WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
https://jtta.or.jp/tour/17524
According to JTTA, only the Olympic players are sent by the national team:
Harimoto/Togami/Shinozuki
Hayata/Harimoto/Hirano

The others are going at their own expense, which means their respective affiliation teams have a say. And Hirano, Harimoto, Kihara and Nagasaki belong to Kinoshita Group...

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
someone please help this kid

1710086512892.jpeg

Jan 2018
2024新加坡大满贯赛讨论帖 (Singapore Smash 2024 Discussion Thread)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8921922309?pn=8
天珏鼬宇 晓娜姐3比2力克曾尖 妮娜你长点心吧还被邵杰尼让二追三 只会生气踢挡板有啥用 啥时候能把德国女队扛起来噢 主办方坡队没几个人咯
IP属地:中国香港来自Android客户端243楼2024-03-10 22:15回复
Sister Xiaona defeated Zeng Jian 3-2. Nina, grow up already. Got turned the tables by Shao Jieni, would only get angry and kick the barrier. What good does it do? When will you be able to lead the German women's team? The organizer's team doesn't have many players left.

This user has no status.
Damn Akula is playing almost exactly like a shakehand version of my practice partner lol, with all of the same disgusting patterns and balls with weird spin. Funny that even the pros are so susceptible to this!

Tbh there's no easy way to deal with such LP play, you just have to grind hard on all of the points, which is what Wang Manyu did. The only thing I think Wang Manyu is lacking is the low spin BH opening loop. Her BH is always super spinny and this allowed Akula to get a lot of backspin on her chopblock. The low spin BH opening loop if made to look almost the same would cause a lot of LP chopblock mistakes and even if they adjusted, Akula wouldn't be able to get so much spin reversal = opportunity ball on her next chopblock. And when they adjust to the low spin, give them a few high spin ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
My guess is that Japan would not want Miwa/Hirano to prematurely run into double Miyu (a very strong pair). Need to get experience against top foreign pairs.
That part makes sense, but why would the Korean team split up their pair in order to help out the JNT interests? :unsure:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
That part makes sense, but why would the Korean team split up their pair in order to help out the JNT interests? :unsure:
Are they really though? Remember that doubles is part of the team event. Korea likely can't play their best team in doubles in the team event as that would require both their best players. So both of them have to get used to playing with another yet to be determined partner (not sure if KNT has finalized who the 3rd player will be on the women's side).

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Are they really though? Remember that doubles is part of the team event. Korea likely can't play their best team in doubles in the team event as that would require both their best players. So both of them have to get used to playing with another yet to be determined partner (not sure if KNT has finalized who the 3rd player will be on the women's side).
So both of their interests are aligned for similar reasons. That's pretty interesting and it'd be cool to get the details about how that all came about.

I remember seeing a video from about a week ago where they showed the Japanese team staying behind in Busan to practice with the Korean team. Seems like they've had or are developing a close relationship. I wonder how high up this goes up the chain of decision makers in terms of Japan/Korea relations and if it delves into the realm of politics.

Reactions: jbvttcc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Lee Zion is a good candidate after her performance at WTTC 2024. Stepped up and won all her matches besides the one against China while Shin Yubin faltered. I don't recall any other KNT third singles performing so well in recent times.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
So both of their interests are aligned for similar reasons. That's pretty interesting and it'd be cool to get the details about how that all came about.

I remember seeing a video from about a week ago where they showed the Japanese team staying behind in Busan to practice with the Korean team. Seems like they've had or are developing a close relationship. I wonder how high up this goes up the chain of decision makers in terms of Japan/Korea relations and if it delves into the realm of politics.
Joo Cheonhui plays on the same T-League team as Hirano, Miwa, Kihara, and Nagasaki. Shin Yubin plays on a different T-League team so Japan and Korea have a very strong relationship. Both Nagasaki and Kihara are very strong doubles players so that's a bonus for the S. Koreans.

Incidentally, Miwa and Hirano might not make it out of the 1st round of WD. They meet the 2023 Asian Games bronze medalists Mukherjee sisters who beat the Chinese pair of CM/WYD.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
@driversbeat ,

Kudos to SGP XD Wong / Koen for taking a higher seeded pair of Polcanova / Gardos all the way to the decider but losing a close game at 11-9. There is no shame in losing in this way. I was thoroughly entertained.

P/S: Wong is the weakest of all the player on the table.

• Wow
Reactions: driversbeat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
@driversbeat ,

Kudos to SGP XD Wong / Koen for taking a higher seeded pair of Polcanova / Gardos all the way to the decider but losing a close game at 11-9. There is no shame in losing in this way. I was thoroughly entertained.

P/S: Wong is the weakest of all the player on the table.
That's a good result for them. I feel like they're always meeting the Austrian pair at the first round of major events and I think this is the closest they've ever gotten.

PPS: The Thai people told me that Wong is very popular there for obvious reasons

Jan 2018
Looks like a power/lighting outage of sorts just hit - Taylor Swift related?
Could be hackers from its Southeast Asian neighbors...;)

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/sout...ncerts-should-not-be-seen-expression-jealousy
Srettha’s remarks, made on February 15 at a business conference in Bangkok, were the first to indicate that monetary incentives had been doled out to make sure Swift would perform nowhere else in Southeast Asia.

He said then that AEG, the concert organiser, had told him the Singapore government offered US$2 million to US$3 million per show in exchange of exclusivity, a figure that CNA understands is closer to the total sum for all six shows, not for each.

A lawmaker in the Philippines later expressed unhappiness about Singapore’s deal and reportedly said “this isn’t what good neighbours do”, resulting in media reports focusing on the supposed unhappiness over Singapore’s actions.

• Haha