says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
1) is the sea moon better for the DHS type sponges? Yes, falco is too weak and doesn't work on dhs rubber
2) medium viscosity glue - such as ? Revolution medium viscosity. For h3 nat i use No15 which is thicker.
3) why apply a layer of glue after each coat of booster? Do you let the booster completely dry before applying the layer of glue? The extra layer of glue acts as an extra sponge to better control and better bounce.
4) how long does the whole procedure last? Including the flattening out process. For dignics, I first cut the rubber, then I apply the booster in the middle only. That way the rubber won't curl up at the edge making gluing not a problem. For dhs, No15 is really strong; it's designed for boosted rubber so it's np sticking onto the paddle. How long the booster dry depends on the temp and area. I live in SF so it's pretty dry up here, booster dry within 6 hours.
5) Does the sheet return to a completely flat condition? see my reply on 4) it doesn't matter, I got ways to glue it; no need to wait days/weeks to flat.

Cheers!!! One day I’ll give it a try, when I get another sheet of DHS H3 Nat!!

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
Dignics BTY greatest mistake.

Tenergy is bty greatest success, unboost it will play well for 2~3 weeks before performance drop. If you boost it, it will play superb but after a week the rubber is completely dead. No other rubber feels like t05 and you are force to buy $40/$50/$60/$70 per sheet as times goes on.

Dignics on the other hand. The longevity is outrageous. The sponge WILL NOT die, there is almost no performance drop at all (at least i can't tell, and I am a pretty good player myself). Boosting(I only use falco tempo long) the rubber WILL NOT cause the rubber to wear out faster. It will sotfens up the rubber and makes it plays better. It's more stable compare to tenergy, the sponge last longer than any other rubber out there times two, the top sheet also lasts longer. I've been playing dignics for over a year. The only reason I change rubber every 6 month is because I chip my rubber badly when I hit the table, but performance-wise (boosted) it stays consistent.

If I put on my old rubber and do I blind test i can't tell which side is the newer rubber.

BTY deserves my praise on this rubber, it might not do good on sales because casuals only sees the pricetag and think to him/herself (oh i can buy 3x xioms), but dignics can do more and last longer.

BTY should've use the spring sponge that dies faster or a less quality topsheet so it wear out faster to boost sales. They just made the lexus of rubber.

/thread

vik

This user has no status.

vik

This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
In another thread you said you bought dignics 09 recently.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...national-(properly-boosted)&highlight=Dignics

How do you know I last forever?I bought it 3 weeks ago and it wears out pretty quick IMG_20200814_200327.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...national-(properly-boosted)&highlight=Dignics

How do you know I last forever?I bought it 3 weeks ago and it wears out pretty quickView attachment 21903

He is probably talking about his experience with Dignics 05 and it's durability.

It is true, D05 lasts forever. TBD on whether D09C will as well. People will complain about the price but even with the latest round of ESN offerings it still seems that those rubbers fall off quickly and drastically in a way that Dignics does not, so you can actually save money and not have to deal with instability and unpredictability in your material when you choose Dignics.

I largely agree with OP, though it is tiring that he frequently feels the need to ignore active threads on the exact same subjects and open a new thread to post his thoughts, because he thinks his opinions are much more valuable than anyone else (these are his own words) and he seems to have a weekly need to remind the forum that he is "a pretty good player himself".

Reactions: quanghuysk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Disclaimer: Not a very good player myself.

I hear a lot of different opinions from players that are top300 players in the this country. Some absolutely detest Dignics and some love it. I'm bit like a 14 year old fan boy (even though I'm 42) so I ask the good players what they use and why etc and quite a few players have switched back from D05/D80 to T05/T80. Quite a few of them has said that Dignics feels to soft (which I can understand as I can play quite comfortably with D05 and not with T05).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Scrubplayer, you have three threads on Dignics 09c. I decided they are not different enough to be different threads. I have merged the two newer ones into your first D09c thread. Sorry, but repeat threads encourage people making the same post in multiple threads like Vik's posts above.

Reactions: Giangt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019

How do you know I last forever?I bought it 3 weeks ago and it wears out pretty quickView attachment 21903

I can confirm this Dignics 09c is not as durable as the other dignics05 or 80

My friend bought a Dignics09c Juli 2nd for training after covid.
And he had to replace it this week because it was already too worn out.
The ball slipped of his racket regularly when trying to play with high spin because the grip was way less.
It's a lot worse then Vic's picture.

Granted we train 3 to 4 times a week (sessions of 2 to 3 hours) but he was really hoping this rubber would last for the whole summer and it didn't.

If needed I can provide screenshots.

May 2018

The ball slipped of his racket regularly when trying to play with high spin because the grip was way less.

Granted we train 3 to 4 times a week (sessions of 2 to 3 hours) but he was really hoping this rubber would last for the whole summer and it didn't.

I do experience the slippage too but i dont' think it has anything to do with wear and tear. I exp the slippage during my first week when I am trying to do some really spinny thin brush. It just seems 09c is not the kind of rubber for that kind of shot.

It seems to me to use 09c you need to drive the ball into the sponge. Just using the topsheet to do the work is a no-go for 09c.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Players get the "Plastic Ball Slip" from the balls when trying a shot too thin contact not into topsheet enough where you didn't see it as much from celluloid balls... it is simply a consequence of the new material for ball given a certain stroke technique... sometimes happens on thinner contact with looser grip too...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews

Same here. Great rubber but the top sheet wore quickly. Durability nothing like D05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I have been playing with D09c on both sides for 4 sessions. I found one thing. When I brushed the ball all shots went in with amazing spin and speed. But when my contact was too flat and there wasn’t brush the ball went to the net.

Why is that the case? I just wanted to understand why D09c behaves like this? Cz it is a hard sponge and tacky surface? Can someone please explain.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I have been playing with D09c on both sides for 4 sessions. I found one thing. When I brushed the ball all shots went in with amazing spin and speed. But when my contact was too flat and there wasn’t brush the ball went to the net.

Why is that the case? I just wanted to understand why D09c behaves like this? Cz it is a hard sponge and tacky surface? Can someone please explain.

Ask for a refund instead. You have a strong case here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
What is that supposed to mean? Instead of answering questions why does everyone have to be so rude and sarcastic. I mean I just asked a simple question.

It's a joke.

All jokes aside, a lot of people were hating on that comment when the video was initially released, calling it ridiculous marketing hype, etc. People should realize that when pros say things like that, that is relative to them. I am sure that Dima fully believed what he said about "not needing to adjust the racket angle" because he is speaking from a relative point of view - of course he doesn't mean that you could literally do whatever you wanted with the paddle and the ball will go on.

As to your question, "when your contact is too flat, the ball goes into the net"...wouldn't that be the case for any rubber?

Reactions: matzreenzi and zeio
This user has no status.
What is that supposed to mean? Instead of answering questions why does everyone have to be so rude and sarcastic. I mean I just asked a simple question.

The question posted is too over simplistic and without any information what shots you are getting into or etc.

I believe you need to be more specific, ie what is the spin you trying to hit back or etc?

The other issue is also your type of strokes will also dictate a lot the playing style.

From my personal view, Dignics 09C is still not comparable to H3N in terms of picking up underspin balls or putting on spin via light brushes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Isn't this true for any rubber, especially sticky rubber of some sort?