AM
i dont think MALONG WILL get it that easy. so as Zhang Jike

PiZa
08-09-2016, 10:25 AM
Big congrats for Aruna. He is first in history of olympic games player, born outside Asia and Europe who reach quarterfinal.

bzing
08-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Did anyone see how Youngsik was crying after he lost to Ma Long whereas Youngsik was leading ahead and Ma Long was so lucky to take the game from him because Ma Long was stressed and even after the first game had to go outside the arena with Liu Gouliang to change his t-shirt.

Also if I was Stefan Fegerl I'd be pissed off at the stupid umpire who called his serving technique something about his arm but then he took the points away from him for that and so he lost to Koki Niwa.

Richie
08-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Did anyone see how Youngsik was crying after he lost to Ma Long whereas Youngsik was leading ahead and Ma Long was so lucky to take the game from him because Ma Long was stressed and even after the first game had to go outside the arena with Liu Gouliang to change his t-shirt.

Also if I was Stefan Fegerl I'd be pissed off at the stupid umpire who called his serving technique his arm hiding the ball too much but then he took the points away from him for that and so he lost to Koki Niwa.

Ma Long was and is the better player, could you explain how he was "so lucky"?
As for Stefan, I didn't watch this particular game but he's well known for hiding his serves so props to the umpire doing something about it for once.

bzing
08-09-2016, 11:57 AM
He is better but not when under pressure which proved in many cases in the past. He crumbles when the pressure is big and was very lucky to get through even Liu Gouliang shook his face after the match. Youngsik wouldn't cry so much if he didn't think that he really had a go at him by winning the match. The 5th game should've been his but Ma Long took it somehow.

Siva Schopenhauer
08-09-2016, 11:57 AM
Liu Guoliang loves Zhang Jike more than himself. I think he will adopt him if he wins the final again :D

Watching the Crisan Match from yesterday, ZJK's conditioning looks perfect, there is some cho once in a while. Just shows ZJK is finally not bored and all set to reach the throne

bzing
08-09-2016, 12:00 PM
After a very close match Ma Long vs Youngsik, Liu Guoliang probably has more faith in Zhang Jike now for sure. Ma Long too shaky and uncertain in tournaments like this.

Siva Schopenhauer
08-09-2016, 12:03 PM
After a very close match Ma Long vs Youngsik, Liu Guoliang probably has more faith in Zhang Jike now for sure. Ma Long too shaky and uncertain in tournaments like this.

It was not about faith, LGL was totally done when ML lost the first 2 sets. In chinese standards, that is equivalent to suicide for both. For god's sake, somehow he recovered, otherwise honorable president CAI is waiting for them at Beijing.

bzing
08-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Yea I could definitely see by LGL's face dissatisfaction with ML so badly doing after he lost the first two games and the next games so close almost to losing them.

Tornado2016
08-09-2016, 12:08 PM
He is better but not when under pressure which proved in many cases in the past. He crumbles when the pressure is big and was very lucky to get through even Liu Gouliang shook his face after the match. Youngsik wouldn't cry so much if he didn't think that he really had a go at him by winning the match. The 5th game should've been his but Ma Long took it somehow.
He took one set from Youngsik after a 7:10, however the Korean player won the second set after a 10:7 lead of Ma Long as well. It was close. Ma Long won. That was no luck. In spite of the pressure he was one or two percent better than his opponent.

Siva Schopenhauer
08-09-2016, 12:19 PM

For all ZJK fanboys, just saw Coach Xiao Zhan cheering from the top of stands in ZJK vs Crisan match. Coach Zhan looks like a shaolin monk.

NextLevel
08-09-2016, 12:27 PM

Why are you jinxing him now??? And all the top players are all awesome athletes! Aruna is just slightly more awesome than many of them. :p

NextLevel
08-09-2016, 12:30 PM
He took one set from Youngsik after a 7:10, however the Korean player won the second set after a 10:7 lead of Ma Long as well. It was close. Ma Long won. That was no luck. In spite of the pressure he was one or two percent better than his opponent.

When they asked Jeoung who was going to win the singles gold, his answer was Ma Long. That tells you what happened when the match got tight.

Freitas gave a very different answer. That answer tells you what will happen when a match gets tight.

pavlik89
08-09-2016, 12:31 PM
Adrian Crisan vs Zhang Jike Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqL-CCDwEP4

Siva Schopenhauer
08-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Just watched the Ovtcharov vs Tokic highlights, beautiful match. Ovtcharov celebrated as if it was a semi final victory. This olympics has taken a different course than expected by majority. Crisan, Tokic, Aruna broke their limits and expectations of many. Interesting and good for the sport :)

bzing
08-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Nah man if you watch Ovtcharov's previous match against Li Ping it was way more unpredictable and exciting, Li Ping couldn't believe he lost the match and Ovtcharov literally sprung up from the floor when he won it was that close. Ovtcharov vs Tokic was a good match but nowhere near as good and tight match as against Li Ping.

Siva Schopenhauer
08-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Nah man if you watch Ovtcharov's previous match against Li Ping it was way more unpredictable and exciting, Li Ping couldn't believe he lost the match and Ovtcharov literally sprung up from the floor when he won it was that close. Ovtcharov vs Tokic was a good match but nowhere near as good and tight match as against Li Ping.

I ll go and watch it. I missed a lot of drama :(

bzing
08-09-2016, 01:12 PM
lol Hugo Calderano was losing 2-3 in sets to Mizutani but had 3 game points in the 6th game and he lost the match lol. The audience must've been really disappointed and him as well. He also cried but not as bad as Youngsik.

Cornel
08-09-2016, 01:24 PM
Anyone doubting their predictions for the apolonia blade after the recent matches, huh? :D

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 01:33 PM
When they asked Jeoung who was going to win the singles gold, his answer was Ma Long. That tells you what happened when the match got tight.

Freitas gave a very different answer. That answer tells you what will happen when a match gets tight.

I get your point about confidence but freitas had a different task to accomplish. His performance was of course very convincing (freitas) but in the end it was not only confidence that ruined youngsik's surprise

I think youngsik didnt expect at all ma long to be so afraid and some balls that were relatively easy he didnt capitalize, and of course in half of the crucial points in the 6th ma long played fantastic the other half he was shitting his pants and got lucky because youngsik expected much more quality shots and not just a returned ball on the table

I think youngsik after ma long leveled up 2-2 probably thought it was a matter of time to lose but when he realized that malong is having self doubts again it was too late

p.s. predictions are ok but they dont mean much when they are expressed by personalities like youngsik or ma long who are definitely mentally unstable during a tight match . I agree with you though on the freitas confidence part, you must believe it even if it sounds crazy to achieve such a performance, I wonder how he will hande mizutani lets see..by far the most interesting olympics that I have watched live since athens

UpSideDownCarl
08-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Why are you jinxing him now??? And all the top players are all awesome athletes! Aruna is just slightly more awesome than many of them. :p

Well, I don't want to jinx him. I will be rooting for him. And if anyone can pull something like this off, he is the guy. It looks like he can get to anything in a mid-distance rally.

silvershamaa
08-09-2016, 02:09 PM
What's up with the BBC sport live stream? It's saying table tennis is live but there's no option to play the live stream right now.

eyepop
08-09-2016, 02:28 PM
Kindly where can I get the stream...I have not watched a single match sice the olympics started.. Am dying to watch
Try this, it worked for me: http://aovivonatv.com/assistir-sportv-15-ao-vivo-em-hd-online-sem-travar/
Good luck!
Btw, Fukuhara is dismantling Feng right now, she's on fire!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

steffi
08-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Is Fukuhara wearing the tape to prevent cramp?

Ilia Minkin
08-09-2016, 02:34 PM
In the meantime Fukuhara massively overpowers Feng Tianwei in BH-BH rallies...

mr. tom
08-09-2016, 02:35 PM
anyone can tell me what blade Feng is using against Fukuhara?

DaveT
08-09-2016, 02:42 PM
What's up with the BBC sport live stream? It's saying table tennis is live but there's no option to play the live stream right now.

BBC has fixed it.
it is working again
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/olympics/36664492

Sa1ko
08-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Which stream please? For Africa

I don't know any stream specialy for Africa, mine only work in Belgium. But you can try one of the sollutions bellow

Yeah I watch it in Indonesia with poor connection, hahaha. Here's the link, work like a charm, no vpn needed: http://m.tudotv.tv/assistir-sportv-15-ao-vivo-online-gratis-em-hd/

you need to have a vpn connection. try install a VPN program and after you install it select a french server. basically what the VPN program does is giving you a french IP address so the site thinks you are connecting from France

VPN programs have monthly payment but some of them have a free trial period for some days so you can do your work till the TT tournament has finished

I am watching the french tv with hola, but it is quite slow. Would it be faster if i bought a vpn program? Express vpn seems to be popular.

http://rio2016.francetvsport.fr/videos/article/tennis-table-simple-tableau-riocentro-pavillon-table-27106.html

CCTV5+ HD live stream, no VPN needed! Zhang Jike is playing.
http://chaochaolive.icntv.xyz/channel/sports/cctv-5plus

jedimasterplk
08-09-2016, 03:05 PM
Mark my words lads - I have a suspicion that Zhang Jike is going to win it again. And become the greatest player ever.

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Mark my words lads - I have a suspicion that Zhang Jike is going to win it again. And become the greatest player ever.

I've said it already, gimme your money !

jedimasterplk
08-09-2016, 03:18 PM
LOL ok ok))) I wont steal your thunder :-D

Takkyu_wa_inochi
08-09-2016, 03:25 PM
FUKUHARA trashed FENG 4-0, she played in God mode. Really a huge performance, even if FENG is not the player she used to be in 2010 or 2012, but FUKUHARA wasn't performing well recently as well. She was down 3-14 in ITTF competitions and had not beaten FENG since 2013 !!

She'll be facing LI Xiaoxia, and if she plays like that, i'm curious to see the result...

ade14212
08-09-2016, 03:40 PM
I have no shred of doubts that Ma Long will take the gold. Youngsik was playing like a madman and I dare say that if he was facing ZJK at that time, JYS would have dismantled the champ. Anyway, it's funny to see that people are giving credit to ML's, supposedly, nerves but not Youngsik's godly play. If it was ZJK, the 'he wasn't serious and doesn't care' line would have thrown around a lot.

If anything, Youngsik is showing us that at his best, he could match the CNT.

NextLevel
08-09-2016, 03:43 PM
I have no shred of doubts that Ma Long will take the gold. Youngsik was playing like a madman and I dare say that if he was facing ZJK at that time, JYS would have dismantled the champ. Anyway, it's funny to see that people are giving credit to ML's, supposedly, nerves but not Youngsik's godly play. If it was ZJK, the 'he wasn't serious and doesn't care' line would have thrown around a lot.

I think more than anything else, the match revealed how technically sound Jeoung is.

ade14212
08-09-2016, 03:49 PM
I think more than anything else, the match revealed how technically sound Jeoung is.

Yeah, I meant that. Honestly, I'm still surprised that Youngsik could play like that. How do I like a post by the way?

ttmonster
08-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Looked like Innerforce ... but I am far from a blade expert
anyone can tell me what blade Feng is using against Fukuhara?

NextLevel
08-09-2016, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I meant that. Honestly, I'm still surprised that Youngsik could play like that. How do I like a post by the way?

You have to make 5 posts then the button shows up.

NextLevel
08-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Fukuhara ruined my bracket. But if anyone can ruin my bracket and leave me not so angry, Fukuhara is the one. She gets too much criticism in Japan. I hope she beats the Korean chopper in the 3rd place match.

Steven
08-09-2016, 04:24 PM
It's impressive how a chopper from North Korea is able to reach the semi-finals with way, way less international experience than all the other players.

ade14212
08-09-2016, 04:25 PM
You have to make 5 posts then the button shows up.

thanks man. No to reach that five

steffi
08-09-2016, 04:28 PM
The guy commentating the Ding Ning quarter final on NBC sounds like he's never played table tennis before.

Is there anybody familiar with table tennis they can use to commentate these matches?

This is hugely disappointing. Where's the guy who commentates the ITTF tournaments?

ttmonster
08-09-2016, 04:28 PM
I have always had this sneaky feeling that they train with the Chinese national team in the "secret trainings" :P ... but of course its a conspiracy theory so ....
It's impressive how a chopper from North Korea is able to reach the semi-finals with way, way less international experience than all the other players.

ttmonster
08-09-2016, 04:30 PM
the guy who is supposed to be there is sitting in Los Angeles and commentating on matches with his mom .. check out Adam Bobrow on facebook and the thread that dan made to get him to rio ... its really unfortunate !!

The guy commentating the Ding Ning quarter final on NBC sounds like he's never played table tennis before.

Is there anybody familiar with table tennis they can use to commentate these matches?

This is hugely disappointing. Where's the guy who commentates the ITTF tournaments?

NextLevel
08-09-2016, 04:32 PM
I have always had this sneaky feeling that they train with the Chinese national team in the "secret trainings" :P ... but of course its a conspiracy theory so ....

They play in the Super League. Nothing secret about that.

