Zhang Jike fined 45.000 euros!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Well in my opinion..
A price money is "a price money for the champion" what ever happens and who ever is the winner,it should be given!
Diciplinary actions due to misbehaving attitude should be given should be implemented.. but you have to give the price money.

But also in my honest opinion zjk doesnt need that price perhaps.. whats impt to him is that he is the world champion of the new era polyball

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
For any of the many ZJK fanboys saying that there is absolutely nothing wrong with breaking barriers after a match... Are you out of your mind? Yes it is a huge moment for him, but he didn't just do it once.. he did it twice! Someone at the top of any sport has to show restraint... Celebrate, but celebrate respectfully.

I get and support the argument for how 45,000 fine is excessive... it definitely is, but there still needs to be some sort of fine/punishment.

On a second point, imagine how Ma Long feels when he looks up and ZJK is doing that... It is such poor sportsmanship to his fellow teammate, and to be showing the youth.

ZJK is an amazing player, but he is too arrogant for me.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
For any of the many ZJK fanboys saying that there is absolutely nothing wrong with breaking barriers after a match... Are you out of your mind? Yes it is a huge moment for him, but he didn't just do it once.. he did it twice! Someone at the top of any sport has to show restraint... Celebrate, but celebrate respectfully.

I get and support the argument for how 45,000 fine is excessive... it definitely is, but there still needs to be some sort of fine/punishment.

On a second point, imagine how Ma Long feels when he looks up and ZJK is doing that... It is such poor sportsmanship to his fellow teammate, and to be showing the youth.

I am not sure I have read any comments like that (didn't read the whole thread though). I think there have been a lot of nuanced comments that basically come down to the idea that some punishment would be certainly warranted, but that $45,000 was ridiculous. I could even imagine a suspension for awhile, or a smaller fine. To just take away the man's entire winnings is just not right. Also, who is going to get it? ITTF is going to keep it? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

This user has no status.
OFFTOPIC: Guys, can you private message each other and discuss this? Please not in this Thread or even in this Forum. I actually like this website because its NOT like every other Internet Forum.

First of all I absolutely agree with the above quoted statement. The forum has got tens of thousands of members from all over the world. And with all its audience it shows a vivid regular communication, exchange of opinions and experience with good level of mutual respect which surprises and gladdens me as forums sometimes are full of bad stuff. We are all united by the same passion here Table Tennis. I hope you Dan, your team and we all will keep that level otherwise such hot topics may lead to this:

In mother Russia barriers break you! ;)

at first they drunk you out and then break you :)

Talking about ZJK's behavior - a kind of punishment should have been implemented anyway but not such a high sum and not related to prize money. But honestly speaking I don't believe in genuineness of all this. DRAMA is needed because there's no drama now in terms of big tt titles. So the Drama s been done.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
I think fining Zhang Jike was the right move. It acts as a message/warning from ITTF to other players that this kind of behaviour won't be accepted.

Aside from that, Zhang Jike is a badass.

Last edited:
says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
Were you inside the stadium and saw that? I think he did talked to ma long and comfort him, in the live streaming he talks to ZJK and then walks towards ma long but then the camera changes. So im not 100% sure if he did talk to ML after the game. Anyway even if he didnt at that point LGL always has a small talk with his players after a big loss in tournaments. I dont thinkg LGL favors specific players, he just let them fight to the death :p

That's what I was wondering when watching the live stream. He shouldn't favor any player but when the final had ended he went to ZJK and whispered something to him and then just went to ML and clapped him quickly as a comfort and went away. Then a few mins later when ZJK was about to move to the award ceremony LGL was again talking quite intensively to ZJK about something. I'm quite sure that they talked about the celebration. This 45 000 dollar fine might have been compromised between ITTF and Chinese Table Tennis Federation. I'm sure CTTF didn't see the celebration as a good thing for the sport so it could have been a good compromise to make ZJK lose his prize money and apologize what happened, who knows..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Zjk earned that price rightfully given to him! For those of you who say that it should not be given to him as price well its a clear violation of the rule..
Sanction or suspension or fine is right as a disiplinary action.. the decision of ittf as a body not awarding the price to the champ is completely rubbish

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

says Aging is a killer
Who said that?????

For any of the many ZJK fanboys saying that there is absolutely nothing wrong with breaking barriers after a match... .

Talk about overeaction. What about yours? Name the posters that said this. Come on...name them.

Last edited:
This user has no status.

There should be a fine, in the worst case a ban for two tournaments would be enough in my estimation.
You said he is arrogant. I wouldn't say he is arrogant but controversial.
If I had to name a sports-personality from a different sport I have to take Allen Iverson, who had a lot of critics, but in the end, when it mattered he showed his skills at the biggest stage like ZJK does.
And every sport needs their "Enfant terribles", if it hasn't, people won't watch that certain sport. Or why do you think F1 became so popular. Because Senna and Prost, who had two completely different types of character, would go at each other all the time.

Reactions: delirious
says So many upsets lately
says So many upsets lately
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
On the funny side:

Picture by facebook profile: MrThePortal

attachment.php

Attachments

• special.jpg
    special.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 304