Offensive but controllable blade suggestion

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Hello All,

I have been playing with 5 Ply all wood blade till now. I have very less experience playing in carbon blades and I want to upgrade to a 7 ply carbon blade which will be offensive but controllable from short to mid distance. I am confused between below two blade according to my budget.

1. JOOLA Aruna OFF
2. TIBHAR SAMSONOV Status Carbon.

Please provide which will be more suitable and pros-cons of these two blades.

--
Abhi

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Everything you say sounds like my newest favorite blade I'm currently playing with.

Gambler Fire Dragon Touch.

7 ply
5 wood, 2 carbon
(off) speed

Very controlled. Lots of gears. Can play the slow shots or the fast ones when you want them.

I'd go that.

Note: This link is the shakehand version. I have the penhold version.

https://www.zeropong.com/gambler-specials-c-118/gambler-special-combo-fire-dragon-touch-p-424

I love mine.

PS
Not sure if Zeropong ships outside of the US. maybe they do. IDK.

So you might have to go to Gambler's site if they don't.

http://www.gamblertt.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWell
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I recommend non of them but Xiom Vega Euro, Great blade with a good balance of speed and control.

Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
frankly speaking Xiom Vega EURO is out of my budget and gambler blades are not available in my country. Can you please suggest other blades in the mentioned blades price category.

How about DHS fang Bo carbon blade?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I am curently using DHS Fang Bo carbon.
It is a very good blade with enough speed and good control, I really like the woody feel of it.
I have been playing with Butterfly ALC blades (Spirit, Timu ALC and Viscaria) for a long time but for now i prefer inner carbon blades such as Innerforce ALC and ZLC and HL5 and FB2 cuz they offer better woody feellings.
Considering the price Fang bo carbon is a very good choice and if you can get along with the weight and head heaviness it will be a great choice.
I also recommend Yasaka Malin Carbon, It is a good inner carbon blade with a very good price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I am curently using DHS Fang Bo carbon.
It is a very good blade with enough speed and good control, I really like the woody feel of it.
I have been playing with Butterfly ALC blades (Spirit, Timu ALC and Viscaria) for a long time but for now i prefer inner carbon blades such as Innerforce ALC and ZLC and HL5 and FB2 cuz they offer better woody feellings.
Considering the price Fang bo carbon is a very good choice and if you can get along with the weight and head heaviness it will be a great choice.
I also recommend Yasaka Malin Carbon, It is a good inner carbon blade with a very good price.

How is the speed of the Fang Bo Carbon vs Viscaria? I really liked the Viscaria overall but my short game suffered from its bounciness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Abhi, there's a giveaway going on topspin.in where if you buy a Sanwei ABS ball pack, you get a chance to win a Sanwei Fextra. I'm assuming you live in India, since your name is Abhi. Entries close on 30th November. That means that's the last date to order the Sanwei balls to get an entry in the giveaway. You could try your luck to get a free blade. All the best. I have done it too

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Why not a 7 ply all wood blde instead like xiom solo, clipper wood or sanwei fextra.

Basically what yogi said. If you like heavier (> 88g) blades in the first place, 7-ply wood is just excellent. I love clipper to death and this is coming from a guy who's been going around using high-end BTY carbon blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
How is the speed of the Fang Bo Carbon vs Viscaria? I really liked the Viscaria overall but my short game suffered from its bounciness.

Viscaria is more speedy and less controllable, and the feeling is very deferent . I cant play with viscaria anymore after getting used to feeling of all wood and inner carbon blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Abhi, there's a giveaway going on topspin.in where if you buy a Sanwei ABS ball pack, you get a chance to win a Sanwei Fextra. I'm assuming you live in India, since your name is Abhi. Entries close on 30th November. That means that's the last date to order the Sanwei balls to get an entry in the giveaway. You could try your luck to get a free blade. All the best. I have done it too

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Hmm, that sounds like a low value proposition considering you can just get it for US$22.95 on aliexpress!

Last edited:
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
frankly speaking Xiom Vega EURO is out of my budget and gambler blades are not available in my country.

If you are based in India - you can buy Gambler blades from ZEROpong.
I would recommend the Gambler Dragon Touch for you with Vega Pro rubbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk