Der_Echte in NYC

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
We cannot describe that totally epic rally PP Holic and I had. Lots of strong shots countered with better shots and footwork. Rally was a thing to behold. A shame we couldn't inspire Carl to record the action earlier.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I state everywhere I go that table tennis is an entertainment business. I strongly believe that even non tt purists should be able to relate to the action.

Having said that, right before the serve on match pt vs PP holic I made the loud battle cry of "Hwak-Shilly-Chook-Yio"

That has more meaning to Koreans. Literally means Kill for Sure. In colloquial English it is kinda close to Kill that Sucka... Finish Him.

A foreigner saying that and repeating it after the kill shot causes a riot of hilariousness they never experience.

I also broke out the flex bicep and kiss cheer for others playing when I was in between matches.

I broke out a couple Weissbier after that point for the crown and now they are sold on German beer.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Vs OSPH, for the camera I gave him the friendly taunt of if he loses even one point on his serve it is game over. That ended up being true.

On many of the points he won, the power smash deserved a biceps flex or a By-Ya... as in the ball went by Der_Echte.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I have it ready. I can leave it with the NYISC Staff for if you fail to escape the frau trap... test it out and toss it to Carl when done.

Looks bad, doubt I can eacape the iron clutches of the frau trap. it pains me to say that.

Please leave with NYISC staff and say it is for.42andbackpains

Or if PPHolic shows up, please see if he can pass it onto me.

Thank you!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I played 6 doubles matches and lost one to Carl and ppholic tight in the 5th.

Carl drank one of my larger half liter Erdinger Hefeweissen and got a quick case of the drowsies... We gotta use Weissbier to bait the next Goon Squad trap.

As we drove ppholic to his batcave Carl's snoring was like a chainsaw. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Vs OSPH, for the camera I gave him the friendly taunt of if he loses even one point on his serve it is game over. That ended up being true.

On many of the points he won, the power smash deserved a biceps flex or a By-Ya... as in the ball went by Der_Echte.

Prior to our match, I knew it wouldnt be easy for me... saw Der's rambo loops before during the previous goon squad mission in our doubles match

What I expected and had true with was reading his serves, I played like a 500 on serve receive

What I didn't expect and it's an underrated aspect of Der's game ... he is 2500 in this ...

His jedi mind tricks/trash talking!!!!

THANK YOU DER for the match, loads to learn and work on

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl drank one of my larger half liter Erdinger Hefeweissen and got a quick case of the drowsies... We gotta use Weissbier to bait the next Goon Squad trap.

As we drove ppholic to his batcave Carl's snoring was like a chainsaw. :)

I actually had the drowsies before I had the beer. I got the drowsies in the middle of a match with PPH where my energy level simply crashed and I decided I was cooked. So I figured the beer plus dinner in the Red Bowl Chinese Restaurant would ensure I could fall asleep on the drive because I knew we were driving PPH home and I had to wake up at 7am for work.

As I predicted to myself while at the club, we would get to my crib for sleep at 3am and these days 4 hours sleep is just not enough. So the extra few winks and snores I got lying in the back seat Der's James Bond car were a welcomed extra.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
Carl. You teach/touch women in a relaxed invironment for a living.. how could you ever need to wink in a dudes car on a weekend?

Y'all just need better music when driving!

a29aa561fcb8dc548d64f2c0ef5a10d7.jpg

;)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl. You teach/touch women in a relaxed invironment for a living.. how could you ever need to wink in a dudes car on a weekend?

Y'all just need better music when driving!

a29aa561fcb8dc548d64f2c0ef5a10d7.jpg

;)

Hahaha. Winks and snores. That wouldn't work on the women in my yoga classes or my wife either. Different kind of wink. But better music is good always. Especially if it blocks out the animal sounds.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Next Level in the house !!! Group pic to follow from Carl.

As promised:

5dac8d761b113d1ed95a624122edab82.jpg

f5327152a63c28705234da437dcfe706.jpg

874a949526ab560d7911f151b40a2f82.jpg

The only person in these photos who was not there yesterday was NextLevel.

From left to right: Der_Echte, NextLevel, OldSchool and OCDCarl.

Notice who is pimping Nexy gear. Hahaha.

Too bad we forgot to take a photo yesterday. Total attendance from yesterday including SmashFan and OSPH who both showed up around 10:30pm last night and two MyTT members I didn't know, who left on the early side, was 10 strong. Today when I left there were 5 but I think 42&BP will show up at some point.

I had to leave for an appointment. But fun has been had.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Next Level has a new approach to attacking... attack everything... and it works... real good. He is a half to full level better than last year.

Funny, that doesn't sound too different from how it seemed you were playing. Hahaha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Funny, that doesn't sound too different from how it seemed you were playing. Hahaha.

Don't let the sandbagger fool you. After he had clobbered me 3-2, 3-1, then I realized I had to attack even if I lost. That's what he means by attacking everything.