• Other (Post below)

Votes: 9 3.8%

• Total voters
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wang Hao: A few months ago he gained what looked to be about 30 lbs. When he is that heavy he cannot move the way he needs to against top players. The last footage I saw of him he had taken off about half the weight but was still not moving well and was not playing up to par. If he does not get all the way down to fight weight, he is in trouble and could get knocked out early.

Timo, I am hoping but, in the Japan Open he was not ready for tournament play. He has only played 1 or 2 tournaments in 2012. I am still hoping but it is hard to play well at that level of competition when you have not been in the real pressure of tournament play for that long. Hence, in the Japan Open he got knocked out in a very early round.

Jun, I am still hoping, but his style of lobbing does not work against the Chinese attack and Wang Hao and Zhang Jike will probably take care of him, but I can hope anyway.

Ovtcharov: he might have the best chance, realistically, of all the European players this year. I can be skeptical and still hope. He is the best chance of all the dark horse players who qualified for the show.

Michael Maze: still my favorite dark horse. I love the way he plays. What I said about Timo sort of applies here. These two have not played enough top flight tournaments to have a real shot. So Maze's chances are only slightly more than none, but I will be rooting for him all the way.

So Maze, Timo, Ovtcharov, Jun, lets go, you can do it. Go for the GOLD. :)

Reactions: LethalForehand
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I cant understand, why there isen´t more people there are voting on Jun Mizutani or Joo Se Hyuk?, I ditten ether, but still.
I voted joo, but the fact is that he won't win if he plays a Chinese- they read his game too well now, so if he is to win then all the results will have to go his way. He will also have to avoid samsonov, because he has massive struggles with him.
Jun...well, I just don't see it happening to be honest- he is fairly consistent with his results, but I can't remember the last time e beat a player in the top 10 (excluding chuabg chih yuan and Wang liqin, if Es ever beaten Wang)
I want joo to win! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
found a site that is covering table tennis odds at Olympics here I fancy Wang Hao personally certainly looks like he could come away with the gold in my eyes, although favourite is Jike

This user has no status.
I voted joo, but the fact is that he won't win if he plays a Chinese- they read his game too well now, so if he is to win then all the results will have to go his way. He will also have to avoid samsonov, because he has massive struggles with him.
Jun...well, I just don't see it happening to be honest- he is fairly consistent with his results, but I can't remember the last time e beat a player in the top 10 (excluding chuabg chih yuan and Wang liqin, if Es ever beaten Wang)
I want joo to win! :)

yes that i can understand, but I think the same would happen with timo, he is good, but to be honest there arent so many of the Chinese that he have a chance agent if he met one of them:p

This user has no status.
Just landed at Heathrow tonight at 6.30 - on the way back from Sweden. defo sure we saw the CNT queuing at customs, all in their red tracky tops, China on the back and golden dragon on the front.

Couldn't get photos at customs for various security reasons but Mrs thinks she got some at the baggage reclaim.

Dc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Just landed at Heathrow tonight at 6.30 - on the way back from Sweden. defo sure we saw the CNT queuing at customs, all in their red tracky tops, China on the back and golden dragon on the front.

Couldn't get photos at customs for various security reasons but Mrs thinks she got some at the baggage reclaim.

Dc

Wow awesome! It was most likely them! :) try upload the pics for us! :) will you be watching any of the events?

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Will do. As soon as the Mrs finishes with the camera.

Who is in the Swedish team???

Had three blokes and three maybe four women in their Swedish Olympic kit on the plane with us too. Kit was Li-Ning, but that doesn't necessarily mean tt.

Steve

I think the Swedish team is sponsored by Stiga, not Li-Ning :O

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
Last edited:
Reactions: WiWa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Ok had a think about joo's draw...
not too bad, but he will have to play amazing to beat ZJk in qfs- one thing I think joo will have in his favour is thy zhang lost to hi last time and this time he may be a little too aggressive or something to try and blow joo put of the water- his lack of experience might show- I hope so then joo can win! ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
Short interview with Michael Maze:​
Michael MAZE (DEN): "My father was British and my mother was Danish"

On the draw for the men's singles: "I think the draw is ok, could have been better, could have been worse. My first match will be very tough against (Kalinikos) KREANGA (GRE). Normally, I would lose to him as I have the last four times, but because it's the Olympics maybe I will beat him."

On his knee injury that kept him out of action for a year and his current fitness: “I have no pain in the knee. I'm in physically quite good shape. I haven't had many matches in the last three months but I've found other ways to train. I have to do more physically, especially to keep my knee strong. I’m fit and ready for the Games and looking forward to getting started.”

On his prediction for the men's singles: "I've had a feeling for a long time that it won't be Chinese finalists. They are only two here (ZHANG Jike and WANG Hao, CHN) and they're under huge pressure.

On playing his first match of the tournament in the third round as the Olympic format means the top 16 players sit out the first three rounds (preliminary, first, second):
"You start in the third round and it's not normal to have a strong opponent from the first match."

On the elaborate tatoo on his left arm, featuring a ring and the British and Danish flags:
"These are the things you do when you are out injured for a long time. My father was British and my mother was Danish. When my father died, I got his ring. But I lost it. Now I have it on my arm so I'll never lose it."
Source/more: http://www.ittf.com/media/OG2012/NEWS ITTF/og2012_quotes_01.htm

Several players seem to think that the Chinese won't win the Men's Singles Gold medal...