Short review of Glayzer 09c (don't buy)

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I hope fewer and fewer people buy G09c so it can get even cheaper!

I myself cannot get 100% along with ESN or Daiki on my forehand ever since Rasant PG had been discontinued; Coppa, Hexer, Rasanter, Omega, Omega China, Vega, Rakza, Mantra, Tango, Goldarc, Dragongrip, Etika and now Hammond Z2. Fastarc G1 was 90% OK-ish….

Though the crazy thing is that all of the above I can use comfortably on my backhand with no issue at all.

To me Butterfly has this very special unique feeling from the sponge. It just matches to my FH technique, it feels like HOME.

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I wonder if its the Spring Sponge X people dont like?
I wasnt blown away with the Glayzers especially the G09c, but maybe its the sponge, as D09c has an amazing topsheet - but felt i wasn't maximising the rubber. Plus its just sooooo expensive.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
That is true but considering the discounts ESN products can get. I think a lot of rubbers fall into the same price range. MX-P? 3=4, I could get Victas V>20 for the same price as Rozena which is wild.
MXP has a pretty quick drop off in performance, but agreed that some ESN rubbers are better value for money.
note that I did say - 'compared to BTY line-up'.
A lot of people say that 1 sheet of BTY lasts longer than 1 sheet of ESN rubber, and that justifies the high cost of BTY rubbers. I only used the Glazers for a month or 2, didn't notice any drop in performance, but that happens unless you directly compare an old sheet against new!!

Reactions: jammmail
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I hope fewer and fewer people buy G09c so it can get even cheaper!

I myself cannot get 100% along with ESN or Daiki on my forehand ever since Rasant PG had been discontinued; Coppa, Hexer, Rasanter, Omega, Omega China, Vega, Rakza, Mantra, Tango, Goldarc, Dragongrip, Etika and now Hammond Z2. Fastarc G1 was 90% OK-ish….

Though the crazy thing is that all of the above I can use comfortably on my backhand with no issue at all.

To me Butterfly has this very special unique feeling from the sponge. It just matches to my FH technique, it feels like HOME.
I agree about that BTY feeling, it's not for me though!!!

Reactions: jammmail and ZFT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
I understand where you are all coming from however,

I have tried Glayzer 09C and Dignics 05 on the same blade. Dignics 05 is amazing for rallying near and far from the table speed spin and low to the net amazing feel!

However at my level as soon as a game starts the pushes come out and the control/grip of the Glayzer 09C is so much better ‘for me’ opening up against backspin and pushing back with backspin is much more controlled as well as ball placement when driving. With the Dignics 05 as soon as I was under pressure the quick rebound highlighted my lack of skill!

The Glayzer 09C that I have are sticky compared to the Dignics 05 (I’m OCD so always clean with water and replace the sticky protective sheets after a game). Can lift the ball briefly when pressed down on it. But I can produce more spin from the Dignics 05 easier, it maybe the sponge hardness (D05 40, G09C 42) and my lack of technique.

Would like to try the Dignics 09C next (yes I am a massive EJ) but at £80 a go it’s an expensive experiment!

Has anyone tried the G09C and D09C on the same blade? To compare

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I feel that Glazer has it's place in the BTY line up, it's not even marketed as a 'top end' rubber, if you take 'PAR' as being Dignics 05 / 09C then of course it's going to be considered 'SUB PAR'
It has the same level of tackiness as G09C and many other hybrid rubbers out there.
For the price point, when compared to the BTY line up, the difference in price out weighs the difference in performance.
Sure, it's not the top end, but neither is the price.
It has a place if you want cheap, butterfly and semi tacky. But it's not tacky, or even decent. Maybe boosting will bring out good characteristics

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I learned my lesson when I got burned by Rozena and Aibiss. The only reason Butterfly should get any business if the performance of their rubbers actually merits their price. If they try to sell lower performing rubbers on the strength of the name, only fanboys would happily pay for them.
Rozena is a very good rubber, decent spin, good speed, great ease of use and exceptional feel. I loved it.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
It has a place if you want cheap, butterfly and semi tacky. But it's not tacky, or even decent. Maybe boosting will bring out good characteristics
It has the same tackiness as D09C, the old tackiness D (haven’t used this for 30+ yrs) had more tack than G09C, D09C, SpinArt and probably Aibiss !! If Tackiness D / C still has the same tackiness properties that it use to have, then it’s the tackiest BTY rubber. They should put the tackiness topsheet on their spring sponges!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

I have tried Glayzer 09C and Dignics 05 on the same blade. Dignics 05 is amazing for rallying near and far from the table speed spin and low to the net amazing feel!

However at my level as soon as a game starts the pushes come out and the control/grip of the Glayzer 09C is so much better ‘for me’ opening up against backspin and pushing back with backspin is much more controlled as well as ball placement when driving. With the Dignics 05 as soon as I was under pressure the quick rebound highlighted my lack of skill!

