Post your latest EJ purchase

This user has no status.
Viscaria is an amazing blade - I have two (one is 2011) but have semi retired them for inner blades as they were just a touch too hard for me to control in matches.

I hope to get back to them in the future!
For some reason, the handle is super comfortable for me, fits like a glove to my hands. I also really like how direct they feel when going BH-BH. I reckon I'm gonna stick with this for a long, long time. I just tried it out against a chopper and FH looping against those nasty chops are just a breeze with D05. It actually feels like it creates more spin than Hurricane, and is also less affected by the incoming underspin.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I want to add, I have tried BTY Innerforce as well but it felt duller and not as lively as Viscaria. I have also tried my friend's Zhang Jike Super ZLC and it was also amazing. I guess I am those that prefer a livelier feeling where the carbon is more closer to the outwards later.

Reactions: TT Lover
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
image 1.jpeg
image 2.jpeg
image 3.jpeg
image 4.jpeg

Ok, let me explain. Two photos are the current rubbers I am boosting to put on different blades. Third photos are the blades. Fourth photo contains the important rubbers I have in stock that I don't plan to open yet.

A few comments:

1) I really like Gambler Blackout carbon blade (supposedly Gambler's fastest carbon blade which in my opinion is fast but NOT THAT FAST) with H3 neo black on the FH and Rakza 7 soft red on the BH. The combination is fast but controllable. I am very surprised on how much I like Rakza 7 SOFT on the BH side. I thought I need to do Rakza 7 regular; I am used to Fastarc G-1 on the BH side for 4 years and G-1 has a hard top sheet. But that's my favorite blade. Cost of the blade regular price without discount: $40 for the blade, $26 for H3 neo, $44 for Rakza 7 soft = $110 (I usually buy in bulk so the cost would have been 30% off = $77). And currently I am recycling all the old rubbers.

2) My second favorite blade right now is Gambler Fire Dragon Hinoki carbon composite with H3 neo red on the FH with Stiga Genesis (first generation, discontinued) black on the BH side. The set up is "more solid" than set up #1 but is slightly slower. I have a love affair with H3 neo so I don't want to say anything more. Stiga Genesis is "made in China" and it says on the sheet but the tackines wears off very quickly and it has some euro/ESN catapult effect but not too much. I don't know where Stiga sources Genesis but I have a strong feeling it is DHS. So with both side Chinese rubbers, it is a pretty heavy set up but it feels "solid" and I like Genesis as a BH rubber.

3) My third favorite blade is Donic Persson Powerplay with H3 neo black on the FH with Tibhar refurbished, boosted again Revolution EL-S red on the BH. I like it. The blade is a bit heavy. Donic Persson Powerplay is a 7-ply all wood. It feels faster than Tibhar Stratus power wood and less vibration but controllable. I like this set-up. I am surprised that I like Donic Persson Powerplay over Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition with the latter I don't feel the same touch I get with Donic Persson Powerplay and Tibhar Stratus Power Wood.

4) Fourth favorite blade is Tibhar Stratus Power Wood with Sanwei Target National red on the FH and Fastarc G-1 on the BH. I am surprised that I am moving away potentially from G-1 as my backhand rubber.

5) What do I plan to do next? I plan to put H3 Neo on the FH of Nittaku Acoustic carbon and Xiom Vega Europe on the BH side. I want to give Nittaku Acoustic carbon one last chance and am going to go with slower rubbers.

I plan to put Big Dipper on the FH of Tibhar Stratus Power wood and see if I like it (that blde happens to have Razka 7 on the BH side).

What I have noticed, just coming out of the package, Xiom Vega Europe is very very soft. I feel like much softer than Evolution FX-P and Rakza 7 soft. I don't know if I will like it!

Also just putting my fingers on the top sheet, in terms of spein, it is easy for me to say G-1/C-1 spinner than the Revolution series and Tenergy series (both about the same) which are than spinner than Xiom Vega Europe. I am surprise that my finger test does not feel much grip from Xiom Vega Europe.

