Friendship 729 battle 3

_ak

This user has no status.
My colleague uses B2P (I built his bat) and doesn't clean it, scrapes it, and generally doesn't look after it very well.

3 months of this, and it's still fine.

I honestly don't understand what people are doing to their rubbers, but neither the DHS nor any 729 rubbers in my possession have ever had these issues...
Mine began having spots immediately, even before I actually played. Just some air bubbles under protective sheet 🤷‍♂️

This user has no status.
My sheet of B3 arrived today, but I noticed that I had ordered 40 instead of 39 hardness. I am contemplating on returning it or giving it a try anyways, got new sheets of 39 hardness on the way already.

I tend to lean towards 39 degree rubbers, but can anyone break down how the 40 degree feels and behaves opposed to the 39 degree, after break in ofcourse?

EDIT: After reading this topic and the forum a bit more, I decided that I am gonna try the B3 40 anyways, however I will put it on my softer blade. Worst case its a couple of euros spent trying a rubber, and got some softer brothers on the way :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
Wow, I'm totally drawn in just by reading. I've never tried chinese rubber before, but here I am just finished gluing a new B3. I figured I have a task to break the rubber in, so wish me luck and patience guys 😄

I thought all Chinese rubbers would be sticky, but the B3 sheet I got wasn't as tacky as I had previously imagined. It still sticked to the initial plastic sheet, but it couldn't lift the ball. Is this what you guys meant by elastic topsheet? Or my sheet was probably just old already?

Last edited:
Wow, I'm totally drawn in just by reading. I've never tried chinese rubber before, but here I am just finished gluing a new B3. I figured I have a task to break the rubber in, so wish me luck and patience guys 😄

I thought all Chinese rubbers would be sticky, but the B3 sheet I got wasn't as tacky as I had previously imagined. It still sticked to the initial plastic sheet, but it couldn't lift the ball. Is this what you guys meant by elastic topsheet? Or my sheet was probably just old already?
H3 is not that sticky either. I think is an advantage because it speeds it up a tad and over time it doesn’t change as much.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Wow, well B3 is a hard switch for someone coming from grippy Japanese or German rubbers but hang on. Not the hardest switch tho since B3 is not too slow like some other sticky Chinese rubbers. Like you get an old PF4 and hemorrhoids with it as you try to get the ball over the net from 2 meter away.

(I still think a Big Dipper 38 deg is a great gateway rubber for someone transitioning from Eur/Jap to Chinese) It kind of has a clicky feeling like "Tenergy" but also is properly a sticky rubber.

By elastic topsheet I personally mean that the top rubber stretches as it contacts with the ball and then returns to its original shape fast. Many other Chinese rubbers don't stretch easily, they have a hard rubber topsheet and that makes weak strokes difficult/unpredictable. I don't have this issue with B3.
Also this property comes handy during serving since you can't really serve with huge impact, just slight touches and swipes etc... and the topsheet adds a lot of spin to the ball, it's deceiving.
Same with open up loops, sometimes I do a super weak open up and the opponent is very surprised how much spin the ball has. It's very deceiving since they just try to casually block it back but the almost always block long and they can't get what is happening.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
What is really interesting is that since the weather is getting warmer the rubber got a bit softer. That is normal for any rubber of course but now it kind of started to make a clicking sound like rubbers that imitate speed glue effect.
Sure it is not like Tenergy or 47deg big pored ESN rubbers but some similar sense is there. And it got even faster than before, is it due to the hotter temp or more breaking in? I am really unsure.
It kind of starts to feel like K3 with a stickier and better topsheet and even the 40deg B3 feels like a good option for backhand use too now. Confusing times. Maybe I should bust open that 38deg B3 for BH...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
What is really interesting is that since the weather is getting warmer the rubber got a bit softer. That is normal for any rubber of course but now it kind of started to make a clicking sound like rubbers that imitate speed glue effect.
Sure it is not like Tenergy or 47deg big pored ESN rubbers but some similar sense is there. And it got even faster than before, is it due to the hotter temp or more breaking in? I am really unsure.
It kind of starts to feel like K3 with a stickier and better topsheet and even the 40deg B3 feels like a good option for backhand use too now. Confusing times. Maybe I should bust open that 38deg B3 for BH...

It probably isn't all that bad for BH, but I've not tried the 38.

My 40 continues being a beast. There's nothing much more to say at this point. Probably 70 hours, and it still picks up the ball.

I'm most definitely wearing a thumb hole in it before the playing surface wears out. Athough, I still have quite a way to go still.

20240529_063500.jpg

The "BAT" of the Battle logo is still raised, but the "Made in" text has been relocated to the top of the handle, as seen above...

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Mine is also still doing really really well.
I am yet to open the second sheet as there is no need for it.

