Dignics needs break-in?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 2 reviews
I just glued a dignics 05 on my forehand. After the first session, I see that it is slower and less lively than my Glayzer(20+ sessions). Glayzer was also a bit duller when I started playing with it, but T05 was always ready to play even when fresh out of the package. Does Dignics need some time for break-in or this is what I get? I see that the topsheet is very very good, but I think sponge should be bit better for this price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I just glued a dignics 05 on my forehand. After the first session, I see that it is slower and less lively than my Glayzer(20+ sessions). Glayzer was also a bit duller when I started playing with it, but T05 was always ready to play even when fresh out of the package. Does Dignics need some time for break-in or this is what I get? I see that the topsheet is very very good, but I think sponge should be bit better for this price.
Maybe the difference is the hardness. Dignics is harder so it needs a little more activation to come alive.

You could also try boosting it a little

Reactions: ander999
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 2 reviews
Btw, I had a 5 year break from table tennis, I restarted a few months ago with rozena and glayzer just to get in shape. Before the break I had T05+EL-S.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
On what blade did you use it? I personally can't stand dignics on limba outer and it's very lively on koto (lgy blade) for me (tried 05 and 09c).

Reactions: speaquinox
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 2 reviews
How do you like Rozana v.s. Glayzer? Thanks!
Glayzer feels more spin oriented, better topsheet, more dwell but maybe lacks just a bit of speed when getting away from the table compared to Rozena. But it’s a better rubber imho. Glayzer is very consistent. Neither is very fast.
On what blade did you use it? I personally can't stand dignics on limba outer and it's very lively on koto (lgy blade) for me (tried 05 and 09c).
Interesting, I played it it on an Innerforce Alc. will give a try on 36.5(koto outer)

Reactions: JJ Ng
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Put the 40 мм ball onto rubber, press it forcefully and roll all over the rubber surface. A guy used to betake the big heavy bowling ball. No harm anyway.

Be happy.

Reactions: speaquinox
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 2 reviews
Glayzer is softer so it is easier to engage the sponge there. Also depends on the glue you used.
I am aware of that, it is an easier rubber in many ways. But feelingdead /dull is different. I have experinced very hard rubbers and how/when they engage the sponge. Maybe the glue job is not good, that I can look into.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Express break-in 🙂
Lol, I would not do that a Dignic 09c. I think the 40mm ball is to take away the extreme tackiness on Hurrican rubber, using new 40mm ball and the white residue to decrease the tackiness quickly.

First of all, hurricane is dirt cheap, especially after 30% bulk discount from TT11. Yes, I will do whatever I want with hurricane. If I were to spend $80 to $90 for a sheet of Dignic, I would not roll a bowling over it. I will just hit it a few times in the practice session to break it in. It is all a matter of perspectives

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Breaking the D05 takes as much time as WE need to get used to the behavior of the rubber. My first D05 needed certain "break in" period, my second felt already broken from the moment I glued it on ........and actually I adore D05 on my limba blade and found it boring and demanding on koto e.g. TB alc and zlc

D05 is also good on blades with hinoki outer ply. I've never noticed D05 needing or having a break in period. I didn't play with 09C long enough to know if it breaks in. I just knew I didn't like. 2 sessions and then I took it off.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I don't think it needs break in based on my experience ... .. its just that it plays significantly different than tenergy and I also felt that the characteristic slightly changes when it becomes older as in the sponge retains the power but the topsheet loses some of its grip ... hence .. if you are changing from tenergy 05 or from an older dignics 05 it takes a day or two to adjust ... especially for the lower percentage shots slike a power drive on a long underspin ...

all in all once you start getting the contact right .. its very stable and predictable ..especially on the higher end .. atleast for me I feel more secure in swinging when the balls are very low even below the table ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 2 reviews
I don't think it needs break in based on my experience ... .. its just that it plays significantly different than tenergy and I also felt that the characteristic slightly changes when it becomes older as in the sponge retains the power but the topsheet loses some of its grip ... hence .. if you are changing from tenergy 05 or from an older dignics 05 it takes a day or two to adjust ... especially for the lower percentage shots slike a power drive on a long underspin ...

all in all once you start getting the contact right .. its very stable and predictable ..especially on the higher end .. atleast for me I feel more secure in swinging when the balls are very low even below the table ..
It’s my first experience with the Dignics series, coming from years of playing with Tenergy, Evolution series. It really is significantly different. Probably more demanding but maybe rewards more. Dwell feels less.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I feel the same way , its like it needs adjustment to hand pressure to get the required dwell . Once you do that it rewards you significantly.
It’s my first experience with the Dignics series, coming from years of playing with Tenergy, Evolution series. It really is significantly different. Probably more demanding but maybe rewards more. Dwell feels less.