Askan
08-09-2016, 04:34 PM

same circumstance on german streams ;(

sgroustra
08-09-2016, 04:38 PM
Makes me kind of glad my stream (Netherlands) doesn't have a commentator.
We had one when Li Jiao was playing and it wasn't great...

perniciousnc
08-09-2016, 04:51 PM
The guy commentating the Ding Ning quarter final on NBC sounds like he's never played table tennis before. Is there anybody familiar with table tennis they can use to commentate these matches? This is hugely disappointing. Where's the guy who commentates the ITTF tournaments? I have just sent BBC comments about this commentator on https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mysv/contact Please help getting rid of the commentator if you can. I really wish that he's not commentating this evening. My comments: "The commentator is completely novice in the game of Table Tennis (TT). Two examples: (1) from his surprised reaction to the world number 2, Ding Ning's services, It is obvious that this is his first few times watching the world number 2's TT game. (2) He does not know the rule of table tennis (e.g. regarding edge balls) enough to judge which player won the point, and why he/she won it. (3) He is rambling, while the point is being played, on his first impression of the sports without any insights at all. I hope BBC would find someone who at least knows the game a little bit better to commentate during the Olympics. Many thanks."

slym
08-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Well done man we have the same issue on French TV. Such a pity they don't find someone good enough to properly comment the games. But european broadcasters don't care about Table Tennis anyway.

perniciousnc
08-09-2016, 04:58 PM
somehow I couldn't skip lines in my post. sorry about that.

steffi
08-09-2016, 05:02 PM
I have just sent BBC comments about this commentator on https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mysv/contact Please help getting rid of the commentator if you can. I really wish that he's not commentating this evening. My comments: "The commentator is completely novice in the game of Table Tennis (TT). Two examples: (1) from his surprised reaction to the world number 2, Ding Ning's services, It is obvious that this is his first few times watching the world number 2's TT game. (2) He does not know the rule of table tennis (e.g. regarding edge balls) enough to judge which player won the point, and why he/she won it. (3) He is rambling, while the point is being played, on his first impression of the sports without any insights at all. I hope BBC would find someone who at least knows the game a little bit better to commentate during the Olympics. Many thanks."

Yes I believe we must have had the same commentator. He was awful.

Couldn't even name her serve and was just generic with every play he called.

perniciousnc
08-09-2016, 05:04 PM
I hope you and all the BBC viewers would send BBC the feedback.

I don't want to hear him again this evening.

bricephan
08-09-2016, 05:10 PM

Yeah I did when I was verbally commentating the match to those who cannot watch. I have been following Korean youngsters for a while, but yesterday was my first time I have seen Jung playing that god mode, just as same as his teammate Le Sang Su at Korea Open few years ago winning against ML.

Anything can happen when the top player like ML too afraid to execute his powerful weapon FH attacks and giving the whole table to Jung who is certainly playing his best. I could see Jung was so relaxed and his shots outsmarted most of ML's in BH (and some FH, too) with his amazing placement variation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Yeah I did when I was verbally commentating the match to those who cannot watch. I have been following Korean youngsters for a while, but yesterday was my first time I have seen Jung playing that god mode, just as same as his teammate Le Sang Su at Korea Open few years ago winning against ML.

Anything can happen when the top player like ML too afraid to execute his powerful weapon FH attacks and giving the whole table to Jung who is certainly playing his best. I could see Jung was so relaxed and his shots outsmarted most of ML's in BH (and some FH, too) with his amazing placement variation.

some really high top level expert analysis right there. please teach me!

this time i stopped reading at this exact phrase "Anything can happen when the top player like ML too afraid to execute his powerful weapon FH "

bricephan
08-09-2016, 05:42 PM
Damn, this guy really enjoy arguing. Do me a favor, plz just stay away from me as far as possible. If you look for conflict and arguement, go for somebody else at your level of understanding and having that much free time.

Table tennis is just a game for fun to me, and TTD is where I can go during lunch break.

Let me enjoy Olympic, thanks!

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Damn, this guy really enjoy arguing. Do me a favor, plz just stay away from me as far as possible. If you look for conflict and arguement, go for somebody else at your level of understanding and having that much free time.

Table tennis is just a game for fun to me, and TTD is where I can go during lunch break.

Let me enjoy Olympic, thanks!

but im not even reading you. i guess i should go and talk to liu guoliagn then you go and try to analyze the games with your buddies! sounds fair :DDDDD xD and other smileys spam

Ahmad Arnous
08-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Just watched the Ovtcharov vs Tokic highlights, beautiful match. Ovtcharov celebrated as if it was a semi final victory. This olympics has taken a different course than expected by majority. Crisan, Tokic, Aruna broke their limits and expectations of many. Interesting and good for the sport :)

Can you give me a link of highlights please ??

TableTennisDaily
08-09-2016, 06:35 PM
Who's got there popcorn ready for the first quarter final encounter?

Going to be a close one we think.

Dima or Samsonov?

PhilDingo
08-09-2016, 06:42 PM
Is there a reason I can't find any highlights videos of the women's matches? Definitely feeling a gender bias in your coverage.

ttmonster
08-09-2016, 06:47 PM
I am rooting for Samsonov

Who's got there popcorn ready for the first quarter final encounter?

Going to be a close one we think.

Dima or Samsonov?

UpSideDownCarl
08-09-2016, 06:49 PM
I am rooting for Samsonov

Funny, me too. Gotta love the way Samsonov plays.

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Im betting my money on samsonov. think he will win

Askan
08-09-2016, 06:57 PM
in my opinion ovtcharov improved his agility and fitness. for this reason i think he will perform good and wins. but hell yeah this is going to be an awesome match

ttmonster
08-09-2016, 07:00 PM
you are right but Samsonov operates in stealth mode and the older he is getting the hungrier he is ... so I think this is going to be nail biting but because I like his style and personality off the court ( except when he has to support TTX ) which is more strategy and touch instead of all out power , I would root for him ...

in my opinion ovtcharov improved his agility and fitness. for this reason i think he will perform good and wins. but hell yeah this is going to be an awesome match

Siva Schopenhauer
Can you give me a link of highlights please ??

Hey it is a german link,. I think it wont work for u. However, They added to youtube it seems. Check for channel 'Sportschau'

UK users stream link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/olympics/36665933

For all users no vpn needed: http://m.tudotv.tv/assistir-sportv-15-ao-vivo-online-gratis-em-hd/

TTFrenzy
bbc doesnt broadcast the quarter final? wtf ! going asap to my beloved french tv

LeeYanJie
08-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Hey peeps, any idea which link I could use to watch the mens QF live right now? =/

TableTennisDaily
08-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Is there a reason I can't find any highlights videos of the women's matches? Definitely feeling a gender bias in your coverage.

I'm afraid @TTLondon2012 has not made the womens highlights just yet.

NDH
08-09-2016, 07:03 PM
The BBC Website is so slow to load the coverage.

Same happened earlier today.