My plan is to get 1 more in 39° and 38° each, and maybe some more in 40° before everyone buys it and it will be out of stock.
1 rubber costs 22 Euros right now ( if you order only 1 at a time).

Sometimes I turn my paddle to receive a serve with B3 on backhand and It works well for that purpose.
In 38° it might be an actual option to use it for more than that.

Also:

My blocks on FH have never been better.
No other rubber made blocking so comfortable and easy and gave me this much confidence in them.

And:

I wanna appreciate everything about this rubber.

btw:
I like how we 3 have almost the same set ups:
- Fast fiber blade.
- B3 40°
- BH Tensor in 45°-50°.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024

btw:
I like how we 3 have almost the same set ups:
- Fast fiber blade.
- B3 40°
- BH Tensor in 45°-50°.

😂
This is the way.

Although, I'm almost looking for an excuse to throw the 39 on. I'm so hesitant to really pull the trigger on my forehand at the moment, as I don't want to pull my rotator cuff, yet again.
So I think the risk of bottoming out the 39 is low enough that I might as well gain some mid-speed response...

Thoughts?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I notice that the more I boost my Chinese rubbers, the more tacky and shiny they became, maybe the topsheets absorb some of the oil? combine with cleaners the topsheet will last very long. This is my 4 months old H3

View attachment 29991
Still looks really good. I think there is something in what you say that even the rubber drinks up some oils and changes a bit.

I just use my good old Revo cleaner and rejuvenator and it keeps the B3 topsheet in originalish condition. After 2 months mine is like this.
IMG20240529083646.jpgIMG20240529083627.jpg

Gonna test Gold Arc 9 on BH tonight. I like that it's only 47g cut to Cybershape.

Last edited:
Reactions: longle
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Still looks really good. I think there is something in what you say that even the rubber drinks up some oils and changes a bit.

I just use my good old Revo cleaner and rejuvenator and it keeps the B3 topsheet in originalish condition. After 2 months mine is like this.
View attachment 29994View attachment 29995

Gonna test Gold Arc 9 on BH tonight. I like that it's only 47g cut to Cybershape.
I tried Gold Arc 9 H38 on my friend's Viscaria BH yesterday, a bit harder than H3 H38. lower throw angle

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I tried Gold Arc 9 H38 on my friend's Viscaria BH yesterday, a bit harder than H3 H38. lower throw angle
I have the one with 37deg sponge. To me the topsheet feels very supple and the grip seems good. Less bouncy than a V15 but not that much. Not sure about how spinny it will be or how easy to use but so far to me it looks pretty high quality.

This user has no status.
I tested Battle 3 (39°) yesterday on an innerforce ZLC blade and it did certain things very well (serves/powerlooping against backspin and active blocking) but I did not like it in open rally play. Maybe it was the combination with the softer blade but I had a hard time to put pressure on my opponent.

Maybe I'll try it again later on a somewhat harder blade but I don't think it's a rubber for me in the long run. I liked Dignics 09c better. It was more predictable and easier to generate power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
I played too but it was hard to glue, so I put booster and 2 layers of glue and it works better . Good rubber. Not super spinny but it is not low throw so IT is easy to use

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I tested Battle 3 (39°) yesterday on an innerforce ZLC blade and it did certain things very well (serves/powerlooping against backspin and active blocking) but I did not like it in open rally play. Maybe it was the combination with the softer blade but I had a hard time to put pressure on my opponent.

Maybe I'll try it again later on a somewhat harder blade but I don't think it's a rubber for me in the long run. I liked Dignics 09c better. It was more predictable and easier to generate power.
B3 is begging for a fast blade.
It seems as though it's response is out of phase with slower blades, which means the properties that make it great are masked.

I played too but it was hard to glue, so I put booster and 2 layers of glue and it works better . Good rubber. Not super spinny but it is not low throw so IT is easy to use
I know it isn't a H3 national, but B3 is markedly more spinny than the vast majority of rubbers.
What blade did you test this on, and what hardness?

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
How good is B3 in humid conditions? I know it has elastic topsheet so that looks less humid-prone than the B2 series having hard topsheet.
I really like B2 BS 39 on my FH but it's summer now and it becomes very humid in the hall after 2 hours of practice and B2 becomes less grippy than even a frictionless anti😁.
I remember @Zwill mentioned that Mantra Pro is not prone to humidity. I have Mantra H and it's still good when it's humid but I don't like the feeling of the tensioned rubber. Now I play on BH Gewo Nexxus XT 48. It has soft topsheet but when it's humid it feels like a fast LP.
I'd like to find a Chinese rubber that's not prone to the humidity. I know H3 is good but I just don't like it, maybe because I don't have the right blade.
I thought of buying a sheet of G666 as I have very good memories with it.

Reactions: longle