Professional Tenergy........

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Pro Tenergys arent that different from to commercial ones. When producing the Tenergys it starts with a 1 meter by 1 meter rubber (for example) and pros get their Tenergys made out of the middle part of this rubber sheet because its better quality.

Don´t think it is that easy anymore, although I heard this story some 30 years ago and it still pops up, maybe to conceal far darker truths ;-)

While Pro ESN rubbers for example are of a better, more consistent quality they also have a different sponge.

And I cannot see why Butterfly wouldn´t produce something exclusive and put a tenergy stamp on it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
How differently? Is it just a more boosted version of tenergy?
For 80s, it tends to be abit harder and more supportive than normal ones.
Not sure about 05 tho. Cant feel much of a difference.
I have heard something about Chuang Chih-Yuan's 05 on the backhand is actually extra soft though....not sure about the legitimacy of this rumor tho.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
The difference is not that big, but noticeable!
In general, they're just harder and the topsheet is always of top quality.
When you buy at some store in package sometimes you get bad topsheets which aren't that elastic and grippy and the hardness of topsheet and sponge can vary a lot. You can avoid this a little bit by chosing rubbers by weight, but with this you can't distinguish between sponge and topsheet and can't check the topsheet quality.
The pro rubbers are far more consistent in this respect, most of the time consistenly harder, more elastic and grippy.
...and of course some big guns can chose topsheet and sponge hardess as they like in a consistently good quality.
The same rules for ESN select rubbers...except that they are more pre-tuned.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I had a friend who is a pro and sponsored by Butterfly order rubbers for me. I don't know if they were specified as different or anything but I know they came straight from Butterfly and they played better than ones you would buy from a retailer. They did feel boosted. But the difference wasn't dramatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You gotta watchout for any rubbers a sponsored player gives out. The "Factory" now has really modern tracking technology as they embed a small chip into the sponge and they can track location of the rubbers and its usage. The factory will know right off where all its rubbers are and how they have been used. Once their paramaters for unauthorized sale and use have been triggered, the factory sends out its Mafia hit teams to track you down and teach you a lesson.

Last time, the big sponsored company tried to do a hit job on Carl and was naive enough to walk into the lobby and try to hit the buzzer of his apartment. Carl saw this coming, allowed all FOUR of the hit-squad to get into the right place, and Carl then calmly pressed the approprite buttton on his smart phone. A trap door suddenly opened and the hit squad quickly slid down a steep chute into the biggest pile of shyt known to man as the entire bottom of the building was converted into a large septic tank. That squad made some noise the first few days, then one by one mellowed out, much like if a mouse falls from the attic down between the drywall and 2x4s to scratch and jump around a few at floor level for a few days before quieting up.

What was the point of that wierd crazy secret story?

The "pro" and "national" versions of rubbers all have some crazy-azz hard to believe cock and bull story around them and no one knows if any of it is true or not. You want to know if the story about Carl is true, you gotta find his secret hideout and hire an excavation company and pay off a few judges to sign warrants beofre you get close to the truth, and then, when the moment hits, you prolly cannot handle the truth.

If you don't know what that last line means and where it comes from...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
You gotta watchout for any rubbers a sponsored player gives out. The "Factory" now has really modern tracking technology as they embed a small chip into the sponge and they can track location of the rubbers and its usage. The factory will know right off where all its rubbers are and how they have been used. Once their paramaters for unauthorized sale and use have been triggered, the factory sends out its Mafia hit teams to track you down and teach you a lesson.

Last time, the big sponsored company tried to do a hit job on Carl and was naive enough to walk into the lobby and try to hit the buzzer of his apartment. Carl saw this coming, allowed all FOUR of the hit-squad to get into the right place, and Carl then calmly pressed the approprite buttton on his smart phone. A trap door suddenly opened and the hit squad quickly slid down a steep chute into the biggest pile of shyt known to man as the entire bottom of the building was converted into a large septic tank. That squad made some noise the first few days, then one by one mellowed out, much like if a mouse falls from the attic down between the drywall and 2x4s to scratch and jump around a few at floor level for a few days before quieting up.

What was the point of that wierd crazy secret story?

The "pro" and "national" versions of rubbers all have some crazy-azz hard to believe cock and bull story around them and no one knows if any of it is true or not. You want to know if the story about Carl is true, you gotta find his secret hideout and hire an excavation company and pay off a few judges to sign warrants beofre you get close to the truth, and then, when the moment hits, you prolly cannot handle the truth.

If you don't know what that last line means and where it comes from...

Wait. So you mean the 20 or so times that I almost got hit by a car this week alone were all assassination attempts made by BTY?
It all makes sense now!
But I already disabled the chip by the MI:III defibrillator method. How'd they find me???

Last edited: