Where to buy Hurricane III national blue or orange sponge?

So I'm looking to get a Hurricane 3 national or provincial, and read that taobao.com was the place to go. anyone have any links that they trust? obviously there's lots of fakes floating around, and don't know how to judge. Been looking at this: https://world.taobao.com/item/521834155382.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.BJFE9O#detail

All I really know is that Octagon=domestic. Hex=Provincial. Quad=National. then there's the blue/orange difference. Also, does anyone know the weight difference between domestic, provincial and national? I read that provincial was lighter than domestic, and national even lighter. Would like some confirmation from those who have tried all three. And is provincial different from Orange sponge national? I'm not looking to boost, just want a high quality tacky rubber. All the best!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
forget about nationals. The only difference between them and the provincials is that they re cut from the center of the rubber sheet. get Provincials, They are the next row and commercial is the third. I can't tell the difference. You won't be able to tell the difference and every Chinese pro I have talked to in my life about the subject can't tell the difference and tell me they use provincial all the time.

They aren't lighter as you go to national, they just become more consistent. In fact they probably would become heavier. There is oodles on information saying that national is more elastic and has more spin or tackier or less tacky blah blah blah....they aren't. They are just the same everytime you get them. And the provincials are so close to the same everytime that unless you have the feeling of a Chinese national player....you won't feel the difference.

Provincials are rarely faked. In fact I have never seen a fake provincial. You can call up DHS and request a box of provincials. I have done it for a ping pong shop around here. They are more expensive yes....but they aren't reserved for the national team.

There IS a difference between the blue sponge and the orange.

The blue sponge sucks in booster faster because it is slightly softer. However it also let's go of the booster faster....so if you are pro and change your rubber every week during training and for every tournament match, then blue sponge is for you!

Orange sponge is harder but comes in softer variants (all the way down to 35 deg) hence why many women use it.

The top sheet is the same.

Hope that sheds some light.

Here is my additional information...

Chinese rubbers are meant to be boosted. Period.

Yes I understand that you can play a good control game and many good players play with unlimited Chinese rubbers. But they aren't meant to be played like that and if you want to get the most out of them you should boost them.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Reactions: Ilia Minkin
forget about nationals. The only difference between them and the provincials is that they re cut from the center of the rubber sheet. get Provincials, They are the next row and commercial is the third. I can't tell the difference. You won't be able to tell the difference and every Chinese pro I have talked to in my life about the subject can't tell the difference and tell me they use provincial all the time.

They aren't lighter as you go to national, they just become more consistent. In fact they probably would become heavier. There is oodles on information saying that national is more elastic and has more spin or tackier or less tacky blah blah blah....they aren't. They are just the same everytime you get them. And the provincials are so close to the same everytime that unless you have the feeling of a Chinese national player....you won't feel the difference.

Provincials are rarely faked. In fact I have never seen a fake provincial. You can call up DHS and request a box of provincials. I have done it for a ping pong shop around here. They are more expensive yes....but they aren't reserved for the national team.

The blue sponge sucks in booster faster because it is slightly softer. However it also let's go of the booster faster....so if you are pro and change your rubber every week during training and for every tournament match, then blue sponge is for you!

Orange sponge is harder but comes in softer variants (all the way down to 35 deg) hence why many women use it.

Yes I understand that you can play a good control game and many good players play with unlimited Chinese rubbers. But they aren't meant to be played like that and if you want to get the most out of them you should boost them.

This is very good to know thanks. Is the only difference you've found between orange and blue how well they boost? what's the difference in playability (given the same hardness)? And is there a weight difference between blue and orange? I only really want to boost when I start playing people who can return my loops consistently, or if I need to have options away from the table. As a penholder, I play close to the table and very spinny, so don't really need the added speed. One day I'm sure I'll boost, but as for now, I'd rather focus on technique.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016

This is very good to know thanks. Is the only difference you've found between orange and blue how well they boost? what's the difference in playability (given the same hardness)? And is there a weight difference between blue and orange? I only really want to boost when I start playing people who can return my loops consistently, or if I need to have options away from the table. As a penholder, I play close to the table and very spinny, so don't really need the added speed. One day I'm sure I'll boost, but as for now, I'd rather focus on technique.
The weight difference is not enough to notice.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015
One thing I need to mention here is that stopping buying white packaging hurricane 3, unless you are using speed glue, which is banned by ITTF long time ago. It is quite clear on the packaging saying it is only allowed to use speed glue in CHINESE. Hurricane 3 neo is the version you can use voc free glue with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2015
James Livesey

My advice to you is to trust only reliable suppliers. On taobao all sellers are shouting that sell the original. Well, try to buy rubber from taobao. On 50 seller can buy the original rubber. I at one time a lot of money and time spent to find the original seller of products. I bought at different stores and intern forums table tennis in China. Council to buy from people, although rubber will be slightly more expensive, that already have contact with the original. Greedy pays twice - this proverb.

Chen Chen

Rightly said that the white package is under organic rubber glue and Europe are prohibited from using the old glue. I advise you to buy a rubber Hurricane NEO. NEO - is the rubber for the inorganic adhesive, namely water .I use a rubber provincial NEO on a blue sponge. The difference between the national and provincial version is not large, and the difference may feel high-level players in China.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
Oct 2015
Not at all. I once spent a lot of time and money, yet found a decent people in China, so I know the situation

I know my friend for a long time, who helps me to get the good stuff and I don't trust any other people, especially online there.:D

Reactions: Bensmithbortey
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2015
I give good prices for rubber original Hurricane 3

write in a personal message

1/NEO Hurricane 3 #22 blue sponge Provincial six angles green package (Rubber under the new water glue) 55$
41 2.15
40 2.1
2/ NEO Hurricane 3 blue sponge without packaging and vacuum bags Four Corners (Rubber under the new water glue) 75$
39 2.15
39 2.1
40 2.15
40 2.1
41 2.15
41 2.1
3/ NEO Hurricane 3 blue sponge National Four Corners green package (Rubber under the new water glue) 85$Rubber prepaid custom
39 2.1
39 2.15
40 2.1
40 2.15
41 2.1
41 2.15
4/ Hurricane 3 #22 blue sponge Four Corners without package (Rubber under the old fast glue) 50$
39 2.15
39 2.2
40 2.15
40 2.2
41 2.15
41 2.2
5/Hurricane 3 #22 blue sponge Provincial six angles new packaging (Rubber under the old fast glue) 50$Rubber prepaid custom
39 2.2
40 2.2
6//Hurricane 3 blue sponge National white packaging (Rubber under the old fast glue) 60$Rubber prepaid custom
39 2.2
40 2.2
7/ Super Rare NEO Hurricane 3 orange sponge Provincial Ma Long red six angles green package (Rubber under the new water glue) 40$
37 2.1
37 2.15
8/ Super Rare NEO Hurricane 3 orange sponge National Ma Long red Four Corners green package (Rubber under the new water glue) 73 $ Rubber prepaid custom
37 2.1

Last edited: