Der_Echte in NYC

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
He woulda been bitching about the weight if it was wrong right away, but he was wow all the way. Dude was ear to ear grin hitting with the Beast Mod Qabod. I shoulda shut up about the weight, but you know how I am, I gotta tell it all. He might want you to stock a test bat, but how many companies field a few amature players a set of 5 test bats? (Like Carl has)

I think it is still gunna take some more time for him to believe that the way I make it heavier is for the better. It is all good. The market gets what it wants.

Company Goon Squad Propaganda has made many of us believe a blade has gotta be minimal weight, but it is about how the weight is spread and how solid it is.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Smashfan was there on Saturday? Men, I should have slept better!

NL, he showed up real late after a function. He really only had time to hit a few rallies with me using Qabod Beast Mod, which he really liked, but suddenly didn't like the weight after i told him :(

When I asked Carl to write such and such text about wearing you down, it was that day, by the time we got into action Late Sun, I wasn't 100 percent energizer bunny by any measure, but also, neither were you, and you still fought everyone at that club who would step into the Octagon with you. I knew I wasn't gunna make my drive back n time. As it was, I stopped for 1.5 hrs cracked neck and almost got caught by the rush hour.

You missed out on the epic rally for the ages no camera caught (that PP Holic edged me out on, and you missed the motivating fight-battle cry of Hwakshilly-Chook-Yio, which turned the Korean club into a riot when I said that match point and closed out a match.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OSPH, It will take many months to grow it to a consistent thing, but having a reliable opening topspin (and a quick open pivot) will give you so many possibilities to finish points with authority that YOU will be running the mind trick business. Opponents will later realize that vs you, there are only two options - get killed on the heavy spin or follow up smash, or surrender.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Selected highlights from Monday's match vs "si-hing" (term of respect, literally means "martial older brother" in Cantonese)

1 - 3rd ball loop & 5th ball smash
2 - 6th & 8th ball loops
3 - 4th ball smash slow topspin loop
4 - 6th ball smash slow topspin loop
5 - missed 4th ball loop
6 - 3rd ball smash
7 - 3rd ball loop & 5th ball smash
8 - 6th ball loop & 8th ball smash
9 - si-hing misjudged my sidespin serve's break

The purpose of this highlight video was to show that the Nexy Amazon chinese penhold blade worked well for my close-to-table attacks. Although this match I lost 3 straight (-7,-6,-5), most of the match I was working on serving sidedown and looking to 3rd ball loop. Although my plan was to slow topspin loop on 3rd ball and then 5th smash if blocked passively, all my loops were more loop drives. As a note, I've always lost to si-hing, mostly close matches, usually lose 3-1, once lost 3-2... i've scored mostly -8 or -7. His weakness is eating my sidetop serve which I didn't serve at all this match.

I had only one sheet of rubber on the Nexy's Amazon blade ... a MX-P. The Amazon is a joy to smash with as well as close-to-the-table looping. During the match I didn't have a chance to punch as I usually punch after serving a rocket serve to BH which i didn't do. This combo feels very close to my 1980's old DHS "08" blade with old 729 Friendship back when I was in my prime.

Looking forward to testing the Amazon with a rubber on the back Tuesday night. Will slap a slightly used DHS H3. May or may not flip between the 2 rubbers. For now, they seem the same or similar enough for me.

My loops (if you can call it that LOL) are far from perfect, I have a few points in mind that i know i need to work on. With that said, comments as always are welcomed. I'm a big boy, will take no offense from you comments.

P.s. will repost this to the Daily TT Chit Chat thread tomorrow.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Der putting together a new setup for OSPH:

Nexy Amazon with M-XP.

Like a pimp:

a3aa8c909ef04718e75242c286fda9fb.jpg

79d7facf8c9c7b4352f454f94e057515.jpg

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

I could be wrong, but this doesn't look like WBG to me
[Emoji12]
Looks like you guys had a jolly good time.
Nice one

OSPH, your level of humbleness and gratitude is simply amazing and inspiring.
You don't find this a lot nowadays.
Thanks, mate

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
OSPH, your level of humbleness and gratitude is simply amazing and inspiring.
You don't find this a lot nowadays.
Thanks, mate

Thank you Suga D! (oh wait, i did it again ;-)

There is so much negativity and sadness all around me ... instead of focusing on all that and venting/complaining, I choose to focus on the positive.

Words fail to express how fortunate/grateful I feel after this past weekend as well as the generous tips/advice given on the Daily TT Chit Chat thread. The only words i can offer are "Thank you". Although those are the only words I can say, the best thing for me to do is to take that advice/tips/teachings and show it was not a waste of time from the person who offered it. Although, that will take some time to really work it in. Plus with my old man memory, i may not remember on any given day.

But I will do my best to absorb it all and see if it manifests in my expression of this joy we all love that we call Table Tennis!

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I could be wrong, but this doesn't look like WBG to me
[Emoji12]

NextLevel made a similar comment. I think it was: "Rubber cement, oh well!."

VOCs + MXP. Hahaha. That is how Der_Echte rolls.

I did not photo when Der licked the topsheet before cutting. Hahaha.

Now we know why Der is the Rambo Looper and plays as if he is using speed glue.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OSP, they are all pulling ur leg. The few VOC in the rubber cement dissapated well before you even arrived. I use rubber cement as it is cheap and clean removal when changing rubbers.

What helped you was a new sheet of rubber and a blade good close to the table. Ppholic correctly states Amazon is not as great away from Table.

You asked and I said before, certain equipment can make a task easier, but technique still has gotta be there.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
OSP, they are all pulling ur leg. The few VOC in the rubber cement dissapated well before you even arrived. I use rubber cement as it is cheap and clean removal when changing rubbers.

What helped you was a new sheet of rubber and a blade good close to the table. Ppholic correctly states Amazon is not as great away from Table.

You asked and I said before, certain equipment can make a task easier, but technique still has gotta be there.

Rubber Cement has been known to make people fail VOC tests 24 hours later. Just letting you know how much you have really cheated ;).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I link the rubber a little to make the scissors cut easier. That actually works.

Hahaha, that's what they all say... quite sure that you have a secret goon squad recipe that mysteriously enhances the rubber when you lick it...

Sigh.
Just couldn't resist this one.
:p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Nexy Amazon CPen - Day 3 review

Yesterday I only had a single sheet of rubber and was used to it, played decently enough with it in a match... as well as using it the previous day and playing decently ...

Today, put on the back a used DHS H3 rubber... tried to hit FH and fh loop... weight threw me way off, couldn't make any shots :(

1) hit with a player about my level ... first time I ever saw him ... maybe he is using old rubber or Chinese rubber, ball seems to die out, ph with Phantom on back

Couldn't hit fh, couldn't loop...

Resorted to BH blocking and I was very decent with the extra weight ... didn't vibrate as much, but still made some sounds

After about 20 mins hitting, he wanted to play a set ... he won first easily as I tried to find my attacks, even missed smashes, my prime attack

2nd game, got some of my smashes in... jumped to early commanding lead and closed it out... 3rd game, he won close, 4th game I won close ... what turned it around for me was recalling JeffM posting in the Daily TT Chit Chat thread about the middle point where players need to decide between fh or bh

I served a rocket to his middle point and caught him indecisive and he popped up ball, and i went into hulk smash mode

He couldn't return my side top or rocket serves, so 5th game, i poured it on with just those 2 serves and won convincingly iirc

Physically felt lethargic, didn't pace myself with hydration

2) hit with the gentleman from last night, he is a jpen 1800 player... blocked his loops and Amazon with 2 rubbers was pretty good, here and there I needed to make adjustments for the weight

He was just warming up with me as he was next in another table... we hit for ~30 mins

3) wanted to take a break, kind of wiped out, but M2, a 2300 player, asked me to hit with him ... despite fatigue/dehydration feelings, I obliged

We usually start slowly and progressively increased speed and power... he was bh smashing and I bh blocked

We then did serves and 3rd ball drills, still couldn't quite nail the loop

After 20 mins or so, a 2200 player showed up and M2 was going to have me hit with him, but I declined citing fatigue

Rested for 40 mins or so and left... not happy with my performance tonight ... it may be in my head about the added weight, it may be also due to not enough rest, been playing since saturday

Will see what I can do tomorrow night and report back ... no video of tonight's play

Last edited: