The Advanced Response Blade - The Future of Table Tennis Now! - by Anthony.R.Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
you just can´t let it be, Sherlock .... and stupid me even tried to defend that dumbazz attitude! Just hold on to your bad self with all your playa hating and keep on spreading your hate posts whenever someone has a different opinion than you.
[Emoji23]

You really think your´re the shyt, don´t ya?
Funny that there are way better players than you without revealing their attitude issues every five minutes
Acknowledged.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
you just can´t let it be, Sherlock .... and stupid me even tried to defend that dumbazz attitude! Just hold on to your bad self with all your playa hating and keep on spreading your hate posts whenever someone has a different opinion than you.
[Emoji23]

You really think your´re the shyt, don´t ya?
Funny that there are way better players than you without revealing their attitude issues every five minutes

Personal attacks after a joke. Come on Suga, we are all friends here. This is why we are able to debate things, make jokes about things and not take it too personally.

I get you wear your heart on your sleeve and have some good strong opinions. I feel it is better that you have them. But I know you can express your opinions more meaningfully than this.

Nobody is out to get you.

Relax. This is an Internet forum.

I am sorry if I pushed hard and put you on the spot. We do that to each other as friends. Fight well. Fight hard. Addess the issues. No need to make this personal.

Peace.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I don't know what is going on here , I did not check the forum for a day and it seems things have gone complete haywire. But reading from the whatever posts I had the patience to read , guys the only solution to this is to lock yourselves in room with a table tennis table and play till you are exhausted. My only take in this whole thing is that most of us are not getting enough table tennis and the excess energy is causing ruckus in table tennis daily

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I don't know what is going on here , I did not check the forum for a day and it seems things have gone complete haywire. But reading from the whatever posts I had the patience to read , guys the only solution to this is to lock yourselves in room with a table tennis table and play till you are exhausted. My only take in this whole thing is that most of us are not getting enough table tennis and the excess energy is causing ruckus in table tennis daily

That's why I am in good spirits - I still play. Watch this match - this guy is rated in the 1800s in the league... I am down 9-4 in the 5th... but some amazing things happen.... I give you the match at 2-2, 10-9 in the 5th...

youtu.be/kC0uskwi2Z4?t=912

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I can't think of a better use for this thread. Or would you really want it to go back to the original subject.
No, but a new thread might have been worth it IMO. But I felt you've resurrected this thread to discuss this without inflating EmRat's thread unnecessarily, so i kinda felt invited here. And actually i was thinking of this thread when someone has posted that funny looking blade in the Chit Chat thread too.
But here is clearly a place we disagree. As a moderator, if I see something that makes me question the motives of a poster, and if that poster is presenting coaching while blatantly hiding their identity and credentials, I do actually have, In My Opinion, not just a right but an obligation to explore that issue. You can disagree with me. But I didn't let him know I would like to see footage of him playing or coaching because "my friends" had said that. My post was certainly not motivated by Archo's. in fact, when I posted I kind of wished he had not. It made my job much harder that he did.

But EmRat flat out lying when he answered one of my questions definitely gave me all the reason I need to decide that the subject of the thread was actually Internet Anonymity and his clear and purposeful hiding of his identity while posting information undoubtedly plagiarized from multiple sources.

But I am not just a moderator, I am also human and I am a content contributor to this site. I am allowed to have my own view of my role as a contributor and also as a moderator. You can explain what you feel my role is. And I can read your opinion and assess whether I agree or not. Here I have explained why I disagree with you as to my role and as to why I feel the subject was rightly shifted to the subject of a person posting coaching advice while going out of his way to hide his credentials and his identity.

His videos cause this subject to come up all by themselves. He presents a mix of good information on TT with information about Chinese coaching vs western coaching that is dubious at best. And the fact that this really could be a person who does not play TT at all, cherry picking information off the internet and rebranding it without any reference his sources except that it is Chinese coaching and that the west doesn't know the information, to me makes it my business who EmRatThich really is.

If you disagree with my perspective you can say, "hey, Carl, I disagree that he should show some form or credentials and here is why...." Or, "Carl, please don't change the subject from the content of the video, to, your questions about who EmRatThich really is...." And I could have explained why I feel who he is actually is relevant. Which in fact I have already several times.

