Who do you think will win the Germany Open 2014 - ITTF World Tour?

• Wang Hao

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Koki Niwa

• Marcos Freitas

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Tang Peng

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Kim Min Seok

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Yesssssssssss Wang Hao is out, so that means definitely no chinese winner in the final !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For once it will be interesting wooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Stefen Mengel.. WOW.. i imagine how he feels after beating Wang Hao in tough 7 sets. After such match he feel ball so go and have so much believe in himself, no wonder why he crushed Choe Enroe 4:0. Now it is question will he be able to hold that spirit till the end?..

P.S. Damn Mengel - like others I lost oppurtunity to win couple of rubbers :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I think that Liu Guoliang is very dissapointed with this kind of performance by Wang Hao. Especially now he is selected for the WTTC 2014.

Wanghao was by far the best player in the match against Steffen Mengel. He should have won the match. Somehow he did not finish the job. Congrats to Mengel, but technically there is much to improve.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Seeing all the top CNT players training for the upcoming WTTTC, wonder why LGL sent WH to German alone with a bunch of new kids and got eliminated. Prepare him for his future career as a coach leading the pact of next generation may be. At least they got a surprise win against the favourite Taipei pair in double (Paris WTTC winner). WH should not be blamed for next to no support.

I think German should send Mengel to WTTTC (is it too late to change?). His god-like performance yesterday is good enough to challenge any top Chinese. But I bet China will study his game thoroughly and won't repeat their mistake twice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Great matches for both the women's and men's

Shan Xiaona has attacked her way against defenders while Seo Hyowon has defended her way against attackers!

The Mizutani-Ovtcharov will serve as a foreshadowing for #Tokyo2014. Ovtcharov with homecourt advantage reminds us of Dortmund 2012!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I am loving this tournament! It is great to see other players push into the semi finals giving great games making it tense for the spectators! Mengal and Apolonia have been superb, I hope we start seeing these two taking the top guys close and winning consistently in the near future. This is what TT needs, lots of variety. Mizutani vs Ovtcharov, I really have no idea who will win this one!

Reactions: Rajah* and ping fun

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dima defeated Mizutani 4:0 last time. But Jun played well in semi-final. I hope it will be a good match whatever the result will be!

Mizutani is looking very quick and strong here! His forehand has improved and he is being more aggressive with it I think.