The Glayzer 09C that I have are sticky compared to the Dignics 05 (I’m OCD so always clean with water and replace the sticky protective sheets after a game). Can lift the ball briefly when pressed down on it. But I can produce more spin from the Dignics 05 easier, it maybe the sponge hardness (D05 40, G09C 42) and my lack of technique.

Would like to try the Dignics 09C next (yes I am a massive EJ) but at £80 a go it’s an expensive experiment!

I have on a TBS, D09c is a much better rubber but its very expensive and not worth the cost for the amateur imo. G09c doesn't retain the best parts of D09c unfortunately. Its not a bad rubber - just very average, and as its Butterfly its still expensive really. D09c on FH can create great spin - but as mentioned I think its down to its great topsheet.

Reactions: Crewdy
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
It has the same tackiness as D09C, the old tackiness D (haven’t used this for 30+ yrs) had more tack than G09C, D09C, SpinArt and probably Aibiss !! If Tackiness D / C still has the same tackiness properties that it use to have, then it’s the tackiest BTY rubber. They should put the tackiness topsheet on their spring sponges!!
It doesn't have the same tackiness, it's almost non tacky. it has very little dwell and doesn't hold the ball even for a split second.

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021

D09c has a higher power ceiling and spin potential vs G09c. As an approximation, for me 15-20% more. For people with excellent technique it can be even more I would think.

G09c is an absolute blocking monster, so stable, so consistent.

Similar short game for both.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Rozena is a very good rubber, decent spin, good speed, great ease of use and exceptional feel. I loved it.
I second that. When I used to use inverted on the BH side, I liked Rozena and Rakza 7 soft equally. Putting Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05 on the backhand side, the ball just flew out and I could not control it. Rozena is a fine rubber for its price. Glayzer, on the other hand, I feel is priced a bit too high for what it is worth.

Rozena priced at $35 a sheet is very competitive with many ESN rubbers at $44 or $45 sheet minus 25% discount. I have no complaint about Rozena and Rakza 7 soft at its current pricing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
My experience is the opposite. Rozena - which i did use for a while - didn't suit me at all. No spin but quite fast. If you want that, why not use short pips? Then you'll get some disruptive effects as well.
G09c on the other hand I've always thought that Butterfly did a mistake not naming it "Dignics 09c FX" and charge more. Of course I do not want to pay more but i really can't feel this sub-par level you all are talking about.
But yes, I realise I'm the minority here... just a few cents...

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
It doesn't have the same tackiness, it's almost non tacky. it has very little dwell and doesn't hold the ball even for a split second.
sorry, but you're wrong, I have used both D09C and G09C, the tackiness levels on the sheets I had were indentical. but yes, very little tackiness. verging on none. but similar to other hybrids such as K3, ZGX, Donic C2, J&H H Etc
as for dwell time - see the dwell time thread!!!!! BB will do his nut!!!!

My experience is the opposite. Rozena - which i did use for a while - didn't suit me at all. No spin but quite fast. If you want that, why not use short pips? Then you'll get some disruptive effects as well.
G09c on the other hand I've always thought that Butterfly did a mistake not naming it "Dignics 09c FX" and charge more. Of course I do not want to pay more but i really can't feel this sub-par level you all are talking about.
But yes, I realise I'm the minority here... just a few cents...
I kind of agree....

Rozena felt way too fast for me (but without the grip of a Tenergy) as a backhand rubber even on a 7 ply flexy blade like the PG7. Glayzer (the regular one) may not be an exciting rubber, but that's what makes it one of my favorite backhand rubbers. It's medium hard, not too bouncy in the short game, and very easy for passive blocks and punch blocks. G09C is even better in the short game, but it being harder makes it more difficult to access speed/spin in lower power shots on the backhand.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
sorry, but you're wrong, I have used both D09C and G09C, the tackiness levels on the sheets I had were indentical. but yes, very little tackiness. verging on none. but similar to other hybrids such as K3, ZGX, Donic C2, J&H H Etc
as for dwell time - see the dwell time thread!!!!! BB will do his nut!!!!
I can tell you what,
I've played hurricane 3, h3 neo and now hurricane 2 neo. Tenergy 05 and 05fx, 80 and rozena.

The chinese have more dwell time than glayzer, either because they are very tacky. Tenergy and dignics are more controlled because they are nice and soft.

Haven't played d09c, only d05 and d64 so I can't compare. But I do think that d05 also has a good amount of dwell.

Glayzer is the worst of both worlds, hard and no tackiness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have used the Glayzer, find the arc pretty high, good spin while the tackiness last, not the fastest rubber and a bit hard. Much easier to use on the forehand since it is easier to get power from the bod so can stilll play pretty hard shots. Do not think we can compare Glayzer with the more expensive Butterfly rubbers.
Find it hard to find affordable rubbers, someone mentioned MXP but that rubber felt ready to be thrown away after one month. Glayzer have less tackiness now but still playable.

Reactions: IB66