So, if you do have a valid reason for why a YouTuber presenting video coaching should be able to post on the forum while going out of his way to hide his identity while plagiarizing information from real coaches and not attributing any of it to anyone in particular, I am happy to listen.

BTW in my opinion, this video you presented is much better than anything I have seen from EmRat:

Well, my point is that bringing in your personal opinion is totally fine, since objectivity is mostly just an illusion 'cause it's a known fact that people always bring in personal experiences, personal values, and other things but one doesn't have to try to convince others that seem to see things differently and declaring people that seem to get some value out of EmRat's vids as sock puppets is just plain wrong and repeating the personal opinion whenever someone else has a different view doesn't make it right. I would say most people understood those points in the couple of first posts already.
You've made your point clear which is fine, but repeating this as a mod IMO your words might have a different weight to some than for instance Musaab's words which could be considered as a misuse of power, but maybe you haven't seen it this way yet, but that's just my personal opinion.

Now back to the subject. Certainly you guys could be right, and many things point that way that the whole channel is just a clickbait, but as long as no one got hurt or ripped off and some people get value out of it it's totally unnecessary to judge on that behaviour IMO.
It's not the first time i say this, but really not everyone feels comfortable in front of a camera.
Even if he's not such a good player as others, some tips don't seem to be that wrong at all.
You know for yourself that there are guys who are playing really good but can't explain things very good and then there are guys that are not as good as others but can explain excellently what's happening.

I think by now EmRat must have read at least one of the personal video requests, so if he just doesn't want to expose himself, i would say that's not very much of our business anymore, especially when people say they like those vids there's absolutely no need to try to convince them otherwise.

But all this is certainly just my personal opinion and hey: thank you for giving credit to the vid. I'll pass it on to 3T-Tabletennis.
All the time i felt that i gave you guys credit for your valid points although i was thinking differently and even been admitting that but haven't seen a lot in return which came a bit across as unfailable.
So thanks for the credit for the vid.

And you're right: personal attacks aren't necessary at all. It really might have gone a bit out of hands.

We must all post like SugaD, never asking questions that show out intelligence... or post the question once and when we get a fishy answer, just hold our peace and not ask why the fishy answer was given...

So that would mean you think my posts never show out intelligence?
[Emoji2]
And this hasn't been a personal attack?
You really expect to not to defend myself?
Gloves were off from that point on, mate. But like Pac: I ain't mad at'cha
[Emoji2]

Personal attacks after a joke. Come on Suga, we are all friends here. This is why we are able to debate things, make jokes about things and not take it too personally.

I get you wear your heart on your sleeve and have some good strong opinions. I feel it is better that you have them. But I know you can express your opinions more meaningfully than this.

Nobody is out to get you.

Relax. This is an Internet forum.

I am sorry if I pushed hard and put you on the spot. We do that to each other as friends. Fight well. Fight hard. Address the issues. No need to make this personal.

Peace.

Absolutely. I'm sorry if things got out of hand, and probably TTMonster's right: i couldn't play for two whole days. I think my blood pressure has been suffering from since then.
So after all i just have to agree to this.

Peace, Buddy.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
...and hey: thank you for giving credit to the vid. I'll pass it on to 3T-Tabletennis.

Good stuff. Can I actually ask you if you would make a thread with a bunch of videos from 3T-Tabletennis that you feel are good.

You know I love that kind of stuff. And those videos of the German team were awesome and gave me a whole bunch of new material to throw into my off-table workouts making it so I could have more things to mix in and breathe some new life into the routines.

The idea of mixing off table workout with on table workout like in the 3T vid looks like it would be a lot of fun and sure would help with power at the end of a rally when you are winded. Thanks.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
That's a good idea. I'll ask them. Actually they are quite nice guys. I believe if you'd have any special requests what you want to work on, they might make a video containing what you want.
We can ask them in their thread:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?10260-Training-videos&

Carl, you're a good guy and i don't think NL's a bad one too, so ttmonster is probably more than right, that we should play this out one day...
[Emoji2]

I hope you haven't got me wrong. It's good you're a mod. I couldn't think of a better one. I wasn't criticizing your function but rather tried to explain to be aware how some things might have come across. But in fact I really haven't been doing better by repeating my position so often.
Stay so, my friend.
Thanks a lot for being who you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Oh, funny me. I don't think I've ever been on this thread. That should be enough. I will try and start watching from the beginning. This will be fun. No need of another thread for the same subject. I'll just go check them out. [emoji2]

Ah never mind, sometimes it's hard to catch up in every post and every thread. But we can really ask them about bringing in something you would like to see. They even said so in that thread.