It's still not on.

silvershamaa
08-09-2016, 07:07 PM
BBC is having delayed coverage all day today. The women's quarterfinals coverage didn't start till the middle of the second match, and now Ovtcharov vs Samsonov is unavailable still.

NDH
08-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Luckily we have excellent commentary to make up for it.....

Oh wait.......

ulrich
08-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Any livestreams for Dima - Vladi?

TableTennisDaily
08-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Agreed, BBC stream is own at the moment. Anyone got any alternative streams to help us from the UK?

Lucas Nascimento
08-09-2016, 07:13 PM
I went to the venue yesterday and watched the four matches at night! It was amazing!!

Pretty impressive to see those guys playing live, so "fast and furious"! lol

From the place where I sat, I was very close to the tables and my view was like this: (sorry for the camera quality :D)

Also, it was very cool that when the players finished their matches and were leaving the venue, all of them passed in front of where i was, so I could take pictures, talk quickly with some of them and also get some autographs :p

Resuming, a great privilege to watch the games yesterday!!

silvershamaa
08-09-2016, 07:15 PM
BBC has finally started streaming.

TableTennisDaily
I went to the venue yesterday and watched the four matches at night! It was amazing!!

Pretty impressive to see those guys playing live, so "fast and furious"! lol

From the place where I sat, I was very close to the tables and my view was like this: (sorry for the camera quality :D)

Also, it was very cool that when the players finished their matches and were leaving the venue, all of them passed in front of where i was, so I could take pictures, talk quickly with some of them and also get some autographs :p

Resuming, a great privilege to watch the games yesterday!!

Wow this is amazing! Looked like you had a blast Lucas! Thanks for sharing!

NDH
As Michael Buffer would say.

"WE ARE LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE" on BBC......

TableTennisDaily
08-09-2016, 07:17 PM
It's working UK users :) http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/olympics/36665933

Lucas Nascimento
08-09-2016, 07:19 PM
Wow this is amazing! Looked like you had a blast Lucas! Thanks for sharing!

Holy Moly! I definitely had a blast!!!! :cool:

John McGuinness
08-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Does anyone think Vladdy can do it??

Dima is looking strong

Ilia Minkin
08-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Samsonov fell in a middle of a rally, looks like it is a medical timeout, hope the match continues...

TTFrenzy
looks like vladi has injured his ribs muscles, hope this does not affect the rest of the match so much

TableTennisDaily
Samsonov is taking a 10 minute injury time out after that fall!

Sa1ko
medical time-out for vladi after he slipped,:eek: i wonder how this will affect his match

fanTT
08-09-2016, 07:25 PM
its not when he slipped. its after that in the next point

Ilia Minkin
08-09-2016, 07:27 PM
So far blocking and counterlooping of Samsonov looked very good, Dima had a trouble in the beginning of the second game.

CintaTT
08-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Vladi vs Dima now live on http://m.tudotv.tv/assistir-sportv-15-ao-vivo-online-gratis-em-hd/ , for those who are looking for neutral link (no vpn needed)

Cornel
08-09-2016, 07:30 PM
I really hope the consequences of the injury have been eliminated, that would be the ugliest ending to the most interesting of the matches.

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 07:35 PM
its not when he slipped. its after that in the next point

i heard him say to the doctor "when i fell my ribs were twisted" it was when he fell

fanTT
08-09-2016, 07:37 PM
i heard him say to the doctor "when i fell my ribs were twisted" it was when he fell
COuld be. Just in the last point he made fast topspin in spinning motion so I though.. Anyways its cool he is still fighting! :)

ttmonster
08-09-2016, 07:38 PM
the evergreen tree is moving its branches :P

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 07:40 PM
COuld be. Just in the last point he made fast topspin in spinning motion so I though.. Anyways its cool he is still fighting! :)

"could be" ? dude he said it! he even showed the twisting motion with his hands on his ribs. anyway yeah wahtever samso still fighiting

ronz91
08-09-2016, 07:41 PM
any english commentary streams?

Siva Schopenhauer
08-09-2016, 07:42 PM
why did samsonov make a pause after leading in the third set? It happened last time with ma long as well

Siva Schopenhauer
08-09-2016, 07:50 PM
Are we heading for another marathon set?

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 07:50 PM
good to see ovtcharov not choking in crucial points. he seems to play much more relaxed against opponents he is quite familiar, very well prepared for vladi today

Tom TTD
08-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Both players are nervous this set could be crucial

fanTT
08-09-2016, 07:52 PM
What does audience shouting? "OVA OVA"?? :D

Heffs976
08-09-2016, 07:52 PM
are they putting all the games on this table now or will jike come out on another table in 8 mins?

Tom TTD
08-09-2016, 07:53 PM
This is not good , Come on Dima !

TableTennisDaily
Big set from Samsonov there! Vladi leads by 2 games to 1!

Ilia Minkin
What does audience shouting? "OVA OVA"?? :D

It is "Vova", a shortcut for name "Vladimir".

ronz91
what a third set! Dima loses another long one

Siva Schopenhauer
08-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Vladi looks like a movie star, sucking it all up and keep going. Kudos for that man, might of an heart

fanTT
08-09-2016, 07:55 PM
referer talking in chineese i think with Vladi.. nice :D

Siva Schopenhauer
08-09-2016, 07:57 PM
come on Dima :)

ronz91
08-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Dima getting in some good first attacks in set 4!

shat1478
08-09-2016, 08:01 PM
link plzzz

Ilia Minkin
08-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Dima stopped banana flipping everything, which Samsonov exploited before and went for short receive. Works good so far.

Cornel
08-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Again Dima eating balls :D

Tom TTD
08-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Getting mugged off

CintaTT
08-09-2016, 08:06 PM
Woah, Vladi comes strong in the fifth set

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 08:06 PM
lol vladi risked and it paid off, he seems unable to move well

Cypher
08-09-2016, 08:10 PM
How did Vladi beat Dima so handily in that fifth set? I am new to table tennis so I have trouble understanding some of the smaller changes players make in between sets. Did he change his attack patterns to throw Dima off or was it the use of the flips that threw Dima off?

ronz91
08-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Dima really looping now

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 08:13 PM
How did Vladi beat Dima so handily in that fifth set? I am new to table tennis so I have trouble understanding some of the smaller changes players make in between sets. Did he change his attack patterns to throw Dima off or was it the use of the flips that threw Dima off?

he flipped more, and had more aggressive blocks + dima made 2-3 unforced errors and vladi was up 10-2 in a blink

ronz91
08-09-2016, 08:14 PM

They know each others games really well. Also seems to be confidence and momentum swinging back and forth

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 08:15 PM
fate is on dima's hands now, vladi for sure cant perform 100% after the injury and has great problem in rallies, most of the points he wins are fast tactics/traps

Cornel
Samsonov blocking in God mode.

P.S. I think the crowd healed his injury

TTFrenzy
omg what an edge ball by samsonov

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 08:17 PM
vladi tactics are quite obvious, going all in @ the first 3 shots and trying to force an error/weak shot from dima

eyepop
08-09-2016, 08:18 PM
I'm no table tennis expert myself, but I think Vladi did it with his short pushes, change of pace and fantastic blocks. He also got lucky a few times. And he's really, really calm, which also helps.

Richie
08-09-2016, 08:20 PM
This game is crazy

fanTT
08-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Hve you seen that Dima's "Walder" serve :D

And bronze medal goes to lucky Vladimir Samsonov.. :)

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 08:21 PM
hahaaaaa he made it ! vladi a beast

Cornel
08-09-2016, 08:22 PM
Match point won in God Mode

Siva Schopenhauer
Bad day for German Table tennis, Schade. Good luck for Sammy for semifinals :) He is a 40 year old virgin of TableTennis

ulrich
Wooooooooooow Vladi. Great comeback in the 6th.

lawrence.monsieurr
08-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Samsonov man... What can I say? You're everything man, absolutely fantastic play with an injury nonetheless. All the credit goes to you, despite some edge balls. Deeply humbled, hats off to you maestro

ronz91
08-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Give vladi a medal already :D after that reaction with the coach, he should always have one! tough one today dima, see you back in 2020

Ilia Minkin
08-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Looks like Dima tried to step around too much and use his FH as much as possible and got punished for that :(

TableTennisDaily
08-09-2016, 08:26 PM
INCREDIBLE SCENES! Vladimir Samsonov eliminates Dimitrij Ovtcharov and is the first player through to the semi finals of Rio!

eyepop
08-09-2016, 08:27 PM
I can't wait for the team event. There will be two pissed off, blood-thirsty players in German squad :-)

Cornel
Looks like Dima forgot to play some real match vs Waldner besides training serves :D

roger
Power without cleverness is useless!

FloKing
08-09-2016, 08:30 PM
Weird match. Fantastic victory :D

Askan
08-09-2016, 08:31 PM
Hey it is a german link,. I think it wont work for u. However, They added to youtube it seems. Check for channel 'Sportschau'

UK users stream link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/olympics/36665933

For all users no vpn needed: http://m.tudotv.tv/assistir-sportv-15-ao-vivo-online-gratis-em-hd/

thank you!

Shuki
08-09-2016, 08:34 PM
anyone know mizutani's record with freitas? I'm praying my main man mizu gets bronze :)

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 08:34 PM
koki niwa very strong 7-2 already!

Cornel
08-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Wow, I think it is the first game lost by ZJK in this tournament

Ilia Minkin
08-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Sending all rays of support to Niwa now!

shat1478
08-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Link for Koki Niwa plzzz

TableTennisDaily
That moment....

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Samsonov beats Ovtcharov!<br>That moment you know you have won! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rio2016?src=hash">#Rio2016</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TableTennis?src=hash">#TableTennis</a> <a href="https://t.co/zpYhgYmUG2">pic.twitter.com/zpYhgYmUG2</a></p>&mdash; Table Tennis UK (@TTUnitedKingdom) <a href="https://twitter.com/TTUnitedKingdom/status/763112076248244226">August 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Siva Schopenhauer
Now I am getting mad, this can never be tolerated.

kera7
08-09-2016, 08:45 PM
guys, just register on " unlocator.com ", it has 7day trial period, and you can visit every site you want and watch table tennis event in hd on sites like nbcolympics. Enjoy!

ronz91
08-09-2016, 08:45 PM
how much does Koki Niwa weigh?

TTHopeful
08-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Samsonov's like a fine wine :cool:

SpinWins
08-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Samsonav win was incredible. Enjoying now CHN v JPN

lawrence.monsieurr
08-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Anyone else having problems with their streams?

UpSideDownCarl
08-09-2016, 08:57 PM
Well, on this side of the draw, I will root for Samsonov. At the beginning I was rooting for him. But, seeing how Aruna played so far, I am rooting for him too.

I know, I like to root for underdogs. If Aruna gets knocked out I go back to rooting for Samsonov. But, man it would be wild if Aruna can handle Ma Long. I am really looking forward to that matchup.

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 08:58 PM
damn so many players putting up a great fight, its a pity we dont see these performances so often. koki niwa going super sayian so far

shat1478
08-09-2016, 08:58 PM
link streaming plzzz niwa vs zjk

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 08:59 PM
predicting 4-1 win for ZJK, seems like he has figured out how to neutralize niwa's tactics and attack first or set traps

Dan
08-09-2016, 08:59 PM
damn so many players putting up a great fight, its a pity we dont see these performances so often. koki niwa going super sayian so far
Absolutely agree why can't World Tours be like this! The table tennis is so intense I love it!

ttboll
08-09-2016, 09:06 PM
I have different emotions considering the match of Samsonov vs Ovtcharov. Yes, Vladi had great luck in the last set but he fully deserves the luck considering his career and that he does not yet have the Olympic medal. On the other hand Ovtcharov would have much more possibilities to beat the Chinese. I'm afraid Vladi is too slow for Jike.

fanTT
08-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Absolutely agree why can't World Tours be like this! The table tennis is so intense I love it!

Agree! And Dan I hope you have taken a pic of your haircut - Quadri is coming! :D

NextLevel
08-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Well, on this side of the draw, I will root for Samsonov. At the beginning I was rooting for him. But, seeing how Aruna played so far, I am rooting for him too.

I know, I like to root for underdogs. If Aruna gets knocked out I go back to rooting for Samsonov. But, man it would be wild if Aruna can handle Ma Long. I am really looking forward to that matchup.

Carl,

I have warned you to stop jinxing my man!!! Stop it. As we say where I come from, you and I will wear the same pair of trousers if you continue this jinxing!

UpSideDownCarl
08-09-2016, 09:22 PM
Carl,

I have warned you to stop jinxing my man!!! Stop it. As we say where I come from, you and I will wear the same pair of trousers if you continue this jinxing!

Sorry bro. You are right. I did not mean it that way. Go Aruna. Go Samsonov.

Siva Schopenhauer
08-09-2016, 09:26 PM
This olympics is definitely worth the money. Zjk vs ML. Fight for their glory. gonna be a8some.

My predictions
ML vs Mizutani 4:1
ZJK vs Valdi 4:2

Gold medal
ML vs ZJK 2:4

History being rewritten by the naughty boy of table tennis Zhang Zico

SpinWins
08-09-2016, 09:32 PM
I can not wait for Long/Aruna!!!

bzing
08-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Koki Niwa playing so calm, not a single cho from him, if it was Masataka Morizono playing he would've screamed his head off through the entire arena after every point.

