Advantages of 1.8mm

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you tell me what does "gibberish" mean that will be all :)))

My dictionary gives the definition:

“Unintelligible or meaningless speech or writing: nonsense.”

[emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
My 0.02c

1.8mm+ Soft: Makes no sense. You will bottom out the rubber very often.

1.8mm+ Hard: Good for hitting, pushing, chopping etc. Not that forgiving for looping. Good for flat hitters who play very aggressively close to the table.

Max + Soft-Medium: Good for soft looping. Lots of catapult in the short game however. This is good for mid-distance players who use simple serves and tactics to get into a rally. Can also work for beginners who want to learn the looping game.

Max + Hard: Good for looping if you have the technique and power. Ball easier to control in the short game than with Max + Soft. This setup is generally for a power-looper who has a good level. Can work well for many players if the rubber is medium- medium hard.

2.0 mm + Soft-Medium: Good for a safe passive game without too much catapult in the short game. You can still open up safely and block/counter well.

2.0mm + Medium-Hard to Hard: Sweet spot for me. More direct feeling while serving, receiving, pushing. Still has enough sponge for all kinds of looping.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Just thinking .. what do they do with tenergy topsheet once they take out the sponge ... so are there as many tenergy topsheet + hurricane sponge rubbers out there as there are hurricane topsheet + tenergy sponge ? ... just kidding .. curious to know how it worked out for you .. keep us posted Suga D ... I for one is intrigued to know how it works ..

Haha. That's a very good question, my friend.
;)
I didn't find the time to glue it on yet, but i actually was planning to do so next monday or tuesday.

I'll keep you updated.

And the H3 topsheet + Tenergy sponge combo works well? Could you give us a review?

I probably won't be able to test it before next friday, but i'll let you know my impressions.
I've held the sponge next to one of my old t05s and surprisingly it not only had exactly the same colour as the spring sponge it also really felt and looked the same except it didn't have any BTY stamp or laser branding.
Quite late over here. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow or latest when i glue it on.

Thanks Suga D. I knew I did not have all the info. Glad you came and provided a little more. Plus that extra stuff that only a true EJ could appreciate like the Tenergy Sponge with H3 Topsheet. I think we may have to arrange for Monster to try that. :)

And as far as the TT companies, it is always interesting to see and realize how they have closer ties than most of us realize. Like seeing Nittaku H3, or Avalox blades with a Nittaku label. Butterfly blade with Stiga handle where both companies have to know how that happened. Stiga Clipper with DHS handle. Tenergy sponge with H3 topsheet. The list goes on. :)

I think Ma Lin used to use a Sriver topsheet on a Bryce sponge for his RPB BH. :)

I am pretty sure Stiga Makes the Joola Viva for Joola because it is also a Clipper. :)

Thank you, Carl.
Absolutely correct.
There are collaborations that are well known and some not so well known.
I've seen an old BTY blade from a collector that had STIGA's three crown sticker at the bottom of the handle too.
I've also heard Soulspin has made blades for other companies like Donic.

Also we must not forget that Nittaku China is located in the same building in Shanghai as DHS, so no big surprise there are Nittaku versions of DHS rubbers and blades, and also no big surprise that a Nittaku sponsored player like Kasumi Ishikawa plays with H3neo blue sponge.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
And as far as the TT companies, it is always interesting to see and realize how they have closer ties than most of us realize.
I just had to check this out. I know that most industries have associations where companies in the same industry get together to promote the industry but they also find ways to make deals that may benefit themselves. I bet they NEVER talk about a unified rubber or blade rating system. I bet they do talk about how to market new rubbers or blades that aren't really any different from what has been made before yet still make the buyers think they must have it.

So here is the proof there is "collusion" ;)
http://www.tt-manufacturers.com/members.htm
I bet none of you have heard of FIT before.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Because of you guys I really regret I'm not a native speaker of English since I don't understand half of what you wrote. .maybe it's good I won't be viewed as a nosy guy. Carl which one of the two first rubbers was the one about 40°? I understand that the red one only counts? We have official shop in Poland which sells dhs products. What I like about Chinese rubbers is the price :) I was afraid of using them because of the heavy waight. But the ones you proposed seem to be lighter/more like European :) thank you

Hey Pawel,
Thanks for your message. I thought others might want to know this as well, so I'll post the answer here.