Finally my finger test also shows that Big Dipper is less less tacky than either H3 neo and Sanwei Target National! So I guess Big Dipper is truly Hybrid like but might even be less tacky than K1 and K2. I will find out soon!

The last photo, I refuse to open any of those packages yet until I finish this round of testing which will take me a few weeks at least.

Never tried Yinhe and Xiom rubbers. I will see how they perform on the actual blade.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Today getting wake up, with a stupid fixed idea, that I need to buy FZD alc with D09c both sides and I did it.

I’m more innerforce type guy, but after 2 hours today session, coach have say that i should keep playing with it. And a good student should listen to his sensei, so I guess, I’ll keep playing with it. Will see how it goes 🙃

What is interesting, that when we doing bounce test with Harimoto alc (same D09c rubber) vs FZD - the ball bounces more on a Harimoto which doesn’t make any sense to me, and the whole feeling was that HALC is harder which again - should be opposite, right? But for whatever reason it is

Attachments

• FC41BF13-57BB-4E27-9D2E-93C845A56634.jpeg
    FC41BF13-57BB-4E27-9D2E-93C845A56634.jpeg
    640.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Today getting wake up, with a stupid fixed idea, that I need to buy FZD alc with D09c both sides and I did it.

I’m more innerforce type guy, but after 2 hours today session, coach have say that i should keep playing with it. And a good student should listen to his sensei, so I guess, I’ll keep playing with it. Will see how it goes 🙃

What is interesting, that when we doing bounce test with Harimoto alc (same D09c rubber) vs FZD - the ball bounces more on a Harimoto which doesn’t make any sense to me, and the whole feeling was that HALC is harder which again - should be opposite, right? But for whatever reason it is

Could just be that your new sheet of D09c on the FZD has more tack to it than an older sheet of D09c.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Could just be that your new sheet of D09c on the FZD has more tack to it than an older sheet of D09c.
No, they are both kinda new rubbers. I just switching old D09c on HALC to the new one, that was few days ago. In game FZD has really good control, despite being quicker of a blade. I will play a tourney at Saturday with it

Last edited:
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
No, they are both kinda new rubbers. I just switching old D09c on HALC to the new one, that was few days ago. In game FZD has really good control, despite being quicker of a blade. I will play a tourney at Saturday with it
Have you weighed both blades? I've found weight to be a decently significant indicator of how fast a blade might play relative to the construction

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

its beautiful. Maybe the most beautiful blade in the industry. Let us know how you like the D09C. What rubbers were you using before?

Reactions: JJ Ng
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Have you weighed both blades? I've found weight to be a decently significant indicator of how fast a blade might play relative to the construction
Yeah, of course I did , they both 85-86 gram of a weight. This is the obvious things, that I got in to consider.

On the table it feels faster than HALC, you need some brute force to play with D09c on forehand of HALC. But FZD requires more gentle touch, but not much effort needed, just pick the right angle and go for the shot

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
its beautiful. Maybe the most beautiful blade in the industry. Let us know how you like the D09C. What rubbers were you using before?
I usually play forehand with D09c an all of my blades, and I have a few ones (apolonia, franziska, ovtcharov, lin gaoyuan, harimoto, hl5, innerforce layer zlc, and some wooden also), and for the backhand I’m using D05, D80, and D09c as well, sometimes Sieger pk50.

And very rarely, just for experimenting only, for backhand - tenergy 19, fastarc g1, tried both glayzers too. Never super liked it. I got to conclusion, that I didn’t really like softer rubbers.

For me D09c is the best in terms of control, spin, and ease of using. You can’t go wrong with this rubber, even if you an amateur

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Got my Stuor Viscaria clone (layers like Viscaria, handle like Viscaria Super ALC) in and glued Tibhar Hybrid MK's to it, Max on FH, 2.0 on BH. Previously got a Stuor Long V clone with Xiom Vega X on it too, same thickness rubbers.

Gonna try em both out over the summer to see which setup is gonna be my main blade for the new season, but I suspect it will be the Viscaria Clone with the Tibhar rubbers.

If the Stuor blades hold up I am giving myself the Lin Yun-Ju Super ZLC Clone from Stuor as Christmas present this year 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Got my Stuor Viscaria clone (layers like Viscaria, handle like Viscaria Super ALC) in and glued Tibhar Hybrid MK's to it, Max on FH, 2.0 on BH. Previously got a Stuor Long V clone with Xiom Vega X on it too, same thickness rubbers.

Gonna try em both out over the summer to see which setup is gonna be my main blade for the new season, but I suspect it will be the Viscaria Clone with the Tibhar rubbers.

If the Stuor blades hold up I am giving myself the Lin Yun-Ju Super ZLC Clone from Stuor as Christmas present this year 😂
My buddy just got a stout viscaria Clone. I gave him my old Tenergys. I’ll be able you to confirm how similar they are tonight when we hit.

Reactions: JJ Ng and enoxzr
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
My buddy just got a stout viscaria Clone. I gave him my old Tenergys. I’ll be able you to confirm how similar they are tonight when we hit.
Update, pretty similar but definitely have a slightly different feeling. Maybe more stiff? It’s not very noticeable but definitely a bigger difference between my two 87g viscaria’s. It’s definitely a quality blade for $26. Good value.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I bought 2 each St handle V1 PPP OFF- blades... with my volume discount, I got the blades for around $26 USD each.

I also went down a level of firmness on FH to SOFT sponge... got a couple sheets of Donic Bluestorm Z3 for $33 USD each... my FX-D is around that price... and a couple sheets of Aurus Soft for $27 each... such a setup will once again promote a spin based opening game more than my current battle axes.

So one setup is used T05FX red 2.1 for zero USD, FX-D at $33 and the blade for $26... so $59 USD at almost half the cost of Tenergy 105.

Other setup is Z3 ($33), Aurus Soft ($27) and PPP ($26) for a total of $86... so another setup for UNDER the cost of a diginiski rubber.

I officially have no moar street cred.

I am not raving crazy talking about H3, its national versions, and how to tune it. STRIKE ONE.

I do not fantasize over BTY rubbers. STRIKE 2.5

I do not dream about 895 and Long 5 blades. STRIKE 4

I will soon be cancelled by the TT forum equipment junkies loonies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I bought 2 each St handle V1 PPP OFF- blades... with my volume discount, I got the blades for around $26 USD each.

I also went down a level of firmness on FH to SOFT sponge... got a couple sheets of Donic Bluestorm Z3 for $33 USD each... my FX-D is around that price... and a couple sheets of Aurus Soft for $27 each... such a setup will once again promote a spin based opening game more than my current battle axes.

So one setup is used T05FX red 2.1 for zero USD, FX-D at $33 and the blade for $26... so $59 USD at almost half the cost of Tenergy 105.

Other setup is Z3 ($33), Aurus Soft ($27) and PPP ($26) for a total of $86... so another setup for UNDER the cost of a diginiski rubber.

I officially have no moar street cred.

I am not raving crazy talking about H3, its national versions, and how to tune it. STRIKE ONE.

I do not fantasize over BTY rubbers. STRIKE 2.5

I do not dream about 895 and Long 5 blades. STRIKE 4

I will soon be cancelled by the TT forum equipment junkies loonies.
I am recycling my 2-3 year old FX-P, EL-S, T05fx, H3 neo, etc. Please see above. I have no street cred here anymore.

Your post reminds me. I need to go around the club and buy used T80, Dignics 09c, Dignics 05 and T05 from club newbee's who have bought them. I am sure in six months' time, they will upgrade and I will beg their used rubber for free (and reboost them)!!!! :) :)