Have a good time while at the table and all the best afterwards.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
This is something I am faced with from time to time. People have said at least twice, "you are a forum moderator (at MyTT) so it is a shame you express your opinion on X". One person said that by expressing mine I was suppressing his! Much butthurt he felt.

The answer is no. (I should have been more polite though. I told him to go jump in a lake. He accused me of being a terrible person because I wanted him to die. I think he is not a native English speaker. Or maybe it was after I told him to go play on a highway. I have achieved very little enlightenment this time around).

Anyway the characterization of western coaching in those videos certainly reduced their credibility so I personally really stopped caring who Eat Rats Rich is. Actually the first one I saw I immediately recognized the Vietnamese accent (you hear it a lot where I live) and so figured there was no reason to believe he had ever had direct contact with Chinese coaches.

Not worth friends getting pissed off at each other.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Ah, poor thing he was. Offended at real. And you didn't offer to hold hiz until the hurt went away.

Jokerz woulda been complaining of broken bent twisted body parts attempting to do some of the stuff to theirsevz I would suggest if they took me serious.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is something I am faced with from time to time. People have said at least twice, "you are a forum moderator (at MyTT) so it is a shame you express your opinion on X". One person said that by expressing mine I was suppressing his! Much butthurt he felt.

The answer is no. (I should have been more polite though. I told him to go jump in a lake. He accused me of being a terrible person because I wanted him to die. I think he is not a native English speaker. Or maybe it was after I told him to go play on a highway. I have achieved very little enlightenment this time around).

Anyway the characterization of western coaching in those videos certainly reduced their credibility so I personally really stopped caring who Eat Rats Rich is. Actually the first one I saw I immediately recognized the Vietnamese accent (you hear it a lot where I live) and so figured there was no reason to believe he had ever had direct contact with Chinese coaches.

Not worth friends getting pissed off at each other.

The entire planet would be better off if people understood metaphor better. Throughout history wars have been started because people had different names for their metaphors. :)

This user has no status.
I remember when i gave my opinion on the use of pimples (mostly on long pimples) in our sport, i got attacked by quite some guys on here. I am still 100% convinced that even the players that use them would be better off if they were not used in mainstream competition. I was only talking in favor of the sport really.
Now every year there are some pimples that arent allowed anymore by ITTF. There is even no way to measure if the correct minimum friction is there on pimple rubbers in most places (clubs ...).

Yesterday i had a tough game against a player using pimples , i was 2 games down, i had to save 8 match points , it was really ugly to see this game due to the weird trajectories the pimples made the ball have :(.

It was really frustrating when the guy was pissed his anti-table tennis didnt give him the win.
Pimples should only be used recreationally or in a separate competition.

And another thing : the plastic ball is not consistently the same ball , the differences are still doing harm to our sport. For example the standard 3star DHS i played with lately are really bad.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I remember when i gave my opinion on the use of pimples (mostly on long pimples) in our sport, i got attacked by quite some guys on here. I am still 100% convinced that even the players that use them would be better off if they were not used in mainstream competition. I was only talking in favor of the sport really.
Now every year there are some pimples that arent allowed anymore by ITTF. There is even no way to measure if the correct minimum friction is there on pimple rubbers in most places (clubs ...).

Yesterday i had a tough game against a player using pimples , i was 2 games down, i had to save 8 match points , it was really ugly to see this game due to the weird trajectories the pimples made the ball have :(.

It was really frustrating when the guy was pissed his anti-table tennis didnt give him the win.
Pimples should only be used recreationally or in a separate competition.

And another thing : the plastic ball is not consistently the same ball , the differences are still doing harm to our sport. For example the standard 3star DHS i played with lately are really bad.
Why is this relevant to the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.