I've got my H3neo National version 37° red from a very good friend as a christmas present after he returned from China. He told me his friend in China ordered it and it came over night by plane while he was in Beijing.
My friend probably won't be in China before next spring, but i still can ask when i see him in the next few days.
But you can also either order from ProTT or ask Chen Chen when he's online again.

Of course you can also ask your local DHS dealer, but you should ask them if they can provide you with provincial version.
Why do i write this? With the commercial versions you can not select the sponge hardness, so the sponge hardnesses can vary from batch to batch. You can only select sponge hardnesses with provincial or national versions.
Afaik the National red H3n is something like 40,-$ whereas the provincial only costs 38,-$
and if your not playing on national level i doubt you will feel any difference between these two.
The Nittaku H3 with the cream/white sponge feels also very soft, so that could be worth trying out as well, but then again you can't select the hardness so they might vary a bit (or maybe even a bit more)
Hope this has answered your question.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Thank you for detail info. I think I'll be able to find a provincial version of h3 at my local sellers and since I can tell you I'm not rather going to the next olimpic games lol :) I'm won't feel the difference. One more: is h3 provincial much different from h3 neo?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Hi anchor thanx for your post
After practising 1.8mm mxp fh n 802 on bh
I can say im close to the table player and if i go mid to far cant send the ball consistently to otherside.
If i use max i land the ball over out
Now i have to record my video n post
And i have to try 2.00mm also to see if it works out for me [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Hi anchor thanx for your post
After practising 1.8mm mxp fh n 802 on bh
I can say im close to the table player and if i go mid to far cant send the ball consistently to otherside.
If i use max i land the ball over out
Now i have to record my video n post
And i have to try 2.00mm also to see if it works out for me [emoji1317]

What I wrote was a generalization that usually holds true but you don't really need to get into the nitty gritty of the physics involved. I looked at your blade. It does seem like you are using a very hard and fast blade (Yasaka rates it as OFF+) with hard outer layers.

I think using the same setup (with MXP in 2.0mm) with an OFF- blade would be better. Try something like the Yasaka allround Plus if you want to order from them.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
in this case gibberish means , they had a meetup at Newyork , had a gala time , somebody tried to start a scuffle where Der_echte pulled out the out of town gangsta card and then subsequently there might have been some altercation at the parking on the street where again Der_Echte brought out his machine gun ... at least thats what I am guessing ...
If you tell me what does "gibberish" mean that will be all :)))

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Monster, don't go giving everyone a false imagination man... :D

Anyone who has been watching TTD from years back knows that I gave birth to the GOON SQUAD during that thread years back about National and pro versions of rubber.

The make fun part was that the companies hired a private army of mafia style enforcers to go after amature players who got unauthorized sheets of pro/national rubber.

The NSA Spy phone was born from a longstanding TTD policy against the phrase (I-phoney... well I mean the famous apple smart phone that forum filters filter out - you cannot say it on a post :D )... Whenever you quoted a post that someone posted using that certain apple phone, I would have to go back and edit the "Sent from ... phone" part of it... and what the heck, I started to call it a Spy Phone and credit Carl with super powers.

The Brooklyn bridge was a random thing I came up with when I was upset enough to tell some peoples to go jump off a bridge. Somehow, it became a cultural icon.

Of course everything spawned forward... ways to entrap the goonies, what happens to them after they are caught, the number of safe houses Carl maintains that are disguised as crack houses....

Then there was the TTD automatic additional text to the bottom of each post sent using TAPATALK... of which in a few posts I modified to say "TapDat-Talk®"

These are easily gibberish to the average person who doesn't follow TTD, but to the TTD vets, it is fun talk... or at the very least carl likes it...

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In that one case you quote Monster, I was using a delaying tactic of threatening to piss all over the goonies from point blank range, not fire a Tommy Gun like old school gansta.... it wouldn't have worked it I didn't already have it whipped out and pointed towards them at the ready.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
you are right , I should have guessed, sad they don't make the Tommy Guns like they used to make back then in the day, these days they get jammed when you need them most ! :)
In that one case you quote Monster, I was using a delaying tactic of threatening to piss all over the goonies from point blank range, not fire a Tommy Gun like old school gansta.... it wouldn't have worked it I didn't already have it whipped out and pointed towards them at the ready.