Who will win the China Open World Tour 2012?

• Ma Long

Votes: 39 45.3%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

• Wang Liqin

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Chuang Chih-Yuan

• Oh Sang Eun

• Other (post below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
to Ma Lin's level? just impossible ;) :D
but if he get the same short game skill like Ma Lin with his insane super fast footwork .... Wow, I would say unbeatable!
But Xu Xin short game is already very good! I really like this "backhand flip" from the forehand side. He used this often against Boll at the Qatar Open 2011. :) He does not use this shot often anymore :(

Ma Long still gets the most votes although he is not in a very good shape :) I love this forum! I have the feeling that he will at least advance to the final and meet ZJ for an epic battle (like Austrian Open)

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I voted for Xu Xin, because when he plays there's always unbelievable shots that makes you go :O... hope he further refines his short game to Ma Lin levels...

Yeah, the newer generation of penhold players just dont seem to have the type of short game that Ma Lin has mastered. Part of it probably is the change in style with the rph backhand, and part of it probably is just Ma Lin's amazing talent. But if Xu Xin ever got a short game like Ma Lin, he would be out of this world. With his long arms and his insane forehand, his third ball attack could be super potent if he had better short game mastery.

This user has no status.
Yeah, the newer generation of penhold players just dont seem to have the type of short game that Ma Lin has mastered. Part of it probably is the change in style with the rph backhand, and part of it probably is just Ma Lin's amazing talent. But if Xu Xin ever got a short game like Ma Lin, he would be out of this world. With his long arms and his insane forehand, his third ball attack could be super potent if he had better short game mastery.

My thoughts exactly! He would destroy everyone, including Ma Long and Zhang Jike if he had Ma Lin's short game....what an amazing FH! But I think he's in fact improving in this aspect, I saw his games against Chan Kazuhiro and Zhang Jike during the Korean Open. Chan Kazuhiro didn't even get the chance to enter a proper controlled rally, he got finished b4 the 3rd or 4th ball... Zhang Jike, if he did not have his BH over-the-table loop, would have been destroyed as well...

This user has no status.
to Ma Lin's level? just impossible ;) :D
but if he get the same short game skill like Ma Lin with his insane super fast footwork .... Wow, I would say unbeatable!
But Xu Xin short game is already very good! I really like this "backhand flip" from the forehand side. He used this often against Boll at the Qatar Open 2011. :) He does not use this shot often anymore :(

Haha, I think he's replaced this shot with his new and improved FH flick! So many direct/indirect FH flick winners during the Korean Open, during the singles and especially during the doubles match. Maybe it's because he used it a few times against Ma Long and Zhang Jike b4 who just destroyed his sidespin FH flip with powerloops and got discouraged... :)