Dan
08-09-2016, 09:46 PM
Koki Niwa playing so calm, not a single cho from him, if it was Masataka Morizono playing he would've screamed his head off through the entire arena after every point.
This confused me to. It didnt even look like he tried. I'm sure he did and he has a calm mental approach about it, but a few fist pumps and cho's would show hes in the fight to his opponent.

Dan
08-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Agree! And Dan I hope you have taken a pic of your haircut - Quadri is coming! :D
Oh boy! I have this feeling ill be bald by the end of this week! :)

bzing
08-09-2016, 11:06 PM
I want Ma Long to beat ZJK in the final, It'll be devestating for ML if he loses it because this is huge, this is an ultimate proof for ML that he is capable of beating ZJK so I really hope he'll beat him. Otherwise the whole career might crash for ML. Sure he might still keep playing and win some world tours but if he misses this opportunity to win gold medal in the Olympics beating ZJK than he'll be forever known to be the worse player than the ZJK.

I want to see Ma Long doing final victory celebration and seeing how the arrogant ZJK loses the match.

Mar5kid
08-09-2016, 11:14 PM
Live streaming: Ma Long vs Quadri Aruna: http://chaochaolive.icntv.xyz/channel/sports/cctv-5plus

TableTennisDaily
08-09-2016, 11:17 PM
Samsonov's predictions are correct so far... can he go all the way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSWVD53cg6A

fz29888
08-09-2016, 11:24 PM
Quarter finals live on cctv 5+ here:

Steven
08-09-2016, 11:27 PM
anyone know mizutani's record with freitas? I'm praying my main man mizu gets bronze :)

According to ITTF's head to head (http://ittf.com/_front_page/ittf2.asp?category=head_to_head1) statistics... 6-0 in favor of Mizutani. ;)

Siva Schopenhauer
08-09-2016, 11:29 PM
Quarter finals live on cctv 5+ here:

Thanks FZ it is working great quality

slym
08-09-2016, 11:32 PM
http://rio2016.francetvsport.fr/videos/article/tt12-singles-quarterfinals.html

lawrence.monsieurr
08-09-2016, 11:33 PM
After watching the whole match between Samsonov and Ovtcharov, there are a few things that really strike me:

1) Samsonov had some luck in the last set, but Ovtcharov was up 8-4 and made 4 unforced errors, so it isn't with luck that Samsonov won
2) Dima looked nervous, played nervous and didn't display any smart tactics that were apparent to me (if I am wrong, please correct me)
3) Samsonov clearly suffered from his injury: he didn't move as well as he normally did. SO, Dima losing this match is even more a surprise.
4) Samsonov displayed some brilliant tactics here: pushing to the deep FH of Ovtcharov, as to force him to open the rally up and then putting pressure on him. Also, staying out of the longer rallies and Dima's BH on first notice. Letting Dima move from the deep FH all across the table, which is a weak point of Ovtcharov. Lastly, Vladi didn't use the banana flick often to open the game, as to break the rhythm of Dima, which worked fantastically.
5) And to end, the thing that surprised me the most was the performance, or even better, lack of mature performance from Dima. ALWAYS going full power, seemingly without thinking what he wanted to do during the point. Giving Vladi the opportunity to turn the tables in his favour, using the speed from Dima against him. Dima displaying MANY unforced errors during the match.

I am really dissappointed in the way both Timo and Dima played in the Singles Event. Both top 10 players ( Boll out of the top 10 atm, but certainly top 10 worthy). Both their performances and level of play were not what you would expect from them. Timo visually struggling with his movement and Ovtcharov really not playing as number 5 in the world would play in such an important tournament as this. His match against Li Ping was in my eyes also not the best. Consistency wise it was pretty shaky to say the least.

I do really hope that they can both learn from this, adapt, and redeem themselves in the Team Event.

Siva Schopenhauer
08-09-2016, 11:44 PM
Zhang Jike Vs Koki Niwa Full HD Match, Enjoy mates :)
He guys, since there is some issue with embedding, I have shared HTML Link to the video. Just clicking on the image takes you to the hosted video.

https://thumb.oloadcdn.net/splash/ruRZk8-Hr1U/2T_61V-xwWc.jpg (https://openload.co/f/ruRZk8-Hr1U/Zhang_Jike_vs_Koki_Niwa_Quarter_Finals_Rio%3A2016_Full_Match_HD_.mp4)

Ilia Minkin
08-09-2016, 11:45 PM
5) And to end, the thing that surprised me the most was the performance, or even better, lack of mature performance from Dima. ALWAYS going full power, seemly without thinking what he wanted to do during the point. Giving Vladi the opportunity to turn the tables in his favour, using the speed from Dima against him. Dima displaying MANY unforced errors during the match.

Dima overpowered everybody in ETTC 2015, probably he thought that he would get away with that this time.

lawrence.monsieurr
08-09-2016, 11:46 PM
He guys, since there is some issue with embedding, I have shared here the direct link to
Zhang Jike Vs Koki Niwa Full HD Match, Enjoy mates :)
https://openload.co/f/ruRZk8-Hr1U/Zhang_Jike_vs_Koki_Niwa_Quarter_Finals_Rio%3A2016_Full_Match_HD_.mp4
Thanks a lot man :)

TableTennisDaily
08-09-2016, 11:47 PM
Who's tuned in? I feel a 7 set coming!

Mizutani vs Freitas

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13939567_10153994938814332_95588260531946524_n.jpg?oh=89930e1e7151711e98cf0f0cc2ac578f&oe=58231186

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 11:51 PM
bold prediction 4-2 for freitas. 1-1 now mizutani looking so frustrated and surprised probably some rallies didnt go as expected

lawrence.monsieurr
08-09-2016, 11:51 PM
Great fight from Marcos, love it!

ttmonster
08-09-2016, 11:52 PM
Don't worry, Mizu will fight back .. this is going to be a 7 setter for sure ...

bold prediction 4-2 for freitas. 1-1 now mizutani looking so frustrated and surprised probably some rallies didnt go as expected

bzing
08-09-2016, 11:54 PM
haha Marcos was 10-9 in the 2nd game he chopped the ball and Jun Mizutani missed an easy ball.

NextLevel
08-09-2016, 11:54 PM
Mizutani too good for game 7.

