Who will win the China Open World Tour 2012?

• Ma Long

Votes: 39 45.3%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

• Wang Liqin

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Chuang Chih-Yuan

• Oh Sang Eun

• Other (post below)

• Total voters
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
..and now we will see if he could maintain his peak performance or even take it to even a higher level.
Let's just not hope he is yo-yoing his game at this stage :)

I don't think we've seen the best of him yet. Away from the table, I have no doubt he is the best there is, but fast exchanges close to table still can be improved. It's easy to be a champ, but sustaining it time and time again is really hard. That's why I rated WLQ as the best. It's difficult going in every tournament as the man to beat, and everyone is eyeing for your scalp:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I still think that Ma Long can play a lot better than he played against Xu Xin, so I wouldnt say that Xu Xin is the best..
We will definitelly see more matches between Xu Xin and the other chinese, I am looking forward to it..
Just dont let it be boring like Korea open finals..
China open matches were much better!

Reactions: azlan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
It is great that Zhang, Ma and Xu can all win against each other. In the previous year it was always like Xu was one step lower than Zhang and Ma, but he proved that wrong now. If those three keep on improving themselves and beating each other, we will have an extremely cool decade of table tennis ahead of us. Much more interesting than when one guy wins everything :)

Mar 2011
It is great that Zhang, Ma and Xu can all win against each other. In the previous year it was always like Xu was one step lower than Zhang and Ma, but he proved that wrong now. If those three keep on improving themselves and beating each other, we will have an extremely cool decade of table tennis ahead of us. Much more interesting than when one guy wins everything :)

Bang on Wiwa!!:) I couldn't have said it better. The three are now pretty much at par with each other, and that will make it even more interesting. We certainly need one or two Europeans up there, or nearly up there with them to make it even more engaging for us to watch.:) Timo is injured, Maze is on and off, Dima is not quite there. I'm craving for an European to give the three a run for their money.:)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Bang on Wiwa!!:) I couldn't have said it better. The three are now pretty much at par with each other, and that will make it even more interesting. We certainly need one or two Europeans up there, or nearly up there with them to make it even more engaging for us to watch.:) Timo is injured, Maze is on and off, Dima is not quite there. I'm craving for an European to give the three a run for their money.:)

Totally agree! Xu Xin has always been so close.. And now he has finally closed the gap! These three players will push each other to the highest limits the table tennis world has ever seen!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

Very true! But you shouldn't measure the Europeans against Chinese standards. They play a totally different game most of the time. What they need is tactics, to keep them in the rally. They lose on pure power (except Dima maybe), but if they can serve and return in such a way that they can get the initiative, they don't need that power. Just like Koki Niwa who doesn't have that power either. That's what makes it interesting. And we shouldn't forget about powerfreaks Seo Hyun Deok, Lee Sang Su and Kim Min Seok :) They can give the CNT a run for their money in terms of power and speed.