What non-Butterfly blade is most similar to Viscaria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Search result on the composition of a blade:
Andro Treiber K
XVT Dragon ALC

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I own the Donic True Carbon and many Viscaria blades. Very close.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Many people say that Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon is close to Butterfly Viscaria. I also heard that Yasaka will produce the similar clone to Viscaria named Yasaka Alnade, which endorsed by Liang Jingkun who using Viscaria right now. So, I feel, Yasaka Alnade will be pretty much close to Viscaria.

Here is the link http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_6&products_id=3300.
You also can find information in Yasaka Latest Catalog.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
So whats the difference between them. Speed? Feel?

Very little difference at all in the ones I had. Handle shape is slightly different. I am not some sort of professional blade tester, but I have played with Viscaria since around 2007 and I have owned a bunch of them. Too many!! At one point I acquired them for stupid reasons. DTC is the closest thing there is that I have tried. I haven't tried all the other clones other people have mentioned here (or even that many of them). But if there is just one thing I know about table tennis, it would be this: I know what a Viscaria blade is supposed to feel like.

I can say this: DTC in terms of speed, hardness, feel is so close to a Viscaria that you could switch between the two blades with about the same adjustment as you need when you switch from one Viscaria to another. These things are all made of wood so no two are identical. Overall DTC is about as close as can be. Try to get a heavier DTC, around 90 grams.

If someone wants the feel of a Viscaria for less money, I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this blade.

Last edited: