Liu Guoliang will step down and be replaced as Chinese Men's Team Coach!

Who do you think will be the new China Head Coach?

• Ma Lin

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
What I find most interesting is that Zhang Jike's coach is now on the Women's team. Who is he working with there?

Yeah... to replace Yan Sen who is back to the B-Team (punishment for ZYL bad results..?? :eek:)

It would be very great if someone knew and could post which players for each coach..!! :D:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Don't tell me , Zhang Jike going to play for the women's team now ?
Yeah... to replace Yan Sen who is back to the B-Team (punishment for ZYL bad results..?? :eek:)

It would be very great if someone knew and could post which players for each coach..!! :D:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Ya , I know people are saying that this is all expected , but looking at the line up , if this is indeed the final one, this looks like quite a reshuffle .. .or may be I am not aware that these kind of reshuffles are common ...
LGL's best April Fool's joke ever!

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Ya , I know people are saying that this is all expected , but looking at the line up , if this is indeed the final one, this looks like quite a reshuffle .. .or may be I am not aware that these kind of reshuffles are common ...

Expected as in what they get is what they applied for. Many positions has only one candidate for one post so it is unexpected if they don't get it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Okay I get that part Turbo , but putting Zhang Jike's coach in womens team and pushing current women's A team coach to B team is unheard of , atleast from what little I have seen since I have followed the chinese team
Expected as in what they get is what they applied for. Many positions has only one candidate for one post so it is unexpected if they don't get it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Coach Xiao Zhan has posted in his weibo : From 2002 with passion and ideals as the men's team coach until today's male team coach, a full 15 years, pain and happy! Thanks to the team members, and today my pride and pride are from you! New job, new challenge! Face the future! my heart Will Go On! [FONT=新細明體]

[/FONT]
Zhang jike has posted in reply : proud of you . I am pleased that in my career i met a coach like you . I hope you create a greater glory in your new job ! I believe that you will bring out a grand slam in women team as in men team ( A grand slam will born in future by you ) all smoth xiao zhan !! ( A TRANSLATE BY GOOGLE AND ME ;) ).

6797b47bgy1fed9ofmoutj20jz0zkdjo.jpg

Fang bo's reply : we were together for 8 years now went to the women team . I feel lonely that can not be said .

In addition since the moment the news of xiao zhan's moving to women team has came out , fans are posting zjk ans xz photos mostly . I don't know what strategy is behind this moving but its so difficult for xiao zhan's players . maybe women team really needed a mighty coach due to some players weak performance .... . good luck to coach xiao :eek:

006pdQ8ygy1feds26offzj33us2ki4qu.jpg
006pdQ8ygy1feds1ubfs7j33m32eq7wl.jpg
89069819ly1fee4kipv36j21om280kjr.jpg
vOi9-fyecrxv3698660.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
That would be very weird , why would they demote somebody who has produced a grand slam champion , also recent international performance of Fang Bo was very good ... he did falter in the recent trials ...
I think it would be a case of KLH wanting a stronger coach to run things in women's team with the potential of handing the head coach role over to him in the near future as he moves up ...

Again , this is all pure guesswork based on recent developments
Is it possible that xz is actually demoted ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Check out this piece of news about Xiao Zhan's new job.
http://sport.qq.com/a/20170406/047802.htm
Xiao Zhan had applied for women's coach position after 2012 London Olympic Games, but was persuaded not doing so and continuing to coach Zhang Jike by the coach team.
Kong Linghui said Xiao Zhan will bring in new ideas from men's techniques and help to develop the masculinization of women's techniques. When asked if Xiao Zhan will coach Liu Shiwen, Kong said the assignments of the coaches are not decided yet. The decisions will be made in the closed training session after ATTC.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Plus, Xiao Zhan was Chen Jing's coach when Chen Jing made to the final of women's singles in 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games, representing Chinese Taipei.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
One of the many photos of jike and xiao zhan heading to wuxi

photo_2017-04-08_07-05-01.jpg

I guess xiao zhan will guide zhang jike in asian championship . As i read Rein's shared news above if i'm not mistaken he will be in zjk's rehabilitation program too .
And I found this news too . you can read it in google chrome http://sports.sina.com.cn/zz/2017-04-07/doc-ifyecfnu7611551.shtml it tells other reasons of Xiao zhan's moving

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
It was always amazing to see the multi ball drills zjk used to have with xz. Will be interesting to see what impact it will have on Zjk's game.

The news article points out that ZJK being at the last stage of his career does not need any tactical/techinal improvements but more injury management. All good, till you realize XZ will coach LSW who by the way is also in her last stage of career. Something feels strange here.

Last edited:
Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
It was always amazing to see the multi ball drills zjk used to have with xz. Will be interesting to see what impact it will have on Zjk's game.

The news article points out that ZJK being at the last stage of his career does not need any tactical/techinal improvements but more injury management. All good, till you realize XZ will coach LSW who by the way is also in her last stage of career. Something feels strange here.

What is so strange? It smells CNT politics to me, what other reason could it be that the most succesfull coach among the coaches under LGL goes to women's team. We will never know actually , maybe very few coaches prefer to coach women rather than men so someone must do it eventually

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
It could be , he could have been vying for the head coach's role in the Men's team and now with the elevation of Qin , he thinks he has a better chance in the Women's team to become the head coach ... after all his protege did become a grand slam champion before Ma Long in spite of all the obstacles ...so he might have thought he deserved it more .
What is so strange? It smells CNT politics to me, what other reason could it be that the most succesfull coach among the coaches under LGL goes to women's team. We will never know actually , maybe very few coaches prefer to coach women rather than men so someone must do it eventually

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Xiao Zhan is the most successful coach under LGL? If coaching Grand Slams are the only standard for success, after 2016 Rio, Xiao Zhan is not the only one who coaches a Grand Slam in men's team (In women's team, Li Sun had Zhang Yining and Li Xiaoxia, Chen Bin has Ding Ning). If all major tournaments are considered, what about Wu Jingping (Man Lin, Wang Hao and Fan Zhendong's coach when they won singles titles in WTTC or OG or World Cup), what about Qian Zhijian (Ma Long, and Xu Xin's coach when XX won World Cup). Xiao Zhan is a great coach which I pointed out the fact above that he once helped Chen Jing to win an OG silver in 1996, 8 years after her OG gold in 1988, although he is best known to be the coach of Zhang Jike.