TTFrenzy
08-09-2016, 11:55 PM
mizu definitely playing smarter now, his short game and decision making for when to attack are better than marcos. good to see freitas trusting his BH more, he used to always pivot and lose the point

slym
08-09-2016, 11:57 PM
Wow this shot at 9-3 from Mizu

slym
08-09-2016, 11:58 PM
Freitas needs a new tactic asap : P

TTFrenzy
08-10-2016, 12:03 AM
Freitas needs a new tactic asap : P

yup he relies on his rallying abilities but what else can he do he probably knows he cannot outwit jun in the opening phase/short game flicking. he is super aggressive, win some lose some it think it all boils down on how jun handles the game

TTFrenzy
08-10-2016, 12:05 AM
rofl i should probably eat my tongue right about now, freitas just won a beautiful point with a bh flick over a short push :P

slym
08-10-2016, 12:07 AM
Ye I feel like that too, if Mizutani doesnt loose his rythm it will be really tough for Marcos.
He tried to stay closer to the table, good idea but not enough I think

TTFrenzy
08-10-2016, 12:07 AM
yup mizu 3-1. at least im going to get the score right o_O i just cant see freitas coming back from this

bricephan
08-10-2016, 12:11 AM
Both Aruna and Jun are in great shape, super performance now. Would be hard for ML to reach the final :)

TTFrenzy
08-10-2016, 12:13 AM
Both Aruna and Jun are in great shape, super performance now. Would be hard for ML to reach the final :)

hello teacher!

slym
08-10-2016, 12:17 AM

True dat, but he will do it !

At least I hope so

bricephan
08-10-2016, 12:20 AM
True dat, but he will do it !

At least I hope so

me too. Some says his path to final is so easier compared to ZJK's, but after watching Aruna took down Boll, and Jun playing right now, I would disagree on that

lawrence.monsieurr
08-10-2016, 12:23 AM
Freitas' staying alive, great match and atmosphere :)

bricephan
08-10-2016, 12:27 AM
Freitas' staying alive, great match and atmosphere :)

He is gone now :D Jun is too aggressive

lawrence.monsieurr
08-10-2016, 12:29 AM
And that's all she wrote, despite a valliant effort from Freitas. Jun was just too strong

slym
08-10-2016, 12:30 AM
me too. Some says his path to final is so easier compared to ZJK's, but after watching Aruna took down Boll, and Jun playing right now, I would disagree on that

Ye it looked like that at the beginning but right now I think ML has tougher opponents.

Sooo, his time now. After his performance against Yougskik I really fear that he chokes. But he won't, right? :confused:

bricephan
08-10-2016, 12:32 AM
One thing I love about Olympic Games is that after the match, all the players really shake hand each other and even friendly talk. What a sportsmanship!

TableTennisDaily
08-10-2016, 12:35 AM
Jun Mizutani is the 3rd player through to the semi finals of Rio with a 4-2 victory over Marcos Freitas!

bzing
08-10-2016, 12:36 AM
Poor Freitas ! Btw very much Gomez Addams look alike lol !

http://www.opraticante.pt/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MarcosFreitas.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Bv0BdXs.jpg

Richie
08-10-2016, 12:37 AM
Does anyone have the BBC link for the next game? Everytime I press play it just sends me to the ping pong prodigy video.

lawrence.monsieurr
08-10-2016, 12:37 AM

It's almost scary, the significance between the two lol

Ilia Minkin
08-10-2016, 12:40 AM
Aruna's coach is serious!

Heffs976
08-10-2016, 12:41 AM
Does anyone have the BBC link for the next game? Everytime I press play it just sends me to the ping pong prodigy video.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/olympics/36666839

Richie
08-10-2016, 12:43 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/olympics/36666839

Thanks, it still just sends me to that video, guess I'll settle with the french one instead.

TableTennisDaily
08-10-2016, 12:43 AM

Hi Richie, try this :) Enjoy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/olympics/36666839

If it doesnt work open link in a new browser

lawrence.monsieurr
08-10-2016, 12:45 AM
http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/Rio-2016/Rio2016_Live

For anyone who's struggling, livestream 6

steffi
08-10-2016, 12:46 AM
I think Ma Long has already spotted the poor footwork of the lanky Nigerian.

Siva Schopenhauer
08-10-2016, 12:47 AM
well, many underestimates the top 10 guys. Just shows how fast these guys are compared to the rest 100. Mizutani is way faster for freitas and Aruna has no chance but to defend.

Just looks a like a repeat of Ma long vs Bojan Tokic. Hopefully Aruna adapts during the last 2 sets

TTFrenzy
08-10-2016, 12:51 AM
aruna's fh is so strong but if the ball comes back, bye bye recovery. it would be a surprise if he gets 7 points

Siva Schopenhauer
08-10-2016, 12:53 AM
I don't ****ing understand why Ma long is choking against Aruna at the third set. LOL

After years of preparation, ML is still afraid to face olympics. Just shows why LGL picked ZJK for 2012. Don''t choke Ma long/

Everyone who faced Aruna haad problem with his power and spin. Looks like he is adapting to the speed of ML. 4th set could be somethign interesting.

But, why the **** did ML became pussy again during the first 6 points of 3rd set?

TTFrenzy
08-10-2016, 12:54 AM
rofl gotta love arune, he just punches the ball even harder no matter ma long does

Siva Schopenhauer
08-10-2016, 01:03 AM
ROFL, Ma long back to pussy mode. Lost 4 points by BH block

Aruna has beautiful serves, seems ML is little bit threatened by them. Aruna giving his best, kudos to put a brave fight man

UpSideDownCarl
08-10-2016, 01:04 AM

Hahaha. Pretty funny. Gomez Adams has great touch.

TableTennisDaily
08-10-2016, 01:06 AM
Ma Long is through to the semi finals of Rio with a 4-0 win over Quadri Aruna and will now face Jun Mizutani!

SpinWins
08-10-2016, 01:07 AM
Ma Long is making some shots that are simply better than anyone else. A complete master class performance. He is incredible.

Siva Schopenhauer
08-10-2016, 01:07 AM
Hahaha. Pretty funny. Gomez Adams has great touch.

You have to give credit to him for picking up to be the olympic champion. He is really a super confident guy

steffi
08-10-2016, 01:08 AM
Ma should try to serve down the line the Nigerian stands too far to the left.

Siva Schopenhauer
08-10-2016, 01:08 AM
Lessons learned, Ma long's Forehand or Maradona's God's Hand?

slym
08-10-2016, 01:11 AM
Because Ma Long isnt attacking doesnt mean that he's in "pussy mode". How stupid are these comments... Now every time Ma Long will loose a point is because he choked. Yeye.

TableTennisDaily
08-10-2016, 01:12 AM
Tomorrow's Women's Semifinals:
Li Xiaoxia CHN vs. Ai Fukuhara JPN
Ding Ning CHN vs. Kim Song I PRK

Siva Schopenhauer
08-10-2016, 01:14 AM
Because Ma Long isnt attacking doesnt mean that he's in "pussy mode". How stupid are these comments... Now every time Ma Long will loose a point is because he choked. Yeye.

Sorry Ma long is not a chopper like Gionis. He is built to butcher.Have you ever seen Ma long play passively and have you ever seen Ma long win by playing passively. The only time Ma long blocks is in his transition during forehand loops on either sides. There are no blocks in ML's game.

If Ma long plays like this, there is no way he is winning 2 sets against ZJK. He has to bring the 2015 Grand tour guy back to brazil

javaded
08-10-2016, 01:17 AM
Aruna`s birthday! crowd sing birthday song for him!:)

alcu
08-10-2016, 01:18 AM

how do I see the game now

bricephan
08-10-2016, 01:20 AM
how do I see the game now

It is over buddy, done and dusted, 4-0 for ML. You may want to wait for TTLondon to make a highlight clip soon :)

Siva Schopenhauer
08-10-2016, 01:21 AM
I ll try to upload it tomorrow

slym
08-10-2016, 01:24 AM
Yes I've seen him blocking with his backhand several times before counter-attacking. Thats surely what he wanted to do but missed his block.
Changing peace is also a strategy I've seen him using several times, even if most of the time he's attacking almost everything.

Siva Schopenhauer
08-10-2016, 01:28 AM
Yes I've seen him blocking with his backhand several times before counter-attacking. Thats surely what he wanted to do but missed his block.
Changing peace is also a strategy I've seen him using several times, even if most of the time he's attacking almost everything.
yeah, you are right, I didnt mean that he never blocks. But, the way he blocks was uncommital. In the last set, after scorign the first point, he lost the next 4 points by blocking passively, Except for the 4th one, the rest were unforced errors. There are no unforced errors in ML's game. That percentage is significantly less and that makes him number 1. When he plays non commital, that is his pussy mode. But, a normal one for rest of others and the rest aren't world champions either

UpSideDownCarl
08-10-2016, 01:32 AM
After years of preparation, ML is still afraid to face olympics. Just shows why LGL picked ZJK for 2012. Don''t choke Ma long/

LGL did not pick anyone for 2012 Olympics. By the IOC (International Olympic Committee) rules for qualification for 2012, the first Qualifier in June 2011 for 2012 Olympics was WANG HAO. The second was ZJK. Ma Long did not qualify for singles. Even if the idea of using the World Ranking from June 2011 (just after 2011 WTTC) was idiotic (which it was and why they changed the qualification process) it doesn't change the FACT that Ma Long simply did not qualify for 2012.

This year LGL did pick ZJK over FZD and XX who would have qualified ahead of him. But in 2012, the choice was not LGL's. Wang Hao and ZJK won their spots by the rules put in place by the IOC. End of story.

This year's qualification rules had a loophole that allowed LGL to choose ZJK over FZD and XX. But that was not the case in 2012.

slym
08-10-2016, 01:33 AM
yeah, you are right, I didnt mean that he never blocks. But, the way he blocks was uncommital. In the last set, after scorign the first point, he lost the next 4 points by blocking passively, Except for the 4th one, the rest were unforced errors. There are no unforced errors in ML's game. That percentage is significantly less and that makes him number 1. When he plays non commital, that is his pussy mode. But, a normal one for rest of others and the rest aren't world champions either

Indeed he played a bit passive, probably to change the peace and disturb Aruna, I don't think he was fearing anything, regarding the way he came back, after seeing that this wasnt effective.

About the unforced errors, ye they're really rare, so rare that we notice them too much when they happen.

Siva Schopenhauer
08-10-2016, 01:37 AM
Indeed he played a bit passive, probably to change the peace and disturb Aruna, I don't think he was fearing anything, regarding the way he came back, after seeing that this wasnt effective.

About the unforced errors, ye they're really rare, so rare that we notice them too much when they happen.

K it didn't happen today, but against jeung youngsik, Ma long played the backhand game of Jeung. He never does that, by that I mean he never plays other's games. He makes them to play his game which is far superior to anyone. That again shows something is wrong, but to give credit to him, he created his own problems and finally solved them. Against Mizutani, it is gonna be an easy run. So, probably he will meet ZJK at final which was everyone's fantasy

Siva Schopenhauer
08-10-2016, 01:38 AM
LGL did not pick anyone for 2012 Olympics. By the IOC (International Olympic Committee) rules for qualification for 2012, the first Qualifier in June 2011 for 2012 Olympics was WANG HAO. The second was ZJK. Ma Long did not qualify for singles. Even if the idea of using the World Ranking from June 2011 (just after 2011 WTTC) was idiotic (which it was and why they changed the qualification process) it doesn't change the FACT that Ma Long simply did not qualify for 2012.

This year LGL did pick ZJK over FZD and XX who would have qualified ahead of him. But in 2012, the choice was not LGL's. Wang Hao and ZJK won their spots by the rules put in place by the IOC. End of story.

This year's qualification rules had a loophole that allowed LGL to choose ZJK over FZD and XX. But that was not the case in 2012.

Yeah CNT have their reasons suited to their needs. Well, Ma long was number 1 at that time isn't it.

TTFrenzy
08-10-2016, 01:38 AM
LGL did not pick anyone for 2012 Olympics. By the IOC (International Olympic Committee) rules for qualification for 2012, the first Qualifier in 2011 for 2012 Olympics was WANG HAO. The second was ZJK. Ma Long did not qualify for singles.

seriously Carl i admire your patience its hialrious. im more than bored to reply 4 years after the 2012 olympics and still there is the fairytale drama of LGL picking wang hao or zjk over ma long . I mean daaaaaamn

UpSideDownCarl
08-10-2016, 01:39 AM
K it didn't happen today, but against jeung youngsik, Ma long played the backhand game of Jeung. He never does that, by that I mean he never plays other's games. He makes them to play his game which is far superior to anyone. That again shows something is wrong, but to give credit to him, he created his own problems and finally solved them. Against Mizutani, it is gonna be an easy run. So, probably he will meet ZJK at final which was everyone's fantasy

This shows that you didn't understand what you watched. JYS did a great job of keeping ML's FH out of the match. When ML started pinning JYS to the BH side he started controlling the points.

Without the intelligent tactics of controlling the BH corner, ML would not have started getting his FH into the match and really could have lost.

TTFrenzy
08-10-2016, 01:40 AM
Yeah CNT have their reasons suited to their needs. Well, Ma long was number 1 at that time isn't it.

nop ma long was no5. the rankings after wttc 2011 would decide who would go for olympics in london

Siva Schopenhauer
08-10-2016, 01:43 AM
This shows that you didn't understand what you watched. JYS did a great job of keeping ML's FH out of the match. When ML started pinning JYS to the BH side he started controlling the points.

My point was he was testing whether JYS backhand was strong enough or not. He did that during the first couple of sets, then changed the plan. In the last set, the complex arose again and he lost some points until LGL came back and shove the racket into his mouth and take the round back home