Who do you think will win the World Championships?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 67 38.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Timo Boll

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Well, me as a health food consultant or how to translate what I actually do .. simply I cannot agree!
If you knew what actually NUTELLA does to your brain and poor body, you would know, that it can really slow down your reactions and everything.
Having healthy breakfast, maybe Fan would have won ;)

But we will never find out now..

Anyways - this only supports what I think - Fan will get much more injuries in the future than Zhang.
And this can lead to NO world championships singles title at all..

I heard a story that a top national hockey team changed its post lunch drink from yoghurt smoothie to americano coffee. And it worked wonders on the performance of the team in the afternoons/evenings, so I can relate to what you are saying. Even heard Novak Djokovic gave up gluten and it boosted him to World no. 1. So, concerned folks in CNT , grab a food consultant in addition to your new health trainer. Mate , are you game to consult CNT ?? Rainneverever might arrange something for you !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Well, me as a health food consultant or how to translate what I actually do .. simply I cannot agree!
If you knew what actually NUTELLA does to your brain and poor body, you would know, that it can really slow down your reactions and everything.
Having healthy breakfast, maybe Fan would have won ;)

Is that the same thing as a nutritionist or a dietitian?

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. Tournament is over. FZD eating Nutella for breakfast seems like a perfect subject. Hahaha.

MZ: what is wrong with Nutella? It is basically Hazelnut + Chocolate with a little sugar and palm oil added.

And how on earth would something the kid ate early in the morning affect him 7-9 hours later after he had already played a semifinal match.

I mean, was that Nutella slowing him down at 9-7 in the 7th? If it was, I would hate to see the kid on a diet where he IS NOT SLOWED DOWN by Nutella. Hahahah.

And it is worth knowing that a kid who does as much training and exercise as he does can really eat whatever he wants. The analogy of Michael Phelps is on point. These guys do need good nutrition. But they also need massive amounts of calories. They burn that stuff up so fast with how many calories they burn.

And I am sure the CNT staff isn't foolish. With the calories, I am sure they have enough stuff that has good nutrition for him.

I like the story about the Hockey team changing their post lunch drink from something healthy like yogurt to coffee.

Yep, I bet the extra caffeine helped them play better after. Hahaha.

Perhaps they had someone who knew what minerals and nutrients that caffeine causes to be depleted so they could add them to the player's diets. Nothing wrong with caffeine. It definitely, taken in reasonable doses will help you have more energy.

You just also need to know that that it pulls electrolytes out of your system so you need to add more.

And since exercise that causes you to sweat also pulls electrolytes out of your system, an athlete would need to replace more electrolytes than normal if performing while caffeinated. But I am sure many many athletes do perform after having some form of caffeinated beverage.

BTW: to really get the nutrition right for an athlete you would need to do blood tests to see what nutrients they are low and high on; what nutrients they metabolize well and what nutrients they don't.

Good nutrition is not simply a matter of connecting Lego pieces. You actually have to do some work the figure out what the person really needs in his/her diet.

I could see Nutella being a part of a breakfast that may actually have been perfect for FZD.

Maybe Lee Sangsu would have done better if he had some Nutella for breakfast.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
I remember going to National Training Center's caffeteria in Tokyo. There, each section was separated and marked by colour and athletes must take at least one plate from each colour so that their nutrition is balanced. They also had to report what they've eaten to their nutritionists for monitoring purpose. Most athletes had taken more than one plate from each section anyways so there seemed to be no concern about lack of nutrition.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I heard a story that a top national hockey team changed its post lunch drink from yoghurt smoothie to americano coffee. And it worked wonders on the performance of the team in the afternoons/evenings, so I can relate to what you are saying. Even heard Novak Djokovic gave up gluten and it boosted him to World no. 1. So, concerned folks in CNT , grab a food consultant in addition to your new health trainer. Mate , are you game to consult CNT ?? Rainneverever might arrange something for you !!

Whoa, I would love to!

In fact, I would really love to!

I am a dreamer and I also offered my advices to Timo Boll, but not sure if he even got my message.
But maybe one day I can help him with his knees ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Is that the same thing as a nutritionist or a dietitian?

No, in fact I do not count callories or what..
I only care about the energy and influence of the food at the body (or on the body, not sure) and what it does.
It is ok for Fan Zhendong to eat 700g of beef per day, if he moves like he does.
The problem will occure, when he will stop excercising..
There are soooo many ex athletes, who used to eat that much, and after retiring, they stopped excercising, but they didnt stop eating those enormous portions of food.. guess what? Yep, they got fat, pretty bad fat mostly..

So - I just think, Hippocrates was right - food should be your cure ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Yep. Tournament is over. FZD eating Nutella for breakfast seems like a perfect subject. Hahaha.

MZ: what is wrong with Nutella? It is basically Hazelnut + Chocolate with a little sugar and palm oil added.

And how on earth would something the kid ate early in the morning affect him 7-9 hours later after he had already played a semifinal match.

I mean, was that Nutella slowing him down at 9-7 in the 7th? If it was, I would hate to see the kid on a diet where he IS NOT SLOWED DOWN by Nutella. Hahahah.

Carl you are just so wrong in so many things..
For record: Nutella is NOT basically hazelnut with chocolate with little of sugar.. Go read ingredients..
In fact, Nutella is basically a lot of sugar, lot of oil with a little of chocolate and around 1-2% of hazelnuts ;)
That is for the first. For second - do you know how many hours spends nutella or bacon in your body till it deals with it?
I guess not. Therefore you dont know how it affects your body 7-9 or 14 hours after you ate it..
It is okay, many people dont know.
Second - I am NOT saying anything about any diet. Do you think I do have a diet? .. well ok, in fact, right now I do have, but this is different.. I do not eat anything sweet, I have this promise to myself not to eat anything sweet for one year. Ends in July. But other than that - It is no diet what I eat. It is a lifestyle. I do not say I am vegan (despite that I do not eat meat or drink milk or eat cheese).. I am not vegetarian or anything like this. I just have knowledge about food, I know what does what and I decided NOT to eat stuff that is not healthy for my body. What many people dont know is, that human body is designed to live 120 years without pain, without illness and health problems. Many people think different, they think that in 50-60 years of age some probelms are just normal. Well - they are if you eat nutella and stuff like that ;)
But imagine 90 years old dude making stuff like 20 years old boy. I mean some gymnastics and other stuff, this all is possible. And mostly done by chinese healthy living people. That is actually what I dont understand most - why CNT is living such an unhealthy life (according to the food) when it is the chinese people discovering what all the food does..??
Same goes with Phepls. How many years was he on top?
And what do you think how many years would he stay on top eating healthy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
World 2017- logo.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
No one can resist Nutella. I mean come on

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

I bought nutella for my kids.
But not standart nutella.
This one is called carobella.
Contains 0% of sugar, carob, corn syrup, hazelnuts, sunflower oil, etc.. Simply - nothing to harm their health.
(=no milk, no sugar, no hot pressed oil)

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Back at my desk now, after attending a few days of the WTTC and it is easier to not post on a phone.

One thing I hadn't mentioned is how absolutely and incredibly obnoxious the ZJK fan girls were in the stands -- a kind of rudeness that you see a lot with large herds of adolescents only magnified substantially. They all had little ZJK purses that had a whole kit of little accessories each with his picture or initials on them. They were not interested in the matches at all, except when their hero was playing (which meant that 99% the time they were simply bored out of their minds). And there was no good place for them to congregate and talk about their idol except in the stands where other people were actually trying to watch matches. So a bunch would sit down right in front of me, get settled (sort of since they were talking loudly constantly), and about 2 minutes later get bored, get up, block my view, and doing just about everything they possibly could to be annoying. And they ran in large herds and they did everything as a group, which meant that not just one would sit down and then get up two minutes later, it would be more like ten of them. I enjoyed the tournament immensely except for that.

One thing about the decline of ZJK that people will not miss are the fan-girls. They didn't seem to have a lot of interest in Ma Long or FZD. I was able to watch those guys in relative peace. One match I really wanted to watch on my first day (when seating was open) I basically gave up because swarm of fangirls descended. So I ended up getting up and watching a different match (which turned out to be really interesting).

Liu Shiwen had a bunch of fans too, but they were not anywhere near as annoying.

All the German fans who play seemed to show up in their club shirts, and that was amazing. So many clubs! They were very knowledgeable about TT. Some were pretty amused at my cheering for the American girls in their doubles match (I watched them beat Mo Zhang and a woman from Austria in an earlier round) and suprised to see an American who had traveled that far to watch ping pong.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
You got it. In fact, if a ZJK fangirl shows any interest in ML, she will be kicked out and denied by other ZJK fangirls. That's rule #1. They will be nicer to FZD if they stay till the final because FZD was playing against ML :p

One thing about the decline of ZJK that people will not miss are the fan-girls. They didn't seem to have a lot of interest in Ma Long or FZD. I was able to watch those guys in relative peace. One match I really wanted to watch on my first day (when seating was open) I basically gave up because swarm of fangirls descended. So I ended up getting up and watching a different match (which turned out to be really interesting).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
What many people dont know is, that human body is designed to live 120 years without pain, without illness and health problems. Many people think different, they think that in 50-60 years of age some probelms are just normal. Well - they are if you eat nutella and stuff like that ;)
But imagine 90 years old dude making stuff like 20 years old boy. I mean some gymnastics and other stuff, this all is possible. And mostly done by chinese healthy living people. That is actually what I dont understand most - why CNT is living such an unhealthy life (according to the food) when it is the chinese people discovering what all the food does..??
Same goes with Phepls. How many years was he on top?
And what do you think how many years would he stay on top eating healthy?

How exactly would changing your diet (or eating less oil and sugar) somehow bypass the Hayflick limit? Research into aging does not show that people are 'designed' to live to 120 years old let alone 120 years with no illness or health problems! (There are some comments and calculations on a maximum age of around 120 years, but this does not mean the same thing as designed to live to 120 years!) This is more an anomaly than a norm!

Whilst I'm all for eating healthy, I think you're delving a bit into fantasy and pseudoscience here. Old people in China are basically the same as old people elsewhere on average, you're as likely to see a spry 90 year old in China as you are in Europe (generalisation, seeing as China has a larger but overall younger population, whilst Europe has a smaller, but older population), and something similar is true for a weak and sickly 90 year olds. Current and past research strongly suggests it is in fact normal for loss of functionality as people age.

Regarding Phelps, he's been at the top for about 15 years, which is easily one of the longest (if not the longest) careers of any swimmer, he eats more than nearly all his contemporaries (ryan lochte~5000, usain bolt~5000, andy murray~3000). You could easily say that the top athletes need that much energy, and the best way to not spend all your time eating instead of training is to eat more energy dense food as it will get burned off very quickly irregardless (I mean imagine if you had to hit 12000 calories eating only 6 calorie stalks of celery everyday! you'd be eating all day everyday forever!). Ironman triathletes consume gel packs during races which largely boil down to just sugar (in fact many companies are working on incorperating fat into their gels).

I don't mean to be so confrontational, but some of what you are saying is not true.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
You got it. In fact, if a ZJK fangirl shows any interest in ML, she will be kicked out and denied by other ZJK fangirls. That's rule #1. They will be nicer to FZD if they stay till the final because FZD was playing against ML :p

proof or it never happened! do ML and ZJK fangirls beat each other and pull their hair??footage from the basement asap