Zhang Jike fined 45.000 euros!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
ZJK probably would have lost his prize money anyway...

That's what I was wondering when watching the live stream. He shouldn't favor any player but when the final had ended he went to ZJK and whispered something to him and then just went to ML and clapped him quickly as a comfort and went away. Then a few mins later when ZJK was about to move to the award ceremony LGL was again talking quite intensively to ZJK about something. I'm quite sure that they talked about the celebration. This 45 000 dollar fine might have been compromised between ITTF and Chinese Table Tennis Federation. I'm sure CTTF didn't see the celebration as a good thing for the sport so it could have been a good compromise to make ZJK lose his prize money and apologize what happened, who knows..

I am originally from China and I suspect that actually the idea of giving up 45,000 Euros could possibly have come from Liu Guoliang and ZJK would have agreed because actually if ITTF didn't take the prize money away probably the CNT would have, China is all about public image and well ZJK really did a poor job there. This way Liu Guoliang will find a way to calm things down and it will be work out better long term for ZJK. As I remarked before 45,000 euros is already way over the top, I hope CNT doesn't impose more hefty penalties and importantly ZJK has also learned his lesson.

Reactions: Pongfinity
says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
I am originally from China and I suspect that actually the idea of giving up 45,000 Euros could possibly have come from Liu Guoliang and ZJK would have agreed because actually if ITTF didn't take the prize money away probably the CNT would have, China is all about public image and well ZJK really did a poor job there. This way Liu Guoliang will find a way to calm things down and it will be work out better long term for ZJK. As I remarked before 45,000 euros is already way over the top, I hope CNT doesn't impose more hefty penalties and importantly ZJK has also learned his lesson.

Yep, I agree. I'm quite sure LGL was proposing and making the decision about the fine.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The problem is that their has been no transparency or signs of due process, and if it was LGL that was behind this, things are even worse than I thought.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
On the funny side:

attachment.php

Credit please.... ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
The ITTF facebook profile just put a picture with Zhang Jike furthering his apology: "No matter what kind of honour I won today, I didn't handle my celebration with calmness and rationality. For a long time, I have been withstanding a lot of pressure but I shouldn't bring such mood into the arena. I didn't consider the impact on the team and the event itself. I apologise to everyone."

Reactions: TableTennisNerd
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
http://www.ttbl.de/news_ro_ss_kopf___1_000_dollar_strafe...

"I find it quite ridiculous to emphasize his $ 45,000, to be honest. Zhang Jike stood before the tournament under an inhuman pressure. He is the Olympic champion and world champion and was one of his public head coach in view of the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016. He has won at the weekend against Timo Boll in its home country and in the final against the current world's best player Ma Long. As a reaction you need to understand so times. We're not playing tennis or in Formula 1, where one can impose huge penalty totals. $ 1,000 fine because it would have certainly done well."

- Jörg Rosskopf

Reactions: Michal_Z and Rajah*
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
http://www.ttbl.de/news_ro_ss_kopf___1_000_dollar_strafe...

"I find it quite ridiculous to emphasize his $ 45,000, to be honest. Zhang Jike stood before the tournament under an inhuman pressure. He is the Olympic champion and world champion and was one of his public head coach in view of the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016. He has won at the weekend against Timo Boll in its home country and in the final against the current world's best player Ma Long. As a reaction you need to understand so times. We're not playing tennis or in Formula 1, where one can impose huge penalty totals. $ 1,000 fine because it would have certainly done well."

- Jörg Rosskopf
+1 verywell said

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
Heres what ma long said in weibo
After the match, more interesting things happen when Zhang Jike started to kick the surrounds of the arena, dubbing his celebration as destructive. With this, Ma Long said:*"Zhang Jike's personality is very strong thus such kind of release after the match. I hope everyone will see it properly."

...Rajd...

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Major newspapers and news websites have been creating and publishing articles making this Zhang Jike fine incident viral around the world.

Yesterday TableTennisDaily uploaded the vine below, which many publishers have shared. The video currently at 380,000 views and counting!

I think this is the most viewed table tennis vine ever!

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OhLFqH5uEpm/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You can see the vine has been shared on these websites:

USA today - http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/chinese-table-tennis-zhang-jike-fine-celebration
Independent - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-after-overexuberant-celebration-9823488.html