Who do you think will win the Qatar Open 2018?

• Fan Zhendong

Votes: 51 67.1%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Simon Gauzy

• Tomokazu Harimoto

• Marcos Freitas

• Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
In terms of matchups, Lin seemed vunerable with Hugo in such form with his particular style. Lin wants to rally and starts points relatively softly, Hugo dominated him with early pressure and incredible shot strength. Lin made some awful service returns as well though.

FZD is a different type of challenge though. Probably see a lot of massive misses in the final. Both players are "risky" shot takers. Finding a rhythm that works as quickly as possible will be so important for both. Fan's dropped quite a few first sets recently so there is some hope.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Still, as Atas pointed out that's three top 15 players in a row he's made to look like Sunday league club players (exaggerating for emphasis... and because I'm still on a high), and even in that kind of field these weren't the ones you'd most want to face.

I'm not saying the same will happen tomorrow (I have no clue at this point, although I just can't wait), but it didn't just come down to individual styles. I really, really hope he can keep this going because that's quite something to watch. Those backhands!!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Tomorrow is the real deal for Hugo, based in previous (2 or 3) matches, and obviously FZD status, Hugo doesn't stand a chance, but come on, would be real nice a 7 games match with FZD winning. But I dare to say would be f***** awesome if Hugo beats FZD. He'd be the new Hirano with a immense picture of him showing in the wall LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Ioiettino
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I already rewatch review of his rubbers and going to get the 47 degre version..... Impressive. :)
But really he has his lucky day....we will see tomorrow... But still im getting the rubber..... Anyway not easy to buy....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hugo is going to win 4:2 or even 4:1. It is not only his impoved skills regarding serve, receive, power but mostly selfconfidence. If you watch his match against LGY there was no hesitation no fear and no mercy. LGY just could not keep up and seemed to be wondering how it is possible I cannot win single point.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Where is my champagne
FZD is sick
buy a round for Fang Bo
hugo will beat Fan
Wait, let's not wish him ill either. FZD is a fantastic guy, and we need contenders to challenge the CNT and push them even further - not to fuel some sort of schadenfreude on the day of their demise (not there yet by any means, likely not even close), or whatever it is.
They're both what we need for the sport to keep growing: fast, athletic (Calderano has the body shape of a tennis player), powerful, and from different continents. Anybody could watch this and have fun.

I'm really excited for tomorrow, I hope we're not all building the hype too quickly.

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
LGY never ever was a great player in CNT . He had couple of critic losing vs his rivals . So it wasnt a surprise to see hugo win this match . Hugo is in a great form . China nvr can rely on him .
Hmmm. LGY was the one of top performer during the Chinese superleague, or do you mean he didn't play well against foreign players ?

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hugo played unbelievably well. Flick down the lines a few times, change speed during the games, counter LGY attack...

And his serve is so deceptive, LGY just can't return it well.

Very surprised, not the score itself but the way the game was played. Normally LGY is the fastest one but Hugo managed to always get into perfect position and play the perfect shot.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Newspaper here a little late saying CALDERANO is on finals of a stage of world cup [emoji23]

Glad they at least noticed

c259c14806f1f34c16fef8231671b419.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
In terms of matchups, Lin seemed vunerable with Hugo in such form with his particular style. Lin wants to rally and starts points relatively softly, Hugo dominated him with early pressure and incredible shot strength. Lin made some awful service returns as well though.

FZD is a different type of challenge though. Probably see a lot of massive misses in the final. Both players are "risky" shot takers. Finding a rhythm that works as quickly as possible will be so important for both. Fan's dropped quite a few first sets recently so there is some hope.

FZD is the most consistent power player in the world. The question is whether Calderano can take it as well as he gives it as he has been beating the spinners so far.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
LGY never ever was a great player in CNT . He had couple of critic losing vs his rivals . So it wasnt a surprise to see hugo win this match . Hugo is in a great form . China nvr can rely on him .
Don't forget, Lin Gao Yuan is # 3 in China, with a record of 22 wins, 5 losses this past season. Saying China can never rely on him is stretching it way beyond reality. China is just starting to use him while players like Zhang Jike are in (or hopefully only have been) in decline.

( Ma Long is #1 at 24w, 5 l; Fan Zhendong is #2 at 23 w, 6 l; Liang JingKun is #4 at 19w, 8 l; Fang Bo is #5 at 19w, 9l)

Last edited: