WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

This user has no status.
The camera is not at all at the same eye level as Dang Q's, so this shot is completely irrelevant.
What is much worse is Wang's positioning at the side (and so many others) of the table which makes him serve almost every FH shuttle service over the table. When is this ever going to be banned?
It's not over the table though it is close - I viewed many slowmos. The main thing he does is that the ball passes behind his ear instead of in front of his eyes on the way down. This makes a lot of the path hidden (illegally), and then you get a tiny glimpse of the ball when it gets contacted and then no more.

I actually tried his method of serving, it is damn difficult to do and time the contact this way, it has to be trained deliberately.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Fan/Wang vs Ma/Lin what a crazy match! Fuh.. I was so tired just watching. LOL
It is amazing how people can keep the ball short over and over again in doubles, it is just a different level of play and shows you the hard work put into controlling the ball to gain the first attack - if you can do it in doubles, it is second nature in singles.

Reactions: jbvttcc and Kopp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Wang Manyu absolutely hates playing Chen Meng. You can tell it makes her fundamentally uncomfortable even when she gives it a great effort.
That said, she has figured out how to stop relying only on quality vs CM and to double down on consistency and pattern breaking. There is Olympic hope in WM's resolve so far.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Moment of truth for whether Liaoning Province has changed their support for WYD.

Oh wait silly me, didn't realise WYD has been officially declared out of the running for Olympics singles by the coaches. But sounds like team is still possible.

mmexport1710581754742.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Moment of truth for whether Liaoning Province has changed their support for WYD.

Oh wait silly me, didn't realise WYD has been officially declared out of the running for Olympics singles by the coaches. But sounds like team is still possible.

View attachment 28770
It'll basically be Sun Yingsha + Wang Manyu in the Olympic singles imo. There's no one else better than them at the moment.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Again, Liang reminds us of why the best backhand in the world does not have to flashy, it just has to get the job done under a barrage of pressure. Amazing.
LGL: 脖子以下大满贯/Grand Slam material below the neck.

Jan 2018
Another disappointing performance from LYJ where he comes up short again. If not for the draw, would he have reached this far?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
What are you predictions between WMY vs WYD and WCQ vs LJK? I’m going with WMY (fairly obvious I believe) and WCQ despite their recent H2H because I reckon WCQ’s serve receive game and footwork are better.
I agree on result but i expect the WCQ to have to solve LJK in real time and i don't think footwork or serve receive will be the deciding factors, it will be whether WCQ is humble enough to play away from LJK's backhand. I think the main reason LJK terrorizes lefties is that they keep trying to loop through his backhand and they don't come to terms with the resistance they meet there early enough or their pride gets in the way (how dare he rally with my forehand with his backhand). I think WCQ will lose if he continues this pattern but I expect him to find some tricks based on his experiences with Fan.

Reactions: Robin0910
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Another disappointing performance from LYJ where he comes up short again. If not for the draw, would he have reached this far?
You can't blame him for losing to GS champion below the neck. The versatility and consistency of Liang was borderline supernatural on some points, some of the best counteroffensive TT I have seen in a while. I actually forgave LJK for going reverse‐Haribauer on almost every point.

Reactions: TampaBayTableTennis