What’s a blade or rubber you keep coming back to?

says On a never ending EJ journey
says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
After trying (and will continue) lots of blades and rubbers, I always go back to the W968. This is even after a period of using Viscaria for a year. There’s just nothing else that compares to it. The immense control and monster FH suit my game so well that nothing else feels as comfortable. The whip-like effect of each hit and the subsequent second bounce acceleration feel so satisfying.

Don’t have as much a preference for rubbers. Although I tend to stick with H3N BS, D09C, and O7P. I’m sure some of you will probably say Tenergy 05, but I could never control that thing.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I keep on going back to H3 on my forehand (and now TG3 or TG2 since they stop making H3 tacky tacky). I have cheated on H3 with Sanwei National Target, Big Dipper black 40 degree, Tibhar K1 European version, Tibhar K2. But those are just flings. They are not for me long-term.

Backhand, I used to play C-1 on wood blade. I upgrade to G-1 and had G-1 on a wood blade for 4 years. Great! Now I switched to carbon blade, I have to circle back to C-1 and Rakza 7 soft. Great feeling. Awesome control. I cannot loop backhand with G-1 on a relatively fast carbon blade.

You are not missing out on not having Tenergy. The Tenergy series is hard to tame. I don't use Tenergy.

As for blades, it used to be Tibhar Stratus Power Wood. Now it is Gambler Blackout carbon blade. I have experimented with various blades from Gambler, Tibhar and Aliexpress (like the various clones). I feel that Blackout has the speed I need but not too fast. I am still digesting my most recent blade purchases from Aliexpress. I will make a post about it when the time comes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
I seem to always come back to buying a sheet of Fastarc G1 for my forehand despite how great something else feels for a while. I probably should play with it, but for some reason my brain has it classified as the most boring option on the planet.

Skyline TG2 Prov blue sponge.

I can generate insane topspins that are hard for even higher level players than me to block, and my pushes and services are quite spinny because this rubber.

I have a big swing and hit quite powerfully, and as a penholder, I think that this is the right rubber for me.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp

Ian

This user has no status.

Ian

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Skyline TG2 Prov blue sponge.

I can generate insane topspins that are hard for even higher level players than me to block, and my pushes and services are quite spinny because this rubber.

I have a big swing and hit quite powerfully, and as a penholder, I think that this is the right rubber for me.
I'm interested in trying such a spinny rubber. Could you provide a link to where I could buy it?

I'm interested in trying such a spinny rubber. Could you provide a link to where I could buy it?
In my opinion it's more spinny than h3, but h3 is still very spinny as well.
Be aware- tg2 requires more physical effort to use than h3. I use it boosted, ofc

I'm pretty sure the only place to buy it is aliexpress

This is where i bought it

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Once I tried the Donic Baracuda, which I have found quite comfortable to use. But after a while I returned to the Tenergy 19, the one I had been using when I decided to switch the Baracuda. I have ultimately left Tenergy for being too pricey, too bouncy and not really durable.

This user has no status.
Back to this topic since long time.

Now i am in love with Nittaku Hammond Z2 rubber, i bought several, this with G-1 too, but i try to love H3 rubber too, the first ever one i had before and it was stolen was like the best rubber in the world i played with, but i could never tell which version it was because i bought it used from a coach and it was already cut, and he also didn't know which version, but it was catchy as someone said, which i believe he means tacky, and it was nice fast, while all other H3 rubbers i bought including one Prov BS wasn't in same league, now i bought a National version and i want to see how it is, that stolen H3 rubber was an orange sponge, and the control and spin with it is out of world.

I saw an expensive but affordable 968 version, i hope it is a good original one at that price, otherwise it will be a big waste, and it will be my last addition, as i won't buy anything except selling my existing ones first and replace, but nothing as new option after W968 if i get it.